[Suggestions] Some changes in some Commanders.

3 years ago

Hello everyone.

I'm here to give some suggestions involving some commanders. Out a subject that excludes commander, but have involvement with suggestion and think it will not disturb.

Fortification Doctrine

Fortification Doctrine is a doctrine that specializes in defense. However, this doctrine has an ability, that's can use in the attack, and that is good, not being IeFH 18. But where are you going? I'm trying to express that doctrine help well on the defense, but I think that also helps well in attack, so this unbalanced. Not sure they used to attack (history), etc ... But ability Zeroing Artillery, my suggestion, which can only use in allied territory.

Other change that I wish in this doctrine, instead, Field Defenses, has new passive skill, that instead of being able to build wooden bunkers, may be able to build bunkers of concrete.
Concrete Bunkers will be more expensive. However more resistant. And so differentiating, even more OKW.

Stuka Bombing Strike

I think Stuka Bombing Strike ability, have to be changed. Put some fires (think) on the floor where skill was used. Increase munition costs, cause problems (disabling and leaving with little HP) in the weapons of Emplacements (in mortars, dies crew becomes abandoned).

Now off the subject commander. But involves suggestion:

Suggestion: Kubelwagen have a ability, for remove of the battlefield and gain some thing with this. But without if benefit, after of training one. But why? Because I think this unit is only good at Beginning, soon after I think it becomes useless. So when you takes the best, this moment, you can dispense it, and gain some resource with this.

Comments

3 years ago
    comrade_daelincomrade_d… Posts: 2,948

Zeroing Artillery needs sight range to do its magic, that's a fact regardless of the territory it is targeted in. This is it's main limitation. You also can't target HQ territory.
    Replacing regular bunkers with concrete bunkers takes much more work than Relic would want to commit. Yes there are concrete bunker models in the game, but they are huge. It also doesn't fit well with the name of the ability: Field Defenses. And given that OKW can train MG34s now, there's pretty much little additional benefit, especially if it takes longer and cost more, which also means more risk to your Volksgrenadiers doing the construction. If you want a passive ability, I say it just makes units gain better bonuses when in heavy cover, for example an upgrade for every squad similar to Ambush Camouflage.

3 years ago
    Sri_vakaSri_vaka India Posts: 45

@Napoqe said:
    Hello everyone.

I'm here to give some suggestions involving some commanders. Out a subject that excludes commander, but have involvement with suggestion and think it will not disturb.

Fortification Doctrine

Fortification Doctrine is a doctrine that specializes in defense. However, this doctrine has an ability, that's can use in the attack, and that is good, not being IeFH 18. But where are you going? I'm trying to express that doctrine help well on the defense, but I think that also helps well in attack, so this unbalanced. Not sure they used to attack (history), etc ... But ability Zeroing Artillery, my suggestion, which can only use in allied territory.

Other change that I wish in this doctrine, instead, Field Defenses, has new passive skill, that instead of being able to build wooden bunkers, may be able to build bunkers of concrete.
    Concrete Bunkers will be more expensive. However more resistant. And so differentiating, even more OKW.

Stuka Bombing Strike

I think Stuka Bombing Strike ability, have to be changed. Put some fires (think) on the floor where skill was used. Increase munition costs, cause problems (disabling and leaving with little HP) in the weapons of Emplacements (in mortars, dies crew becomes abandoned).

Now off the subject commander. But involves suggestion:

Suggestion: Kubelwagen have a ability, for remove of the battlefield and gain some thing with this. But without if benefit, after of training one. But why? Because I think this unit is only good at Beginning, soon after I think it becomes useless. So when you takes the best, this moment, you can dispense it, and gain some resource with this.

Just an Idea., It would be cool to give Kubelwagen ability to lay mines and detect mines after vet-2. This will make it useful after 10 min mark. Also make it cost 5 fuel and faster capping to harass mid game..

3 years ago
    NapoqeNapoqe Posts: 49
    edited July 2016

@comrade_daelin said:
    Zeroing Artillery needs sight range to do its magic, that's a fact regardless of the territory it is targeted in. This is it's main limitation. You also can't target HQ territory.
    Replacing regular bunkers with concrete bunkers takes much more work than Relic would want to commit. Yes there are concrete bunker models in the game, but they are huge. It also doesn't fit well with the name of the ability: Field Defenses. And given that OKW can train MG34s now, there's pretty much little additional benefit, especially if it takes longer and cost more, which also means more risk to your Volksgrenadiers doing the construction. If you want a passive ability, I say it just makes units gain better bonuses when in heavy cover, for example an upgrade for every squad similar to Ambush Camouflage.

I think wooden bunkers, long match, it becomes useless. Because I think that have little resistance, with the possibility of facing multiple tanks, and powerful artillery enemies, which has both I think good accuracy against bunkers. Concrete Bunker, it can build with same time, etc by be skill of commander (level 3 requires experience to acquire think), and who is inside that bunker still have more protection. Different of trenches, I think, wooden bunkers, dies all squad inside when it is destroyed, thus discouraging, HMG (not the bunker upgrade), etc if to enter to protect territories in long matches...

3 years ago
    comrade_daelincomrade_d… Posts: 2,948

Why should bunkers get better protection? They're not exactly meant to withstand multiple tank attacks as design decision. If you want to withstand tanks, you use units alongside Pak43.

You also get situations where you stick a Rak43 in there and you basically rip tanks apart. At least UKF emplacements' Brace disables weapons for a brief superbuff to durability.

If you're trying to use bunkers to replace units then you're playing the game wrong. They supplement your static defenses, not enhance or let alone replace others. They don't even cost popcap or incur upkeep costs.

Tanks and artillery are counters to static emplacements, you learn to deal with them, not buff a bunker so you can stick AT units inside and easily withstand sustained attacks. Even UKF emplacements aren't that powerful.