[ALL Modes] [UKF] Advanced Emplacement Regiment Fix

124»

Comments

3 years ago
    Xutryn_X7Xutryn_X7 Posts: 204

@Beardedragon said:

@Xutryn_X7 said:

@MCMartel said:
    It's comically easy to take out mortar pits and bofors with even 2 leig's, I really can't imagine how people could not be able to do it.

Like they don't have 3-4 IS squads charging your Isg and volks

they dont because if they can afford 3-4 IS squads, they dont have manpower to rush vickers to bofos.

After they have bofors and mortar pit,in mid game they have

3 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,855

No, they really don't, UKF troops are really expensive, not even including the three seperate upgrades they need to be useful.

3 years ago
    BeardedragonBeardedra… Posts: 1,495
    edited June 2016

@Xutryn_X7 said:

@Beardedragon said:

@Xutryn_X7 said:

@MCMartel said:
    It's comically easy to take out mortar pits and bofors with even 2 leig's, I really can't imagine how people could not be able to do it.

Like they don't have 3-4 IS squads charging your Isg and volks

they dont because if they can afford 3-4 IS squads, they dont have manpower to rush vickers to bofos.

After they have bofors and mortar pit,in mid game they have

as MCMartel said.

i have literally never had several emplacements up and running, along side 4-5 IS squads running around by the time i reach middle game. you physically will not get enough manpower to field all this unless you reach maybe late game (all upgrades included) UNLESS you play your entire game without dying at all.

UKF picks one or the other, heavy infantry with little to no emplacements, or heavy emplacements with little to no soldiers.

unless you reach late game, you wont have both and even then, mind you the emplacements takes population cap. even the AT gun takes like 20 population.

3 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,041

@MCMartel said:
    No, they really don't, UKF troops are really expensive, not even including the three seperate upgrades they need to be useful.

Except for their Royal Engineers who are extremely cheap and cost effective, can easily become extremely effective at close or long range, and I.Sections who are just 280 MP.

3 years ago

"Just" 280, more expensive than any base infantry in the game except riflemen who are better, and require 3 fuel-intensive upgrades to work decently. And royal engineer which can barely fight.

3 years ago

1* fuel upgrade to work decently, nevermind the absurdly cheap teching allows for those upgrades. Royal engineers are better than pioneers at combat, and only get better with vet - nevermind if you get 2 armor to allow excellent resistance to small arms fire.

3 years ago

3, not one. UKF teching isn't absurdly cheap, and if you spend a huge amount amount of munitions you can make them very slow only after you've teched into a tank that doesn't work and abilities that are bugged.

3 years ago

1* to work well. You only need to pick 1. Because any single one of those upgrades will put them above and beyond Grens/PGrens and give them the opportunity to beat Volks w/STGs in certain situations. My favorite is the excellent grenade that's only 15 munitions.

As for royal engineers, you need to spend 190 munitions to give them 3 lmgs and 2 armor and they only move slowly during combat - or rather, while they're actively participating in combat. Retreat and map roaming speeds remain unaffected for survivability that is literally second to none if you opted for the 5 man squad. It also gives you the very excellent airburst shells which turn the 25 pdrs in to quite deadly weapons. Are you sure you're teching in to Anvil? Because Relic has made it so Anvil unlocks the Churchill - a tank that is decidedly good and works quite well at what it does especially at its new price. Dunno how you unlock a tank that doesn't work. But it's not with the Anvil button.

3 years ago

That's completely wrong. Grens with their MG's can decimate IS's and use their free grenades to hurt them even worth. STG volks shrek IS's, I don't know who you're playing against but clearly they have no infantry game. The churchill is garbage even at it's current price, that has no meaningful advantage over the cromwell, and serves only to pad out axis vetting. The 25pdr's are garbage because they can't hit anything. And finally, to buff royal engineers as much as you're talking about you have to spend a gob-smacking 195 munitions, that's a massive quantity! That's almost enough to call in a free commando squad with OKW! And with that you get a single late-game infantry squad that's really very slow and so can be maneuvered around ,while other anvil abilities are just bugged so they don't work.

3 years ago

@MCMartel said:
    That's completely wrong. Grens with their MG's can decimate IS's and use their free grenades to hurt them even worth. STG volks shrek IS's, I don't know who you're playing against but clearly they have no infantry game. The churchill is garbage even at it's current price, that has no meaningful advantage over the cromwell, and serves only to pad out axis vetting. The 25pdr's are garbage because they can't hit anything. And finally, to buff royal engineers as much as you're talking about you have to spend a gob-smacking 195 munitions, that's a massive quantity! That's almost enough to call in a free commando squad with OKW! And with that you get a single late-game infantry squad that's really very slow and so can be maneuvered around ,while other anvil abilities are just bugged so they don't work.

Yes. Infantry with a muni upgrade will only barely beat (not decimate) IS's with no muni upgrade. That's kind of the point of the muni upgrade. It would be very unattractive if it did... nothing. You can of course, complain about free grenades if you must - but make sure you remember how much cheaper and faster teching is for UKF. So having fuel to spare is hardly a task. I don't know what you're buying but it's not the Churchill. Maybe use it to support an infantry assault? 25pdrs are excellent with airburst shells. Try using them - perhaps aim at the enemy, in particular healing structures or garrisoned buildings. They make good targets. I didn't say turning Royal Engineers in to the best infantry unit in the game was cheap. If you're on a muni budget with UKF (you're not) You can opt instead for 130 muni for 2 LMGs 2 armor better repair speed. Also - speed penalty only applies while the REs are firing their weapons. They can maneuver plenty.

I feel like if you actually played UKF with Anvil this patch you might see where I'm coming from.

3 years ago

You really need to stop being so condescending, it's really rude.