[okw][all] add caches or supply drop... to okw

3 years ago
iA3 - HHiA3 - HH IRANPosts: 284
edited June 2016 in Balance Feedback

play with okw is impossible without wehrmacht, expensive tech, buildings and tanks, no defensive structure, taking tank is very hard, i know okw tech and tanks cost is almost same with other factions, but other fuctions have caches, so i think relic should remove salvage and add caches, opel blitz or supply drop to okw or reduce tank fuel cost

Tagged:

Comments

3 years ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 950
    I was experimenting with a 200mp Opel Blitz, like a commander of OKO has, that gives a little resource buff for the fraction. It worked fine.

+4 resources without outpost. (2 for the team)
    +2 resources with outpost. (1 for the team)

So OKW can push on its own, but can also push OKO if they build a outpost. Not much, but a little bit.
    3 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,855

The OKW doesn't need another source of extra resources.

3 years ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,268

@MCMartel said:

Extra? Being able to salvage doesn't really qualify as extra since they can't build caches, and conversion doesn't either since its literally not "extra". It's called exchange, you get less of one for more of the other.

I would be ok with having it back to some degree, but switching to fuel would seem to be too obvious choice if shrecks leave vgrens.

3 years ago

It is extra, as in, extra on top of what you get from points. Other factions get extra fuel/muni from caches, OKW gets it from salvage, that's asymetric balance.

3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,806
    Sure okw not getting caches is asymmetric balance but cons not being grens is a travesty...
    3 years ago

@MCMartel said:
    It is extra, as in, extra on top of what you get from points.

And in subtraction from....

@MCMartel said:
    Other factions get extra fuel/muni from caches, OKW gets it from salvage, that's asymetric balance.

Caches and salvage are not equivalent. Caches are immeasurably more reliable and helpful.

3 years ago
    edited June 2016

@MCMartel said:

another ???

3 years ago
    • wehrmacht and soviet have caches + supply drop, so I think at least okw should have fuel/muni exchange
    3 years ago
    kingdun3284kingdun32… Posts: 1,090
    No, too op
    3 years ago
    lordpeter3lordpeter3 Posts: 321

@MCMartel said:
    It is extra, as in, extra on top of what you get from points. Other factions get extra fuel/muni from caches, OKW gets it from salvage, that's asymetric balance.

well as long as your opponent plays well and you do then there is nothing to salvage... Its a great ability sure, but its not equal to cashes.

3 years ago
    ElSlayerElSlayer Posts: 230
    edited June 2016

@iA3 - HH said:
    play with okw is impossible without wehrmacht,
    expensive tech, buildings and tanks,

OKW have cheapest tech, still have free stuff with buildings
    and is designed to have low amount of highly effective armor, especially in terms of survivability (from medium and up)

@iA3 - HH said:
    no defensive structure

Free flak canon on T4, sandbags, cheap anti-everything schu mines
    With certain doctrine bunkers

@iA3 - HH said:
    i know okw tech and tanks cost is almost same with other factions,

So they have "expensive tech" and in the same time "almost same as other factions"

@iA3 - HH said:
    but other fuctions have caches,

Salvage

3 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,018

Brits have the cheapest tech, actually. Those doctrinal bunkers can only be upgraded to MG bunkers AND they cost population as well. They're just flat out garbage. 30 muni isn't cheap for a mine. It's the baseline price - the average, given that 3/5 factions operate on the 30 muni mine and the flak cannon isn't nearly as good at locking down sectors as people seem to think. Buy literally a single mortar and watch as you put the entire faction on the back foot defending their tech structure...

Yeah. I'd say bring back the conversion - except make it MP -> Resource. I know OKW doesn't usually hurt for MP anyway, but as long as you make the conversion rate steep enough it'll discourage people just setting and forgetting. Also put it in the HQ. It's dumb to have to go for one tech structure for resources.

3 years ago

Yeah, no, the OKW doesn't need more extra resources, it get's plenty to comepnsate for it's lack of caches. Letting them convert MP will be a set and forget thing just like muni-to-fuel used to be.

