The Warspoils Open Beta is now drawing to a close, and we wanted to thank each and every one of the 4500 players who signed up for it. Your feedback helped guide adjustments to the system that should make it even more enjoyable. Here is a quick summary of what we learned through surveys and forums, and what the final system is shaping out to be:
When given a choice, 83% of you told us that the new system is ready to be shipped as is. That’s enough approval for us to move forward bring the system live.
Our primary goal was to provide utility for duplicates. Survey results showed that players liked:
* The introduction of the Supply currency and the fact it can be spent on any item in the store.
* That duplicates will become supply and those players with lots of duplicates will have a Supply balance to spend at system launch
* A known schedule for getting drops via the loot bar.
* Item drops being more useful in general because they are only given for armies you own.
We made specific changes in the open beta as a result of your feedback:
* Being in control was also the reason why some of you were against the automatic pre-existing duplicate conversion we planned to introduce with the Warspoils update (nicknamed ‘the Purge’). As a result, we have added a prompt, that will let you either auto convert all your duplicate items for supply when the system rolls out, or do it later as you see fit.
* We tuned our validation systems so that they don’t get in the way.
* We added supply drops so that new players get more access to the Supply economy.
The removal of bulletin stacking remains the most contentious issue about the new system, with only 63% of you approving of this specific design change without reservation. As a result, we looked into stacking more closely and discovered that less than 4% of matches in the live game actually feature stacked bulletins. Since data seems to show that removing bulletin stacking will actually not be disrupting to player habits / tactics on a wide scale; and as it aligns with the vision of the game we would like to move forward Nevertheless, we do understand the arguments of players who support keeping stacking in, especially since they collected these items and value them. We hope players with duplicate bulletins will use their supply balance to access a wider portfolio of bulletins, rather than rely on stacking to give them a gameplay advantage. Therefore, the team will continue to monitor the use of bulletins and player feedback regarding this issue.
With all that in mind, we would like to announce that the new Warspoils system should make its way to the live game around the first half-of June! Stay tuned for more updates – and thanks again to everybody who contributed.
See you on the battlefield.