[USF] [ALL][81mm mortar]

13567

Comments

  • #62
    2 years ago
    GenObiGenObi Posts: 1,368
    its not working as intended relic will be along to fix it eventually
  • #63
    2 years ago
    ImperialDaneImperialD… Posts: 2,963 mod

    @GenObi said:
    its not working as intended relic will be along to fix it eventually

    Actually they hotfixed it. So apparently this is working as intended.

  • #64
    2 years ago
    newshatterhandnewshatte… Posts: 278

    Yeah I still don't really get around it USF was already very strong in 1v1 pre patch. I never got the whole idea of them needing a mortar since they can already deal with mgs by just having enough riflemen to flank them and using pack howi, stuart or smoke later they can even more so.

    Now it just makes USF overpowered and pack howi redundant. I would rather see the mortar removed untill it is thought out how to balance the army as a whole and what role pack howi could then have. At the moment it causes more problems than that it really gives usf more diverse openings. I mean everyone now just still goes for riflemen with mortar support regardless of how many mgs the enemy has just because the mortar is such a good deal.

    Also captain is now made a really unattractive without zooks it is just an expensive squad with 1 cool ability but if you place your smokes right you don't really the "on me" ability anyways and you don't need his tech for the indirect fire anymore. M20 mines + zooks also provides decent enough AT till you can get a sherman/TD usually.

  • #65
    2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,719
    Quite strong indeed. I think something will definitely need a tweak... Beit rifles or the mortar. Personally I would rather rifles take a slight reduction in power (even if that is made up by bars) to help smooth their mountain of early game power.

    Also with the addition to the mortar I would like the nade package to drop the smoke (and its price) since smoke is readily available and then getting nades wont hurt tech quite as much. BUT give the glorified riflemen squad- I mean lieutenant-smoke for free to make him a special snowflake
  • #66
    2 years ago
    lordpeter3lordpeter3 Posts: 321

    USF is OP now, needs fixing :) Something along the lines of stuart/zooks/mortar

  • #67
    2 years ago
    A Flying WheelchairA Flying … Posts: 328

    I think the 60mm would be a better choice. Rifles and that beast at t0... Stronk.

  • #68
    2 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,852
    edited June 2016
    1. They needed a mortar because there was no viable strategy other than rifle spam, because all their support weapons were garbage.
    2. If it was reduces to a 60mm mortar that'd be ok with me (it's really just there for bunkers and MG's so that the only viable strategy it's overhwlem/smoke riflemen"
  • #69
    2 years ago
    hsk9146hsk9146 Posts: 153

    Guys even HelpingHans has trouble with those things it's clearly OP

  • #70
    2 years ago
    BeardedragonBeardedra… Posts: 1,495

    @hsk9146 said:
    Guys even HelpingHans has trouble with those things it's clearly OP

    who the F is helpingHans?

  • #71
    2 years ago
    hsk9146hsk9146 Posts: 153

    player> @Beardedragon said:

    @hsk9146 said:
    Guys even HelpingHans has trouble with those things it's clearly OP

    who the F is helpingHans?

    proplayer, one of the top of the leaderboards with all factions

  • #72
    2 years ago
    BeardedragonBeardedra… Posts: 1,495

    @hsk9146 said:
    player> @Beardedragon said:

    @hsk9146 said:
    Guys even HelpingHans has trouble with those things it's clearly OP

    who the F is helpingHans?

    proplayer, one of the top of the leaderboards with all factions

    i see. well if the choice was between a nerf to the mortar or a nerf to their mainline infantry which, in return, will change absolutely everything else around their faction, the obvious choice is the mortar.

  • #73
    2 years ago
    captainjordycaptainjo… Posts: 498

    What if the mortar was available at the Barracks after unlocking Lieutenant or Captain tech? Then reducing the cost of Liutenant to 35 fuel so you can get the mortar out faster and can use those units that normally come really late (yet still allowing the player to choose Captain first) and increasing the Major's cost to 135 fuel to make sure the overall tech cost stays the same. Then having the accuracy of the mortar's barrage increased to match other 80/81mm mortars then the mortar will still come out relatively early as well as other units in the USF tree so they'll have more early-mid game options. I think it'll fix the mortar problem and it'll allow units like the .50 cal and the armored car to shine since they normally come out pretty late.