3 years ago

@ElSlayer said:

@iA3 - HH said:
    play with okw is impossible without wehrmacht,
    expensive tech, buildings and tanks,

OKW have cheapest tech, still have free stuff with buildings
    and is designed to have low amount of highly effective armor, especially in terms of survivability (from medium and up)

@iA3 - HH said:
    no defensive structure

Free flak canon on T4, sandbags, cheap anti-everything schu mines
    With certain doctrine bunkers

@iA3 - HH said:
    i know okw tech and tanks cost is almost same with other factions,

So they have "expensive tech" and in the same time "almost same as other factions"

@iA3 - HH said:
    but other fuctions have caches,

Salvage

OKW have cheapest tech ?!!! and have free stuff ?? which free stuff ?

Flak canon is useless, who build a flak with 120 fuel cost in frontline, sandbag is defensive structure ?! wow be careful, sandbags are very dangerous and powerful, axis bunkers versus british emp are nothing

when dont have caches, exchange... is expensive

tell me how much fuel you can get from salvage in a game ? and how much you can get from caches, supply drops ?

3 years ago

Flak cannon is very powerful, supply drops are doctrinal, so irrelevant, it entirely varies how much you can get with cache's but OKW has undeniably the best tech, with no need for the huge number of extra upgrades to buy that the allies need to buy to actually tech and they get huge bonuses from tech structures. As well as stock heavies and a huge number of tier 0 units.

3 years ago

with new changes adding exchange, caches or opel blitz or supply drop is necessary

3 years ago
    edited June 2016

Why is it "necessary"? it's not.

3 years ago

If you're getting a rate of 15 MP -> 1 Fuel you're not going to set and forget that. It's too much bleed.

3 years ago

@Lazarus said:
    If you're getting a rate of 15 MP -> 1 Fuel you're not going to set and forget that. It's too much bleed.

Yeah I support MP transfer. Should be in the hq like you said, but should require at least one tech structure if not two. We don't need luchs out any faster than they already are.

3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,806
    Kinda like old school industry... Only problem is that relic doesnt want resource exchange without any counter play. The ability to build a base (or not build one if its in the fortified HQ) and get what resources you need. I LIKE transfer, but it wont happen.
    3 years ago
    edited June 2016

if devs think a non-doc exchange or... is op you can add doc exchange or supply drop to Luftwaffe Ground Forces Doctrine instead of mg34

i just know exchange or... is necessary for okw (specially with new changes) and i am sure relic know that

3 years ago
    null
    Is there no counterplay though?

Surely making your enemy bleed horrendous amounts of MP would be some kind of counterplay.

The alternative could be putting the ability on a 3 min cooldown every time an OKW squad is wiped.

Also agree Sky. Pretty much goes without saying it'll be locked until the first truck is assembled. Don't know about making it locked behind 2 trucks though I understand why you'd say that.
    3 years ago

There is no counterplay, hence why they changed every single resource conversion. It's pretty ridiculous to then say "wha we need for the game is resource conversion"

3 years ago

@MCMartel said:
    There is no counterplay, hence why they changed every single resource conversion. It's pretty ridiculous to then say "wha we need for the game is resource conversion"

so you only disagree with exchange because its uncounterable, right ? ok its logical, i change title and first post

3 years ago

That's why I disagree with the exchange, yes, but I disagree with caches because the OKW already has scavenge and vet 5.

3 years ago

i think Opel blitz is best for okw, can be add to Battlegroup Headquarters

3 years ago

Again, no,they get vet 5 and super-teching, why should they get extra resouces too?

3 years ago

even with new changes play with okw without wehr is almost impossible

3 years ago
    Omid_HesamOmid_Hesam Islamic Republic of IRANPosts: 141

those Opel trucks are good Ideas for the oberkommando west they can acting like the supply caches for them

3 years ago

That's ridiculous ia3, the OKW performs great in 1v1.