Correct burn settings for normal output maps?

4 years ago
CyanaraCyanara Posts: 18
edited July 2016 in Skins

Hi,

So basically I've found that one or more units in my Ostheer skin pack is having the same 'excessively bright' issue as this thread: https://www.coh2.org/topic/37265/skin-mod-gloss-question

I need to burn the gloss/spec/normal files manually to fix it, but doing so with the default settings makes the lighting go absolutely crazy with shadows in all the wrong places.

images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/491274240799610513/76DED297B17D977028D184B6FD2855145CCA57F8
Top 3 vehicles only have diffuse burned. Bottom 3 vehicles from also trying to burn normal/gloss/spec maps as found in the PSD files.

Unfortunately, the link in that thread for the correct burn settings for the normal output file goes to a thread that was lost when these forums were replaced.

Has anyone here successfully burned normal output files, and if so, can you please share your burn settings?

Thanks

Comments

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• © SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Relic Entertainment, the Relic Entertainment logo, Company of Heroes and the Company of Heroes logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

DeutschEnglishEspañolFrançaisItalianoРусский