    Pros:
    US mortar comes out later so it's not as overwhelming for Axis
    Mortar is better
    Lieutenant and his units will come out faster
    Major cost increased so they Shermans come out at normal time

    Cons:
    USF will still have the problem with having to do the same start every game again

  • #74
    2 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,852
    edited June 2016

    Literally the whole point of the mortar was that it made there be more than one strategy besides rifle spam, this would ruin that so as to make rifle spam the only strategy again, making the USF boring. Just slightly nerf the mortar if the USF win rate spikes.

  • #75
    2 years ago
    BeardedragonBeardedra… Posts: 1,495
    edited June 2016

    @captainjordy said:
    What if the mortar was available at the Barracks after unlocking Lieutenant or Captain tech? Then reducing the cost of Liutenant to 35 fuel so you can get the mortar out faster and can use those units that normally come really late (yet still allowing the player to choose Captain first) and increasing the Major's cost to 135 fuel to make sure the overall tech cost stays the same. Then having the accuracy of the mortar's barrage increased to match other 80/81mm mortars then the mortar will still come out relatively early as well as other units in the USF tree so they'll have more early-mid game options. I think it'll fix the mortar problem and it'll allow units like the .50 cal and the armored car to shine since they normally come out pretty late.

    Pros:
    US mortar comes out later so it's not as overwhelming for Axis
    Mortar is better
    Lieutenant and his units will come out faster
    Major cost increased so they Shermans come out at normal time

    Cons:
    USF will still have the problem with having to do the same start every game again

    why should it be okay for Wehr to overpower other factions with awesome mortars if the USF arent allowed to do the same? if you do this you change the entire pace.

    mind you, that if you do this, you will gain access to, for instance, the AAHH even earlier than before, and its not a bad unit. or in case you do this to the captain, lower his cost, you will face Howitzers earlier, and Stuats earlier. this will be a complete drag to deal with.

    just nerf the mortar if it causes issues and over performs. all these odd ideas people have with nerfing riflemen, or doing this is going to seriously fuck up or mess up at least the faction as whole.

    just do it the simple way, nerf the mortar so it performs what it should for a 260 unit.

    and yes, it should remain a tier 0 unit because riflemen spam is dull and boring. and not only that, but you will still get out like 2-3 riflemen before reaching even the designated 35 fuel to upgrade to lieutenant as you propose. meaning if my enemy has spammed Wehr MGs i STILL need to wait for several minutes before i can start countering them.

    no, just no. the USF faction finally got the mortar unit and it NEEDS to remain at tier 0. all thats left is to balance out the unit itself.

  • #76
    2 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,007

    Nerfing the mortar to a reasonable level is just going to return the game to 4x RM spam.

  • #77
    2 years ago
    captainjordycaptainjo… Posts: 498

    Then maybe make the mortar have a bad auto fire but amazing barrage then buff Pack Howitzer? Just giving suggestions since I've been seeing so many people lose their s*** over how strong it is.

    Personally I don't think it's op. It is really strong.

  • #78
    2 years ago
    1ncendiary_Rounds1ncendiar… Posts: 798
    edited June 2016

    I want to know what attributes of the mortar is being nerfed. Just saying, a range nerf is not enough cuz I heard that Relic is just nerfing the range. Relic delayed the patch so that we can have a high quality patch yet this mortar is BLATANTLY op yet Relic didn't spot it at all. SMH

  • #79
    2 years ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 950

    I like riflemen spam, better than mortat spam. Or?

  • #80
    2 years ago
    Xutryn_X7Xutryn_X7 Posts: 204

    USF mortar can spot enemy infantry...GG LELIC

  • #81
    2 years ago
    NenoNeno Posts: 15

    USA mortar OP! Range, reload, accuracy everything! It need fix a soon as possible. :(

  • #82
    2 years ago

    USF M1 mortar being able to follow and pound enemy units through the fog of war is the icing on the OP cake :wink:

  • #83
    2 years ago
    SilleSille Posts: 70
    edited June 2016

    loads of us mortar complains from what i know the germans got a similar unit called mortar aswell, and it can counter mortar=P I think they gave the us mortar has shorter range than the german ones.
    Riflemen are worse than german infantry in close range or long range depending on what you start whit=P so u got stg pioneers beats rear e, in more less evry way, and they beat the riflemen in close range. Volks or grenadiers win long range.
    Seems fair to me.

