[US] when is it usefull to build a Pershing?

#1
3 years ago

a sherman/jackson combi is in my oppinion always better than a Pershing... so when should you go for A Pershing and how to use it cost effectively?

Comments

  • #2
    3 years ago
    EsxileEsxile Posts: 15
    edited June 2016

    Cost effectively you aim to skip T3 (major), build your Pershing and then build T3.
    On the mean time you can either go T1 + T2 or Intensive T2 with a double Stuart. On both cases, you'll have the fuel for all your upgrades, tiers cost or dual stuart and enough fuel for the pershing when it unlocks (according to the fact you kept control on your fuel/side of the map).

    You'll need an atgun in support to make sure no tiger or panther will spearhead you frontally. The pershing vet0 isn't really good vs those big cats.

    Then using your Pershing: try to focus infantry first, The pershing deal a shitload of damage to infantry, you can easily two shots whatever infantry squad you are facing. While you're focusing the infantry, keep the atgun firing at tank targets from behind if any. Why Infantry first, because possible infantry wipes + huge manpower bleed and field present reduced.
    Your objective is to vet your pershing since it get insane reload time vet3 and then engage possible tank targets.
    Do not try to spearhead enemy line with it, it is not made for that, use it as a long range sniper and flanking unit.
    When your major is up and you have fuel, it depend on what you are facing, a sherman if you need more AI or a jackson to take down panthers/tiger.

    Now whenever you have a good opportunity to take down a tank, take it but do not blindly chase like you had a panther. It doesn't really works for the pershing.

  • #3
    3 years ago
    WunderKatzeWunderKat… Posts: 730

    The Pershing is a useful unit. I find it more useful in 2v2 then in any of the bigger team games. It's never a bad to have a Pershing; however, based on the enemies army comp it might require a loooot of micro to get much use out of it.

    Generally you never want to buy it thinking you'll use it as a counter to a tiger or a king tiger. You'll be disappointed if you do.

    If/when you bring out the Pershing vetting is your number one priority. The Pershing is a very pitiful heavy tank until it vets. The most notable power spikes are at second and third vet.

    from vet 0-2 use it as a sniper/kill over extending tanks. Focus on infantry kills and HVAP snipes to vet it.

    At second vet is when it becomes a good flanking unit. It is very very mobile at vet two. Be ready to call in the off map smoke barrage when you flank with it, you'll likely need it.

    Third vet is when the Pershing really shines. It's ultra high RoF makes it suit for just about anything.

  • #4
    3 years ago

    The worst thing you can do is try to rush the Pershing out. You should be getting a Sherman or Jackson before your heavy tank comes out, and by the time you have enough CP to bring it out you should have the fuel for it. Playstyle you should be very cautious with this tank, do not make the mistake of thinking it is a Tiger or KT, and never try to just trade shots with a KT. If your opponent only has medium armor out you can afford to be more aggressive, but never spearpoint with your Pershing, just like you would never spearpoint with a Tiger. Always keep sweepers around to know where mines are, and never drive somewhere if you don't know about mines (within reason). Other than that, try to make long range shots against armor that you see for easy experience to get your heavy to high veterancy. Unlike most things in the USF arsenal, this is one tool you cannot afford to throw away, and that is the biggest thing you need to keep in mind when deploying the Pershing "I cannot afford to lose this".

  • #5
    3 years ago
    lordpeter3lordpeter3 Posts: 321

    @Esxile said:
    Cost effectively you aim to skip T3 (major), build your Pershing and then build T3.
    On the mean time you can either go T1 + T2 or Intensive T2 with a double Stuart. On both cases, you'll have the fuel for all your upgrades, tiers cost or dual stuart and enough fuel for the pershing when it unlocks (according to the fact you kept control on your fuel/side of the map).

    You'll need an atgun in support to make sure no tiger or panther will spearhead you frontally. The pershing vet0 isn't really good vs those big cats.

    Then using your Pershing: try to focus infantry first, The pershing deal a shitload of damage to infantry, you can easily two shots whatever infantry squad you are facing. While you're focusing the infantry, keep the atgun firing at tank targets from behind if any. Why Infantry first, because possible infantry wipes + huge manpower bleed and field present reduced.
    Your objective is to vet your pershing since it get insane reload time vet3 and then engage possible tank targets.
    Do not try to spearhead enemy line with it, it is not made for that, use it as a long range sniper and flanking unit.
    When your major is up and you have fuel, it depend on what you are facing, a sherman if you need more AI or a jackson to take down panthers/tiger.

    Now whenever you have a good opportunity to take down a tank, take it but do not blindly chase like you had a panther. It doesn't really works for the pershing.

    @WunderKatze said:
    The Pershing is a useful unit. I find it more useful in 2v2 then in any of the bigger team games. It's never a bad to have a Pershing; however, based on the enemies army comp it might require a loooot of micro to get much use out of it.

    Generally you never want to buy it thinking you'll use it as a counter to a tiger or a king tiger. You'll be disappointed if you do.

    If/when you bring out the Pershing vetting is your number one priority. The Pershing is a very pitiful heavy tank until it vets. The most notable power spikes are at second and third vet.

    from vet 0-2 use it as a sniper/kill over extending tanks. Focus on infantry kills and HVAP snipes to vet it.

    At second vet is when it becomes a good flanking unit. It is very very mobile at vet two. Be ready to call in the off map smoke barrage when you flank with it, you'll likely need it.

    Third vet is when the Pershing really shines. It's ultra high RoF makes it suit for just about anything.

    @MachoManRandySavage said:
    The worst thing you can do is try to rush the Pershing out. You should be getting a Sherman or Jackson before your heavy tank comes out, and by the time you have enough CP to bring it out you should have the fuel for it. Playstyle you should be very cautious with this tank, do not make the mistake of thinking it is a Tiger or KT, and never try to just trade shots with a KT. If your opponent only has medium armor out you can afford to be more aggressive, but never spearpoint with your Pershing, just like you would never spearpoint with a Tiger. Always keep sweepers around to know where mines are, and never drive somewhere if you don't know about mines (within reason). Other than that, try to make long range shots against armor that you see for easy experience to get your heavy to high veterancy. Unlike most things in the USF arsenal, this is one tool you cannot afford to throw away, and that is the biggest thing you need to keep in mind when deploying the Pershing "I cannot afford to lose this".

    Great tips, thanks guys!
    I always wondered how teh pershing fitts in now I do and go and check out your suggesstions.
    I will report later on my findings.
    Thanks again for the great comments!!!

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

  • © SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Relic Entertainment, the Relic Entertainment logo, Company of Heroes and the Company of Heroes logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.