[Ostheer] Vet 1 - Field first aid

2 years ago

I really feel like the ability need a buff. Its a 30 munition heal over time that doesnt even heal the selected squad to full if its models are too damaged. It also requires another squad to apply said healing thus tying down 2 squads for 4-5 seconds. The only positive thing about it is its ability to continue its healing during combat. Its just too expensive and i can hardly justify using it, i rather use said munition on mines and upgrades. There might be the very rare case where it can help hold a point slightly longer. Compared to the Soviet trip mine which at least has some uses like recon or as a cheap mine (the trip mine could use some love as well). A buffed heal would help the 4 man squads last a little longer.

One way they could buff it is to change it to a self activated heal on a squad, a bit like in Coh1. You activate the ability and the squad does a brief bandage animation then the heal start healing the squad. If the squad enters combat the healing will stop like other heals. It shouldnt heal too quickly or be too cheap to keep it balanced. If you got a better idea feel free to share.

Comments

2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,431
    Making it free but a long cooldown coukd be one way to do it, or keeping it the same but able to be used on self.. It really pales in comparison to the brit healing
    2 years ago
    lordpeter3lordpeter3 Posts: 318

if you compare it to the british ability that comes at vet0 then indeed its quite rubbish. I would like to see it become cheaper or even free!

2 years ago
    KithKith Posts: 144

@lordpeter3 said:
    if you compare it to the british ability that comes at vet0 then indeed its quite rubbish. I would like to see it become cheaper or even free!

Well, the British medkits are upgrades paid for by munitions.

Which, y'know, doesn't excuse the Wher Medkits from being awful, but it's something to consider.

2 years ago
    VutherVuther Posts: 2,129
    edited May 2016

@Firesparks said:
    the ability just need to be cheaper(15 mu) and heal 80 hp.

I can agree, I don't think the concept is unusable (just like flare mines), it's just numerically terrible (unlike flare mines) and redundant with three infantry providing it (like flare mines).

2 years ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951

@Firesparks said:

+1, best fix by far for Grens and PGrens.
    For storms though, replacing it with passive healing out of combat would be a better option

2 years ago
    WunderKatzeWunderKat… Posts: 701

I heard a suggestion for a regular 'Model 24' grenade to replace the healing ability.

I thought it was a really cool ability considering how much the grens struggle against other infantry at short range due to how unwieldy the rifle nade is at short distances (with the god forsaken wind up time that can be interrupted and forced into a loop).

Just an idea.

2 years ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 950
    edited May 2016
    They could change the med kit of Osttruppen with the "Merge"-ability, would be a cool thing to improve them. Can only be used on weapon-teams.

Maybe giving the "Artillerie Kommandanten" a group healing ability, a medical supply air-drop or the option to build a medical-box as Sturmpioniere.
    2 years ago
    MarksnusMarksnus Posts: 10

I think the best we can hope for is a buffed or "fixed" heal. I dont think Relic will bother to add new stuff like that. If they did what Firesparks suggested id be more then happy.

2 years ago
    ImperialDaneImperialD… Posts: 2,786 mod

@Firesparks said:

Sounds like a good suggestion.

2 years ago
    moremegamoremega REDWOOD CITY CA USAPosts: 229
    edited June 2016

I think its too much micro to have manually apply from one squad to the other. In combat situations its much more useful to have automatic healing.

2 years ago
    WunderKatzeWunderKat… Posts: 701

To be honest I think it should just be like the British one but with a 30MU price.