[USF] [ALL][81mm mortar]

123457»

Comments

2 years ago
    BeardedragonBeardedra… Posts: 1,495

@plebcrusher said:
    I think the issue is with axis as well. The mortar needs a slight nerf but axis needs a buff. Even if the USF mortar is nerfed to oblivion, soviet still has a 63% winrate over axis in 1v1.

that has nothing to do with the axis mortar over the soviet one as many soviets dont even buy a ton of mortars, as they are not worth as much as the wehrmacht one.

Soviet mortar (not the 120 one) loses on all points, EXCEPT durbility against wehrmacht one.

2 years ago
    captainjordycaptainjo… Posts: 498

@ofield said:

@captainjordy schrieb:

The US's mortar isn't even that much more accurate than the OST's mortar and its barrage accuracy is like half of the OST's mortar. Once it gets bug fixed later it'll be fine. They already increased its cost to 260 MP.

Yes and no, it's way more accurate on auto fire(5 vs 8 scatter), but less accurate when using the barrage ability. (7 vs 8). In any case it has 20-25% faster RoF. Also i still see a problem with the pack howi (currently costs ridiculous 11 popcap), which is rendered obsolete by the mortar.

i think that the mortar is a much needed tool for the usf early game, but i don't like it in its current form.

That's why it's better to have a 60mm mortar tbh

2 years ago
    plebcrusherplebcrush… Posts: 5
    edited July 2016

@Beardedragon said:

@plebcrusher said:
    I think the issue is with axis as well. The mortar needs a slight nerf but axis needs a buff. Even if the USF mortar is nerfed to oblivion, soviet still has a 63% winrate over axis in 1v1.

that has nothing to do with the axis mortar over the soviet one as many soviets dont even buy a ton of mortars, as they are not worth as much as the wehrmacht one.

Soviet mortar (not the 120 one) loses on all points, EXCEPT durbility against wehrmacht one.

Why are you discussing the soviet and axis mortar? I am saying soviet as a whole has a higher winrate than axis, so the issue isn't just the usf mortar being strong/op. It's also axis being weak. The correct way to go about this is to buffing axis and adjusting the mortar afterwards if winrates don't change against usf.

In addition, UKF also has a 0.6 winrate over axis. ALL of allies is drastically favored over axis. We shouldn't be pointing fingers at just the usf mortar. Axis has such a low winrate because they are weak as a whole.

2 years ago
    FiresparksFiresparks Posts: 373
    edited July 2016

@WunderKatze said:

@Firesparks said:
    The US mortar vet 1 and vet 2 also enhance the scatter on the barrage. This means that the US barrage both fire faster and more accurately at vet1. By comparison, the wehr counter barrage is useless.

You've obviously never used the 81mm before. The barrage is never more accurate than any other mortar no matter what vet you have. It is very inaccurate. It does fire much much faster in barrage than any other mortar but unless you get up really close the barrage is pointless to use against weapon teams.

But as you say the barrage is not needed because the autofire is so accurate. The attack ground is the same way. IMO the attack ground on the USF mortar is better than the barrage on other mortars. That's how stupidly strong the USF mortar is.

my bad.

the vet 1 and vet 2 doesn't decrease the scatter on the barrage.

it just apply the 20% less scatter on the autofire 4 times. By vet 2 there's basically no scatter on the autofire.

2 years ago
    BobzenhoBobzenho Posts: 5

@Kyle_RE said:
    We have recently squashed some bugs with the USF mortar that will have an effect on it's current performance. We are currently in the process of testing these bug fixes to ensure stability and effectiveness of the changes. We anticipate launching these fixes sometime early next week and patch notes will be provided at that time.

News about the patch?

2 years ago

Everyone have a look at the 1v1 1-250 winrates on cohchart. Patch the mortar first and let's see how things play out before making changes.

2 years ago
    newshatterhandnewshatte… Posts: 278

Yeah so much for finding and removign the bugs with it, it also clearly needs a nerf regardless of bugs. Unless it is its rof/accuracy that is is bugged.

2 years ago
    NenoNeno Posts: 15

@Kyle_RE said:
    We have recently squashed some bugs with the USF mortar that will have an effect on it's current performance. We are currently in the process of testing these bug fixes to ensure stability and effectiveness of the changes. We anticipate launching these fixes sometime early next week and patch notes will be provided at that time.

Come on Kyle, where is that patch?! This USF mortar is killing the game! :(

2 years ago
    whatd0thlifewhatd0thl… Posts: 5
    edited July 2016

@Kyle_RE said:

This is a blatant lie. Please keep us informed instead of in the dark.

2 years ago

@newshatterhand said:
    Yeah so much for finding and removign the bugs with it, it also clearly needs a nerf regardless of bugs. Unless it is its rof/accuracy that is is bugged.

It's the accuracy that's bugged. Just chill tf out and wait they'll fix it. Relic is just slow when it comes to patches.

2 years ago

@captainjordy said:

@newshatterhand said:

It's the accuracy that's bugged. Just chill tf out and wait they'll fix it. Relic is just slow when it comes to patches.

It's been 34 days since the patch and the mortar is still bugged.

It's been 13 days since Kyle said a patch was coming.

2 years ago

@whatd0thlife said:

@captainjordy said:

@newshatterhand said:

It's been 34 days since the patch and the mortar is still bugged.

It's been 13 days since Kyle said a patch was coming.

Not like we can do anything about so don't look at me.

2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,717
    Don't forget that the forum was only going to be down for 2 weeks when the updated it
    If 2 weeks = 3 months
    Sometime next week probably wont be much before a month
    2 years ago
    Xutryn_X7Xutryn_X7 Posts: 204

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    Don't forget that the forum was only going to be down for 2 weeks when the updated it
    If 2 weeks = 3 months
    Sometime next week probably wont be much before a month

Yes,they said they will release a fix in a week.i stopped playing this nonsense balance patch that killed axis.I hope more players will do the same.The game was 90% balanced before british come out

2 years ago
    BobzenhoBobzenho Posts: 5

WE CAN PLAY AGAIN!!! OH GOD I'M SO HAPPY!!

2 years ago
    NenoNeno Posts: 15

@Bobzenho said:
    WE CAN PLAY AGAIN!!! OH GOD I'M SO HAPPY!!

Time will tell...............

2 years ago
    le12role12ro Posts: 2,282 mod

Closing this thread. Considering that this a rather lengthy thread and that the issue at hand has been fixed in the most recent patch, I highly recommend to start a new thread about the subject if this particular unit is troublesome again.

123457»
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• © SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Relic Entertainment, the Relic Entertainment logo, Company of Heroes and the Company of Heroes logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.