Nerf OKW Stuka

2 years ago

I guess Stuka is over performing for it's cost compared to Ketyusha .... correct me if I'm wrong... i think it needs little nerf. Unlike Ketyusha, it doesn't die for 1 shot from tanks since it's a half track. Also it's burst is more compared to rockets from ketyusha.

Comments

2 years ago
    NoitatohtoriNoitatoht… Posts: 182

What other anti-blob tools does OKW have?

2 years ago
    Sri_vakaSri_vaka India Posts: 45

That doesn't mean the only anti blob tool should be made OP. They have lot of artillery in many commanders and their heavy tanks are good at taking infantry down. Now that they do have MG34 and that flat projectile arty mortor kinda thing.. which is very good after vet3... they do have proper blob control.

2 years ago
    LeoLeo Posts: 74
    edited July 2016

Stuka has less AOE compare to Katy and Katy cost less than Stuka. If you are losing your mobile infantry to a stuka barrage then it is l2p and nothing more. Werfer is more like Katy and deals with infantry units. Stuka is better against static targets or against people who click and forget about their infantry. Stuka is different from Calliope, Katy, werfer and Land mattress. Stuka requires more points to vet up compare to other core artillery that I have mentioned above.

If you are complaining about Stuka taking two shots to get destroyed. For your information, Werfer, which is equal to Katy, gets destroyed in 1 shot while Calliope takes most shots to get destroyed. Every artillery cannot be equal.

Also why do you have this thread in commander balance section? Stuka is a core unit. I mean no disrespect to you but it would be great if you share your playercard so that we atleast know what we are dealing with. No one bullies anyone here on their playercard.

2 years ago

@Leo My bad for posting it here.. will move it somewhere else if possible...

And Stuka comes pretty early compared to Katy or werfer and is very good at taking down buildings. It deals decent damage to light and medium vehicles too. It's effectiveness comes into picture during 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 where blobbing is often seen. Although it can be dodged, but 1 wrong step can cause heavy manpower bleed due to many model losses. And it's not even a good idea to run t34 to Stuka's spot as it wont die for 1 shot unlike katy or werfer and T34 reload is 6 sec.

I'm not a very good player and started coh2 recently. But i have decent rank for 1v1 and 2v2 as Soviets and I play Soviets alone. Also I watch lot of streams and follow pro-plays... so I know game mechanics to some extent. Everyone knows that Coh2 is not a very well balanced game and needs some heavy patching.

2 years ago

@Leo said:

If you are complaining about Stuka taking two shots to get destroyed. For your information, Werfer, which is equal to Katy, gets destroyed in 1 shot while Calliope takes most shots to get destroyed. Every artillery cannot be equal.

Calliope is a call in unlike Stuka. I want to see Stuka to be moved to T4 and have same health as Werfer or Katy but double the number of rockets it fires.

2 years ago
    WunderKatzeWunderKat… Posts: 701
    edited August 2016

It's a scourge in team games. You have to punish them for building it with aggressive play. That's the only counter play it has. When they buy it theoretically they will have less tanks then you allowing you to attack them.

It's outrageous damage against tanks and ability to 'counter fire' other arty's with it's barrage make it a bit over the top. And despite what every one says it has as much warning as the other artys, a second or a couple of audio before hell.

It has the highest yield of any rocket arty easily.

The Calliope is overrated IMO. It's 1.6 acceleration (compared to 3.2 of the walking stuka) make it food for tanks and it's 140FU pricetag means that you won't have enough tanks to defend against an enemy attacks. It's barrage and range are really not different enough from the others to justify nearly twice the price (the main reason it's at 140FU is to stop players from delaying Major to get it).

What sets the Stuka apart is that it doesn't have much RNG on the impact meaning that it's yield doesn't vary much with range and it doesn't have the chance to leave gaps in it's barrage.

But I don't know if OKW could make do without it. To be honest OKW can be punished pretty hard for buying it. That's why I think it's fine in 2v2 and 1v1.

@Leo said:
    No one bullies anyone here on their playercard.

Let's see your player card first :) You really shouldn't ask for someone else's without giving your own.

I'm ranked 55th for gobal USF 4v4. I've been lower.

2 years ago
    The Big Red 1The Big R… Daly City, CA, USAPosts: 673
    edited July 2016

one thing i find annoying for that that thing is during the chaos of battlefield combat there is no reliable means to tell you where those big fat rockets are going to land...until it is too late

2 years ago
    JPaulezJPaulez Posts: 7

Reduce the AOE maybe?
    Buildings and weapon teams would still be punished heavily if not moved.

The problem with it is that it delivers all the damage with almost zero reaction time to the enemy, while all the other factions' rocket artys deliver damage spread over an area over period of time.

It also should not wipe out spread full health 5-men squads, that really is frustrating.

2 years ago
    TheDonOfGhazTheDonOfG… Posts: 27
    edited July 2016

The main issue with the Stukka is its utter lethality.

No matter what the target, if it lands on point it's either going to wipe it completely, or damage it severely.

It's a 1 shot kill on most support or infantry units.

The mere sound of the stukka barrage forces you to displace your units on the battlefield, giving up vital ground or exposing yourself to enemy fire.

Give it more range, maybe reduce its cost, but please god reduce it's damage.

2 years ago
    The Big Red 1The Big R… Daly City, CA, USAPosts: 673

@TheDonOfGhaz said:
    The main issue with the Stukka is its utter lethality.

No matter what the target, if it lands on point it's either going to wipe it completely, or damage it severely.

It's a 1 shot kill on most support or infantry units.

The mere sound of the stukka barrage forces you to displace your units on the battlefield, giving up vital ground or exposing yourself to enemy fire.

