Getting texture maps to line up with models in Substance Painter 2

2 years ago
CyanaraCyanara Posts: 18
edited June 2016 in Skins

Edit: I re-read the Polycount forums section about the extracted meshes, and it sounds like the problem lies with limitations on how the models could be extracted (something about them being approximate). I'm guessing the only way it could be possible to make textures match the models is if Relic released them properly. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to use Photoshop more than I'd hoped.

Comments

2 years ago
    MajdMajd Posts: 41

You gotta do what you gotta do, no way around it currently I think.

I use a PSD applied to the mesh in 3DS Max to see the result. Not all textures apply correctly so sometimes I move the UV for 0.01 point to make it match, and some of the elements match differently on the 3d model than in-game, so you'll have to test them ( The Pershing has such a problem in the connection between the top plates over the treads and the side plates ).

It's tedious but there are ways to speed things up like checking the UVW of the model to see which parts of the model match the area on the texture.

2 years ago
    CyanaraCyanara Posts: 18

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've been doing. Sturmtiger is the worst I've come across so far. Those models do not like circular textures!

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• © SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Relic Entertainment, the Relic Entertainment logo, Company of Heroes and the Company of Heroes logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.