Concerns about Axis in the upcoming patch

4 years ago
Schwere_PanzerSchwere_P… Berlin, GermanyPosts: 23
edited June 2016 in General Discussion

As the June update draws closer, I have seen a couple of review videos on YouTube providing comments on the upcoming changes. It seems pretty clear that the Allies are getting a considerable number of buffs while the Axis are getting little to none. For instance, giving such cheap universal carriers to the British without nerfing the bizarre durability of infantry sections is simply giving too much of an upper hand to the British player. Oh and also, now that I have mentioned it, why on earth are the British infantry so much more durable than the German ones? What entitles them to be much more survivable?

Moreover, I just think the Allies have a far more intuitive and rewarding tech upgrade system when compared to the Axis. Many do believe that Wehrmacht's Tier 4 upgrade is quite pointless and as far as I am concerned, there shouldn't be a single pointless upgrade in the game for any faction. Certain Axis units like the OKW FlaK Half-Track is nearly useless and the Allies generally have a far more effective unit roster. Why on earth is this the case? Let's compare the Luchs and the T-70. Luchs is good for attacking infantry and very lightly armored vehicles. T-70 has much better vehicle damage output due to higher penetration but does it lack when combating infantry? Not at all! Its insane fire rate can wipe out an entire Sturmpionier squad in less than 10 seconds!

Having come from CoH 1, I have always thought that the Axis received a lot of unfair nerfing and downgrading. As someone who loves the Company of Heroes franchise, I am just expressing my innermost concerns in this short post. I am welcome to anyone who can convince me otherwise that the game is heading towards the right direction in terms of balance and that there is nothing for me to worry about and just focus on improving my skills.

Thank you everybody and have a great day!

Comments

4 years ago
    le12role12ro Posts: 2,333 mod

Edited thread-title to better reflect balance related content of the post.

4 years ago
    ofieldofield Posts: 630

Except for the sniper nerf, which affects all factions, wehrmacht received only buffs iicr. Also some of the nerfs to allies (specially) mines for instance, are a huge indirect buff for wehrmacht. So. i think while okw player really have to adjust in the coming days, we will probably see more players playing wehrmacht again.

4 years ago
    BeardedragonBeardedra… Posts: 1,495
    edited June 2016

The T-70 might have more utlity but the Luch is far better at AI than the T-70 is. they dont come close to one another.

furthermore your Luch is far more safe than a T-70 is, given that both axis factions have access to shreks, mobile AT weapons.

on the allied side only really the USF faction have access to this, as PIATs wont hit a moving target and the soviets have none by stock and when they do its a PTRS rifle.

so again yea, the T-70 has more utility, but the Luch is far better at what its designed for, AI. the T-70 takes 6 shots to destroy even a HT. the time it takes a luch to take down this isnt as far as i recall a whole lot different.

and one doesnt really use T-70s against tanks unless one has some crazy strategy in mind or uses em for blocking

4 years ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951
    edited June 2016

To be fair, the reason there are more Allied buffs in general is because the Allies tend to have more useless units that finally got brought back up to speed (Penals, T34, etc.). That being said, I am a little annoyed the handful of UP Axis units like Ostwind, Assgrens and OKW flak emplacements didn't get buffed as well.

The tech changes to Ost and sandbags really help them out and they're overall in a better spot, though still need something to help fight things like Bar/smoke rifle blobs. OKW I'm not sure on yet, we'll need to wait for winrates to see where they stand.

4 years ago
    GenObiGenObi Posts: 1,368
    Would you mind we try out the patch at least for a few days before creating a unbalance thread?

Personally i think your being dishonest when at most you have mod preview time and "reviewers" as a point of refrence.
    4 years ago
    Schwere_PanzerSchwere_P… Berlin, GermanyPosts: 23

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will have to play with the latest updates for a time. I was just worried that Axis players would quit in frustration.

4 years ago
    y03y03 Posts: 1,075
    Im sure at least half the community(including axis and allied fanboys) would be at least reasonable enough to do some testing before raging at some feature.
    Also, brits durability can be easily countered by explosives(explosions don't really have accuracy now do they?)
    4 years ago

@Schwere_Panzer said:
    As the June update draws closer, I have seen a couple of review videos on YouTube providing comments on the upcoming changes. It seems pretty clear that the Allies are getting a considerable number of buffs while the Axis are getting little to none. For instance, giving such cheap universal carriers to the British without nerfing the bizarre durability of infantry sections is simply giving too much of an upper hand to the British player. Oh and also, now that I have mentioned it, why on earth are the British infantry so much more durable than the German ones? What entitles them to be much more survivable?

Moreover, I just think the Allies have a far more intuitive and rewarding tech upgrade system when compared to the Axis. Many do believe that Wehrmacht's Tier 4 upgrade is quite pointless and as far as I am concerned, there shouldn't be a single pointless upgrade in the game for any faction. Certain Axis units like the OKW FlaK Half-Track is nearly useless and the Allies generally have a far more effective unit roster. Why on earth is this the case? Let's compare the Luchs and the T-70. Luchs is good for attacking infantry and very lightly armored vehicles. T-70 has much better vehicle damage output due to higher penetration but does it lack when combating infantry? Not at all! Its insane fire rate can wipe out an entire Sturmpionier squad in less than 10 seconds!

Having come from CoH 1, I have always thought that the Axis received a lot of unfair nerfing and downgrading. As someone who loves the Company of Heroes franchise, I am just expressing my innermost concerns in this short post. I am welcome to anyone who can convince me otherwise that the game is heading towards the right direction in terms of balance and that there is nothing for me to worry about and just focus on improving my skills.

Thank you everybody and have a great day!

I quote you entirely. Your feeling proves to be true due to the last patch. Which, BTW, is the reason why I won't play COH2 anymore, unless they change something. Now playing 2v2 with a brit and an american is nearly impossibile.

4 years ago

i agree, it is destoying axis players ,

4 years ago
    le12role12ro Posts: 2,333 mod

I wouldn't use that as an indicator for impeding doom, this thing oscillates from Axis to Allies in no time.