Soviet Defensive Tactics

3 years ago

Sorry if this has been covered a thousand times already, but what has happened to the Soviet Defensive Tactics Commander?

I played a 2vs2 yesterday and my teammate was using it, however it's disappeared from my selection and is not available in the store.

Has this commander been removed from the game and if so, have other commanders gone too?

Comments

3 years ago

If you are on the forums you should have it. Not sure why it would be missing. This is the community Commander right?

3 years ago
    BeardedragonBeardedra… Posts: 1,495
    edited June 2016

@MachoManRandySavage said:
    If you are on the forums you should have it. Not sure why it would be missing. This is the community Commander right?

you can be on the forums and not have it as you can create a relic account without the use of CoH2. i only got the commander recently too and ive been on the forum for ages.

you dont buy it in the store, you need to (in game) push the Options button in lower left corner in the menu. from there there should be a pop up somewhere saying: have you forgotten to register? or something along those lines. then you just register and you get the commander.

it shouldnt do anything to your existing relic account

3 years ago

I got mine after signing up for the forums, was fairly confused as to how but it was what happened.

3 years ago
    hsk9146hsk9146 Posts: 153

is it even actually useful?

3 years ago
    ElSlayerElSlayer Posts: 230

@hsk9146 said:
    is it even actually useful?

DSHKa is good, especially comes handy when you go T1 opening.
    120mm mortar is kinda redundant if you use either snipers or 81mm mortar, but still has its uses.

With recent nerf to general purpose mines, those small anti-personnel mines became very attractive choice. Most cost effective mines in the game. If Relic fix supperssion on general purpose mines, units will stop moving to next mine, so you can't really wipe squads reliably with these.
    Anti-personnel mines will be the only way (aside from S-minefield) to wipe squads.

Anti-tank traps should have more health, built slightly more quickly and combined with anti-personnel mines into single ability.

M-42 is still foreveraloneface

3 years ago
    QuesocitoQuesocito Posts: 128

yeah i would since the buff to SOV this doctrine now has a purpose, previously it was incredibly hard to win with no doctrinal tanks. atleast now with the su 85 being usable u can take things like the defense tactics