  • #85
    2 years ago
    SilleSille Posts: 70
    edited June 2016

    @thedarkarmadillo said:
    Last time I checked rifles> grens and the Wehr require a building to even GET grens OR their mortar... Of course people are calling imba, the match up was usf favoured before the mortar, now there is no need to delay teching for mortars to negate the mg42. People are super pleased that the monotony of Rifle spam is no longer the only option but are up in arms that thay has shifted the balance. Imagine if Wehr got a panzer 3 in t2, now being able to easily beat off the Stuart and aec would that not shift the balance? Adding units requires a reassessment of the faction. Mortar + rifles > ost faction

    Last time i checked wher got pioneers that can wreck riflemen in close combat, and the mg 42 spam was op against the us before.
    Pioneer can push back both the rifles or flank the mortar and then take rifles from behind.

  • #86
    2 years ago

    @Sille said:

    @thedarkarmadillo said:
    Last time I checked rifles> grens and the Wehr require a building to even GET grens OR their mortar... Of course people are calling imba, the match up was usf favoured before the mortar, now there is no need to delay teching for mortars to negate the mg42. People are super pleased that the monotony of Rifle spam is no longer the only option but are up in arms that thay has shifted the balance. Imagine if Wehr got a panzer 3 in t2, now being able to easily beat off the Stuart and aec would that not shift the balance? Adding units requires a reassessment of the faction. Mortar + rifles > ost faction

    Last time i checked wher got pioneers that can wreck riflemen in close combat, and the mg 42 spam was op against the us before.
    Pioneer can push back both the rifles or flank the mortar and then take rifles from behind.

    Are u high?

  • #87
    2 years ago
    SilleSille Posts: 70

    @Wehrwietse said:

    @Sille said:

    @thedarkarmadillo said:
    Last time I checked rifles> grens and the Wehr require a building to even GET grens OR their mortar... Of course people are calling imba, the match up was usf favoured before the mortar, now there is no need to delay teching for mortars to negate the mg42. People are super pleased that the monotony of Rifle spam is no longer the only option but are up in arms that thay has shifted the balance. Imagine if Wehr got a panzer 3 in t2, now being able to easily beat off the Stuart and aec would that not shift the balance? Adding units requires a reassessment of the faction. Mortar + rifles > ost faction

    Last time i checked wher got pioneers that can wreck riflemen in close combat, and the mg 42 spam was op against the us before.
    Pioneer can push back both the rifles or flank the mortar and then take rifles from behind.

    Are u high?

    So you are saying semi automtic rifles are better than assult rifles in close combat? Last time i checked the Pioneers killed my riflemen if they dident keep distance.

  • #88
    2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,719
    @Sille you are silly. You seem to be thinking of the OKW STURMPIONEERS which are VERY VERY VEEEEEEEEERY different from the OSTHEER PIONEERS the former costs much more and as such is mich better, the later is good for killing weapin crew and Soviet engineers. Im not even sure its possible for pios to beat rifles short of spawning ontop of them
  • #89
    2 years ago
    SoylentgreenSoylentgr… Posts: 11
    edited June 2016

    Engineers can only beat rear echelons at close range. Maybe you are confused with OKW's sturmpioneers. An engineer squad can't win from riflemen at any distance.
    They have their mp40's but their low health makes them having to retreat before they can do much damage to most allied infantry.

  • #90
    2 years ago
    SilleSille Posts: 70

    mp40 are submachine guns and wins in close combat 2. they are also 200 manpower.

    But you are right i was thinking about sturmpioneers 300 manpower.

  • #91
    2 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,007

    @Sille said:
    mp40 are submachine guns and wins in close combat 2. they are also 200 manpower.

    But you are right i was thinking about sturmpioneers 300 manpower.

    No they don't. Pioneers lose vs Riflemen even at close combat - and that's IF you come out of nowhere at 0 range. You have to close with Riflemen going from far range, to mid range, to close range. Pioneers will do no meaningful DPS until they get to about 5 range, whereas the Riflemen will slaughter Pioneers while they're closing. Countering riflemen with pioneers just does not happen. Even with a flamethrower that's a difficult prospect.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

  • © SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Relic Entertainment, the Relic Entertainment logo, Company of Heroes and the Company of Heroes logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.