Dshk armor piercing compared to MG42 armor piercing.

3 years ago
Sri_vakaSri_vaka India Posts: 45
edited July 2016 in Balance Feedback

I think Dshk armor piercing is very little effective compared to MG42 armor piercing. Dshk armor piercing did practically nothing to the scout car when i used and it also has very long reload animation time and smaller arc compared to MG42. I suggest to change to something more viable ability and make it more effective.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comments

3 years ago
    KnighterKnighter Posts: 396

it needs to be dropped to 1cp and its ok

3 years ago
    BeardedragonBeardedra… Posts: 1,495

i have no idea how its armor piercing rounds do against vehicles, cant remember since its been too long since i used it.

but yes, it must be dropped to 1 CP, along side the 120 MM mortar.

3 years ago

@Beardedragon said:

120 MM mortar has incredible range... It would be nice if they increase the arc of fire for Dshk and still keep it 2 CP.

3 years ago

@Sri_vaka said:

@Beardedragon said:

120 MM mortar has incredible range... It would be nice if they increase the arc of fire for Dshk and still keep it 2 CP.

it has great range, sure, but it stands with the same problem as the DSHK, it comes out too late. by the time you get 2 CP you can often find your self in soviet tier 3.

when you really need this mortar and DSHK, you cant produce it. and when you finally can get it, it just doesnt have the same effect then. its the same with the british valentine light tank, sitting on 7 CP. you can get this by the time you buy medium tanks.

its way too late. it goes for the 120 mm mortar as well.

3 years ago

DSHK is actually very good by itself. High DPS, fast setup, insta-pin at vet 2. Also AP rounds can damage OKW buildings.

3 years ago

@Exterminatus said:
    DSHK is actually very good by itself. High DPS, fast setup, insta-pin at vet 2. Also AP rounds can damage OKW buildings.

in the same way wehr MG ap rounds can do the same to british buildings.

yes the dshk is good but it doesnt change the fact that it comes out way too late. you need your MGs the most in the early game, not when you reach mid.

3 years ago
    WunderKatzeWunderKat… Posts: 730

The MG42 AP increases damage and penetration while the DSHK one only increases penetration.

3 years ago
    hsk9146hsk9146 Posts: 153

T1 has no AT options till 2 cp and it literally can fuck the game if WM player goes 222 spam. I had a game where I had a pretty good caping phase until he got 3 222s in total. I went guards and the 222s ran around killing everything until I killed them, i don't even know how. Then I was so manpower bled that I couldn't tech up to even t3. and a p4 came out.

3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,821
    @hsk9146 you know you can side tech right? T2 costs less than a 222 so if he is pumping them out getting t2 will: give you at, and give you exp to your next cp. Unless you are stomping hard its often a good idea to build t2 anyways so you have a manpower fall back for AT if you lose your armour
    3 years ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    @hsk9146 you know you can side tech right? T2 costs less than a 222 so if he is pumping them out getting t2 will: give you at, and give you exp to your next cp. Unless you are stomping hard its often a good idea to build t2 anyways so you have a manpower fall back for AT if you lose your armour

yes but the problem is, that if the enemy buys 1x 222 its not something you back tech to tier 2 for if u went tier 1.

it starts becoming a problem when he gets 2 or 3x 222, and if you start building your tier 2 by then, and first THEN you can produce your AT gun? then its just very late. besides 1x AT gun wont deal with 3 222s, you need conscripts with AT bombs too. or at least mines.

3 years ago
    edited July 2016

@Beardedragon said:

besides 1x AT gun wont deal with 3 222s, you need conscripts with AT bombs too. or at least mines.

That's why I tend to mix penlas with cons when i go T1. Gaurds are good against light vehicles but drop weapons often and pretty Muni intensive. It's very tough to micro with penals + gaurds + cons. But then AT nad upgrade for soviets are too costly. If i skip AT upgrade, i can get quick T70 but a single T70 cannot deal with multiple 222 Scout car. I think Scout car is too durable now and needs some serious nerf in terms of it's armor.

Little off topic . Sturm pioneers can get AT upgrade, Volks have faust (Just need teching), Wher grens too have faust and panzer grens have shreck upgrade. Penals too need some sought of AT upgrade(at least the AT grenade just like cons) and remove flamethrower. The teching cost can justify giving AT nads to penals and lack of URRAH!! (at least till vet2) can help light vehicles to get away in the early engagements.

3 years ago
    hsk9146hsk9146 Posts: 153

Seems that the point of the soviet faction is that they are impaired in one way or the other...

3 years ago
    captainjordycaptainjo… Posts: 498

My thoughts: increase armor piercing to the same as the .50 cal which is 6 and then give its armor piercing rounds to vet 1 and make them increase armor piercing by 30% and increase damage by 25%.

Keep in mind that the DShK literally is a .50 cal and it shoots bigger bullets than the US's .50.

.50 cal BMG: 12.7x99mm rounds
    vs.
    DShK: 12.7x108mm rounds.

3 years ago
    captainjordycaptainjo… Posts: 498
    edited July 2016

@hsk9146 said:
    Seems that the point of the soviet faction is that they are impaired in one way or the other...

They're impared by having crap infantry skill which they make up for in numbers. No one said they're MGs should suck (which the maxim kinda already does after its nerfs).

Also look at T-34, cheap, so you can buy em in bulk, and crappy against other tanks.