OKW aircraft.

1 year ago

There is an issue that keeps bugging me:

The way the Stuka aircraft was recycled for the OKW army.

Historically, Stukas were utilized primarily in the east, where they stood more of a chance of surviving once the Germans lost the skies in 1944. On the western front a stuka wouldn't really stand a snowflake's chance in hell, given it;s inherent weakness against fighter aircraft.

I propose (and pray to the old gods and the new) that Relic be ever so kind as to replace the plane model used for OKW(i will add another topic in the wishlist about a new OKW Luftwaffe commander as the current one, while being good, doesn;t have the airstrike me and other like minded individuals wished for).

The ideal match would be the Focke-Wulf 190 plane. Wikipedia source: The F-series models of the Focke-Wulf Fw 190 were specifically adapted for the fighter-bomber role. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:FW_190_F.jpg

We could also utilize the Me 262, which would fit in greatly with the OKW fashion of having the best late war weapons in the German arsenal(too big, too late would be the motto here). Aditional information:

Specifications (Messerschmitt Me 262 A-1a)[edit]
Orthographically projected diagram of the Messerschmitt Me 262.
Data from Quest for Performance[23] Original Messerschmitt documents[100]
General characteristics

Crew: 1
Length: 10.60 m (34 ft 9 in)
Wingspan: 12.60 m (41 ft 6 in)
Height: 3.50 m (11 ft 6 in)
Wing area: 21.7 m² (234 ft²)
Empty weight: 3,795 kg[101] (8,366 lb)
Loaded weight: 6,473 kg[101] (14,272 lb)
Max. takeoff weight: 7,130 kg[101] (15,720 lb)
Powerplant: 2 × Junkers Jumo 004 B-1 turbojets, 8.8 kN (1,980 lbf) each
Aspect ratio: 7.32
Performance

Maximum speed: 900 km/h (559 mph)
Range: 1,050 km (652 mi)
Service ceiling: 11,450 m (37,565 ft)
Rate of climb: 1,200 m/min (At max weight of 7,130 kg) (3,900 ft/min)
Thrust/weight: 0.28
Armament

Guns: 4 × 30 mm MK 108 cannon (A-2a: two cannon)
Rockets: 24 × 55 mm (2.2 in) R4M rockets
Bombs: 2 × 250 kg (550 lb) bombs or 2 × 500 kg (1,100 lb) bombs (A-2a variant)

Long post, I know, I hope this doesn't get ignored.

Herman Goring sends his regards!

Have a great day, everybody!

Comments

1 year ago
    captainjordycaptainjo… Posts: 498
    edited July 2016

Really hope they add more aircraft commander abilities or even reskins of aircraft because although the P47 or the Stuka or the Typhoons maybe iconic, but a lot of those planes had like 1 to 2 roles and were replaced by other things later in the war.

Planes like P51 Mustangs or even Focke-Wulfs or Me 262s. Relic just doesn't want to spend any effort just adding little miscellaneous things which is very sad.

1 year ago
    comrade_daelincomrade_d… Posts: 2,947
    edited July 2016

Hardly a priority to make new models for something you almost never see in an average match.

To be honest I'm surprised there are models of the some of the planes at all, though if only because those ones can be shot down and crash onto your stuff.

1 year ago
    TheWiseTheWise Posts: 54
    edited August 2016

Pretty much like with the Soviets. Though IL-2 is a pretty good choice (its in-game implementation is rather poor, however - as for the most of the Soviet stuff), was it the only plane to attack ground in the VVS (Voyenno-Vozdushniye Sily, Soviet Air Force)? What about Pe-2 (common-and-garden diving bomber) at least, let alone the Tu-2?

6 months ago
    TobbacosTobbacos Posts: 3

@captainjordy said:
    Really hope they add more aircraft commander abilities or even reskins of aircraft because although the P47 or the Stuka or the Typhoons maybe iconic, but a lot of those planes had like 1 to 2 roles and were replaced by other things later in the war.

Planes like P51 Mustangs or even Focke-Wulfs or Me 262s. Relic just doesn't want to spend any effort just adding little miscellaneous things which is very sad.

P51 Mustangs will be great to be add for close air support to fly and auto strike troops