Give it more range, maybe reduce its cost, but please god reduce it's damage.

that and or give it warning flares

2 years ago
    Nashorn101Nashorn101 Posts: 15
    edited October 2016

If you play the OKW, you soon realize you have no decent artillery until you get the Stuka onto the field. And at that, its at T2 and costs 100 fuel. Which is pretty critical for the OKW seeing as that they start off with horrible fuel income.

Then, once you compare it to the Katy, the Stuka sucks. The Katy is arguably the best artillery unit in the game, and its way easier to replace. You lose a Stuka and there goes 100 fuel, which is very hard to replace.

As well, it doesn't have a large explosive spread - you have a line of 6 rockets that sometimes miss almost completely. Versus the Calliope or the Katy which has a continual barrage and a large area of effect. You can easily wipe / almost wipe several squads if you target an OKW player's T1 building (since all OKW infantry congregate around that area).

The Stuka is devastating when it hits its mark - but the Katy and Calliope are devastating almost every time when they shower 20 rockets onto my infantry.

1 year ago
    XlossXloss Posts: 235

USF don't have decent artillery until you get the commander. well where is the logic in that then?

1 year ago

The Stuka isn't OP, the Soviets have better Artillery and we get the Walking Stuka mid to late game.

1 year ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,716
    > @Xloss said:
    > USF don't have decent artillery until you get the commander. well where is the logic in that then?

Usf have the most indirect fire options non doc of any faction
    Most have 2 but usf has 4 if you include the major arty (which is pretty good now)
    1 year ago

XD. Nerf British and USA, mb nerf Caliop?Enough to mock the Germans!

1 year ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    > @Xloss said:
    > USF don't have decent artillery until you get the commander. well where is the logic in that then?

Usf have the most indirect fire options non doc of any faction
    Most have 2 but usf has 4 if you include the major arty (which is pretty good now)

If your talking about Pack Howi, its direct counterpart is the Mortars and Lieg if you dont know that.
    While Scott direct counterpart is Mortar HT that cost too much, and the ability are much better in axis mortar HT

1 year ago
    @xloss usf has the most STOCK options, they have a mortar, the pak howi, the scott and the major arty. Most factions have 1 or 2 usf has 4 choices WITHOUT a doctrine, with one they can have the calliope, priest, mortar HT and i&r pathfinders arty. They dont lack for ways to blow shit up
    1 year ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    @xloss usf has the most STOCK options, they have a mortar, the pak howi, the scott and the major arty. Most factions have 1 or 2 usf has 4 choices WITHOUT a doctrine, with one they can have the calliope, priest, mortar HT and i&r pathfinders arty. They dont lack for ways to blow shit up

Walking stuka dont cost muni. you got commander abilities also that i dont need to mention.
    Lieg > pack howi> motar

don't compare commander abilities coz you got one too.
    don't compare weapons team to a rocket barrage vehicle
    don't compare Elite unit that use muni to barrage coz its different and you got one too

the main problem with stuka is it is a NON-DOC unit
    You can rush it by going mech the build and spam with in 10mins
    specially in team games

i will gladly trade walking stuka for the scott.
    stuka wipe ARMIES below 3 seconds
    while support guns / mortars will take the entire game to wipe something off the map.

If you don't simply understand that. You got a problem up in there.

Summary of Walking stuka
    Non Doc
    Cheap
    not CP locked
    Early Tech (which means go rush mech and spam)

other equivalent which are all lock in Late tier and CP
    even with a Fuel float of 500 you cannot get this in a rush and squad wipe 4 squad a time

Katy
    Panzerwefer
    Calli
    LandMatress

1 year ago

The Main problem with walking stuka is the insane ACCURACY and LETHALITY.
    From Tanks, Emplacement, structure up to support weapon and infantry it will be wipe out i Seconds.
    There is no such chance it will miss in its line of fire. 100% kill zone.

Other Rocket barrage Vehicle don't do that on Heavy tanks even medium Tanks.

1 year ago
    TIL 100 fuel is cheap. Ill try countering with my (comparatively) free AEC, T70 or stuart (all of whom cost less and provide pressure)

Use your ears and eyes. When you hear the "whooshwhoosh whoosh) move juicy targets. If you are losing whole armies to a single linear strike you are too bloby and too static.
    1 year ago
    moremegamoremega REDWOOD CITY CA USAPosts: 229

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    TIL 100 fuel is cheap. Ill try countering with my (comparatively) free AEC, T70 or stuart (all of whom cost less and provide pressure)

Use your ears and eyes. When you hear the "whooshwhoosh whoosh) move juicy targets. If you are losing whole armies to a single linear strike you are too bloby and too static.

I think relic will probably nerf anyways b/c its to devastating to newbies.

1 year ago

LoL AEC. if it was that easy to counter using that. This would not be a problem. Mines Raketen, PUma would fk them up good. thats why when i use USF 99% of the time i don't loose calliope even if im the one losing to vp bleed coz i know those who will base dive will surely die, even with 3 panthers trying to flank a single calliope will all die. Then you talk about AEC and some crap vehicles?

9 months ago
    PanzerFutzPanzerFutz Melbourne, OzPosts: 329
    edited July 2018

Comparison Chart of WW2 Rockets

Land Mattress: 30 x 76mm (3.2 kg warhead)

Calliope: 36 x 114mm (2 kg warhead)

Katyusha: 24(?) x 132mm (4.9 kg warhead)

Panzerwerfer: 10 x 150mm (2.5 kg warhead)

Walking Stuka: 6 x 280mm (50 kg warhead!)

@Xloss Draw your own conclusions about which is best but, don't you dare question the lethality of a rocket with a warhead over ten times the size of its nearest competitor.