OKW 1v1 - June update make it unplayable

2 years ago
DrSpikeDrSpike Posts: 2
edited July 2016 in Balance Feedback

Grenadiers - Panzerschreck kit removed
It makes impossible to counter any light tank and tanks spams... because enemy just go round your raketenwerfers and the panzerfaust do nothing to them.
If mine tanks than can counter the enemy ones cost 200 fuel, 490 manpower and 16 pop cap, you can't build so many of them.
my last game i was destroyed on end by m10 wolverine spam. I own 60% of map and has 5 grenadiers have some other units and one panther, my Pop cap was full. He just arrived with six of them destroyed my panther and kill almost whole my infantry, destroyd raketenwerfers without looses because he drive by around them. I called kingtiger he came again and stuck him with the m10 and just shoot him down.
Yes of course i can build sturmpioneers but they are less sturdy then enemy units, cost 300 manpower and 9 pop cap, that means you cant build 4.
Solutions is easy give again the grenadiers panzerschreck or make strumpioneers more sturdy and cheaper.

Tagged:

Comments

2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,716
    The entire point of the change was to make playin the okw was more than volks shrek to victory.
    Mines are your friend and the jp4 is an amazing TD, especially vs m10 spam. The rakk is nice because Its cheap but also camo allows it to spot and ambush. Im afraid this is a l2p issue and not a balance one
    2 years ago
    KoenigKoenig Posts: 70

@DrSpike said:
    Grenadiers - Panzerschreck kit removed
    It makes impossible to counter any light tank and tanks spams... because enemy just go round your raketenwerfers and the panzerfaust do nothing to them.
    If mine tanks than can counter the enemy ones cost 200 fuel, 490 manpower and 16 pop cap, you can't build so many of them.
    my last game i was destroyed on end by m10 wolverine spam. I own 60% of map and has 5 grenadiers have some other units and one panther, my Pop cap was full. He just arrived with six of them destroyed my panther and kill almost whole my infantry, destroyd raketenwerfers without looses because he drive by around them. I called kingtiger he came again and stuck him with the m10 and just shoot him down.
    Yes of course i can build sturmpioneers but they are less sturdy then enemy units, cost 300 manpower and 9 pop cap, that means you cant build 4.
    Solutions is easy give again the grenadiers panzerschreck or make strumpioneers more sturdy and cheaper.

6 M10's are quite an investment, both in terms of resources and time - while i think their infantry crushing abilities could do with a bit of adjustment, its really not impossible to counter once you know its coming. Getting a King Tiger to deal with a bunch of fast tank destroyers on its own - well generally playing a unit against its supposed hard counters is just not a good idea.

TD's of your own, mines and at-guns are the way to go.

2 years ago
    newshatterhandnewshatte… Posts: 278

Pzfaust the m10s so they cannot run circles around the rakketen and keep distance between the rakketten. And place mines near the raks, again to prevent them from running circles. There is no way m10s can circle around 2 rakketen with distance between them when their engine is down. Mines would also have saved the day since the engine damage they cause prevents m10 from crushing infantery and chasing your panther. Hence each mine hit would have made the following combat so much easier for you, especially with coh2 pathing slowing down the blob as a whole when 1 of the front m10s takes the mine.

6 of them would mean he would have hardly any army except the m10s. Also you don't need to go panther, could just go weapon teams since at this point he has hardly any AI that does not depend on crushing.

If you trade the panther for 3+ m10s the would still have been worth it even if your panther went down, especially when you can call in a KT later. If the KT had rak support there is no way m10s would have won without losing almost all, in which case you takedown his main army while still having 5x volks + sturms which would be pretty much gg.

2 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,852

This is ridiculous, use your buffed t0 ATG and panzerfausts, AND the shreks you still have on strumpios. Maybe try playing soviets who have no handheld AT, have to side-tech for snares, and don't get an ATG until tier 2. You clearly relied way to heavily on OP volksspam.

2 years ago
    RiCERiCE Posts: 1,588

OKW is at the bottom of the food chain now. Volks+schrecks needed to be changed, but i still think giving schrecks for SPios was a bad idea. I would rather make the volks schreck upgrade render a member of the squad non-combatant. Like a reloader or something... That would have decreased volks AI with 40% instead of the previous 20%.

I think the allied TD buffs were too painful for OKW. That Panther doesnt worth 200FU imo... right now i dont see any reason why should i use anything else but JP4 and SOMETIMES P4.

The worst of all is the infantry game. Allied infantry is so much better in many aspects. The double upgrades, the terminator veterancy, their handheld AT. OKW has nothing against maxim spam, Obers are still overpriced and fragile as hell, Penals got buffed for overkill, MP44s for volks are crossbuffing like G43, yet they are worse and more expensive. USFs received a T0 satellite mortar which not just broken, but total overkill again.

All the one-sided things and the german skeletons in the wardrobe nobody bothered to deal with now add up and the result can be seen on these charts: http://coh2chart.com/

I think, unless you like to feel pain, you should avoid axis in lower game modes (1v1 and 2v2).

2 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,852
    1. That's a laugh rice, Volks are only outclassed by riflemen and IS's which are far more expensive, volks are way better than conscripts and grenadiers, while barely costing any more.
    2. The TD buff made the firefly able to fire more than one shot a game, and actually let the soviets have a change late game. The only problem is the US.
    3. Penals are very expensive and finally give the USSR a single decent infantry with crappy conscripts and UP maxims.
    4. The only real problem with the OKW is that it lacks early-game anti-garrison play, otherwise it's fine. You just can't use OP volksblobs to counter everything and roll over the USSR cause they had no TD's
    2 years ago
    QuesocitoQuesocito Posts: 128

@MCMartel said:
    1. That's a laugh rice, Volks are only outclassed by riflemen and IS's which are far more expensive, volks are way better than conscripts and grenadiers, while barely costing any more.
    2. The TD buff made the firefly able to fire more than one shot a game, and actually let the soviets have a change late game. The only problem is the US.
    3. Penals are very expensive and finally give the USSR a single decent infantry with crappy conscripts and UP maxims.
    4. The only real problem with the OKW is that it lacks early-game anti-garrison play, otherwise it's fine. You just can't use OP volksblobs to counter everything and roll over the USSR cause they had no TD's

agreed. ive seen,and used OKW to achieve a lot more than what these guys are saying the OKW are so bad at.. i think they just need to adapt to the changes, and get over not having that volks blob crutch for everything..

anti garrison in the form of the lava nade is still decent, so are spios, if its a town then go feurstrom or watever its called, not saying they have the best anti garrison but better off than SOV, with their useless bottles that no one uses.

i think once the US morts are fixed it will solve a lot, also once these complaining guys have learnt to use the MG's and RAKs then they wont have as much of a reason to complain. they obviously dont use SOV thats why they are complaining.

and to add, if u go penals (which granted are strong) u have ZERO AT!! i dont think these guys get it..

2 years ago
    DrSpikeDrSpike Posts: 2

Sorry me, I forgot to say he has a infantry too, that cleaned the position.