The lack of player punishment and reporting

3 years ago

I am not sure why Relic has always decided to turn a blind eye to this little nugget in their games. There is no punishment for people who afk, leave or otherwise troll their own team. The answer is just if you get a bad player, you should just leave.

Why the hell don't you guys put in a report button? How about even a punishment for people who afk during a match or they leave abruptly? What about the team killers who in a fit decide to attack your HQ?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62175360/Trolling Player.rec

Video of a guy doing just that, ruining a match with his toxic behavior. Instead of just fighting it out and playing the game. People take to shit talking everyone they deem worse than they. That is to be expected in an online environment, people act like children, they are toxic and take it out on their fellows. What is pretty stupid is having a lack of reporting or any form of punishment for this crap.

I know I won't be buying Dawn of War 3 if you guys just have the same online environment. No punishment for any bad behavior that ruins the gaming experience for others. Why not have a system like other developers, Dark Souls 2 and 3 throws you in a pool of players if your a cheater. Killer Instinct will take you out of the online community if you're a rage quitter and you will only get to play with other rage quitters. This isnt extreme, they are smart ideas to curb people acting like total asses.

But as of yet Relic has rarely if ever shown much care for how their community behaves in online matches.

Comments

3 years ago

Now that 'Supply' is being added to the game, perhaps people could be punished by having an existing amount, or future amount of Supply removed, as a punishment for toxic behaviour.

I think it would help to be able to block people (including team mates) from talking ingame, with a message appearing to the person who has been blocked - telling them who has blocked them. So that they know their abusive messages are a waste of time. Which would hopefully lead to them just leaving the match.

3 years ago
    UridineUridine Posts: 13

I opened the same thread voicing my concerns like this. Legitimate concerns about tools to try and curb toxic players. The moderate for Company of Heroes 2's steam forum locked it down. Just with a email address of where to report a toxic player.

That was not the purpose of that thread. It was to try and yet again inform the dev that they have a very basic tool lacking from the game. In a previous post I made a year or so ago involving toxic players I also brought up the lack of a mute button. This has been talked about time and time again. Relic does not listen, at all.

3 years ago
    captainjordycaptainjo… Posts: 498

Definitely need a report button and an escalating ban upon every time you leave a game. That said Relic would have to work their asses off to fix the incredible amounts of Bugsplats and crashes people have been getting since the game wouldn't know who left, or who just got a bugsplat, etc.

3 years ago

I really wish the game had a chat ban option, sometimes team mates are even worse than the actual enemy. At least if a player gets a message telling them their team mates have banned their chat they may just leave the match.

3 years ago
    BeardedragonBeardedra… Posts: 1,495

aye. report a player for harassment or destroying ones own base should definitly be easier.

3 years ago
    ArdanotusArdanotus Posts: 21

you guys know relic has given up on this game right?? with doa3 on the horizon coh 2 is done is over..if they wanted to fix this issue a simple solutions like blocking chat would do miracles and spare ppl many frustration since the start...

3 years ago
    LeoLeo Posts: 74

@Kyle_RE

I want to report a team killer and abuser. I have already send a replay to [email protected] but haven't heard anything from them. Please take such things seriously. Tell me what should I do now?

I have screenshots and replay too.

3 years ago

fix for droppers/afk is simple:
    1. Drop afk players
    2. First player to drop receives big punishment to his rank.

This will hopefully match droppers with other droppers so they can all drop together.

3 years ago
    QuesocitoQuesocito Posts: 128

@Interceptor said:
    fix for droppers/afk is simple:
    1. Drop afk players
    2. First player to drop receives big punishment to his rank.

This will hopefully match droppers with other droppers so they can all drop together.

to punish droppers is stupid, what about the people who's internet drops? really? next what about the players who troll other players and now im a good guy and i want to leave coz i dont want to play with a troll, but he refuses to surrender coz he wants to punish me? he builds fences across my base etc?? think.. u have a brain.

next i totally agree on being able to report other players, although trolls will also abuse this system, and going by human nature i think trolls will abuse this system more than decent people will use it..