War Paint Championship Series

4 years ago
Kyle_REKyle_RE Posts: 484 admin
edited August 2016 in Tournaments

Relic is proud to announce, the War Paint Championship Series! Funded by the War Paint Skins available in the in-game store, the War Paint Championship Series is a 1v1 tournament that invites up to 16 of the top competitors from the Go4CoH2 ESL series along side 16 wild cards that make it into the tournament through two qualifier rounds.

This is a tournament for the community by the community. Each sale of the War Paint skins between now and September 4th not only contribute to the tournament's prize pool but also unlock a variety of unique and exciting rewards for the purchasers of the skins as well including free skins, decals, faceplates, t-shirts, and even a paid trip for 2 to Relic Studios in Vancouver, Canada! For more details on all the rewards available for War Paint contributors, check out War Paint Milestone Tracker now!

Tournament Details

The War Paint Championship Series will run over a period of five (5) weeks. During this period, there will be two (2) Qualifier Rounds in which up to 64 competitors will be able to compete to qualify to participate in the tournament. The top 8 competitors from each Qualifier Round will move on to participate in the tournament which begins on August 28th, 2016. The other 16 competitors will be invited to participate in the War Paint Championship series based on their performance in the ESL Go4CoH2 Cups, making a total of up to 32 competitors for the tournament.

Full rules for the tournament can be found Here or on Battlefy for each round's tournament page.

All rounds of the tournament will be live streamed on Relic's Twitch Channel.

Tournament Schedule

• July 29th: Tournament announce + Registration Opens
  • August 14th: Qualifier Round 1
  • August 21st: Qualifier Round 2
  • August 28th: Opening Round
  • September 4th: Quarter & Semi Finals
  • September 11th: Grand Finals

Register Now to compete in the second Qualifier Round.

By participating in the War Paint Championship Tournament and any related promotions, you agree to adhere to Sega's Privacy Policy and be bound by the Terms and Conditions, details of which can be found here.

Comments

4 years ago
    wuffwuff Posts: 88

Awesome!

4 years ago
    pigsouppigsoup Posts: 92

:)

4 years ago
    FanaticFanatic Posts: 12
    edited July 2016

No need to upload the replays? So casting is limited to the chosen caster who will stream on Relics Twitch channel? I hope you will alter the rules regarding this matter, this would be kind. :)

4 years ago
    EsgibtkeinBierEsgibtkei… Posts: 2
    edited July 2016

So in order to be eligible for the contributor prizes you have to purchase a warpaint skin by or before the 4th of September.

Purchases before the announcement of the event do count right? Since I can already see the skins 33% off at the in-game store I presume that this is the case but I posted this anyway just to be sure :blush:

edit: After reading the post again, I realised that the 33% discount applies to everyone so my hypothesis above is invalid!

4 years ago

Very very very very very very cool thing.
    I love it <3

4 years ago
    0ld_Shatterhand0ld_Shatt… GERMANYPosts: 5

Cool thing. Its nice to see another tourney.
    Just one question, I bought all war paint skins on release, so obviously I cant buy them again. By looking on the Milestone Tracker i realized, that there are many giveaways for contributors. The question is how can I participate in those without purchasing the same skins again? Do you plan to publish new skins, or is there another way that I just overlooked?

4 years ago
    LuvnestLuvnest GermanyPosts: 310
    edited July 2016

Nice initiative. Even though I doubt there will be a lot of new sales since most of the guys who wanted these skins bought them already. Like 0ld_Shatterhand said there is no way for us to support this campaign after the announcement.

However, I hope we can reach the next milestones - a live finale in Vancouver would be epic.

4 years ago
    MajdMajd Posts: 41

At times like this I wish there was an option to gift in-store items to friends. That functionality is sorely missing, especially since there are many people who want the skins but can't buy them directly.

4 years ago

@nachocheese said:
    so, instead of using money from community content to improve the tools so better content can be made, its used for a tournament that only a tiny minority of people can play in?

thats just sad tbh

Unfortunately the revenue generated by the War Paint skins would never be enough to give the CoH2 tools the overhaul you are looking for. However, the revenue generated can be still used in other ways that give back the community, such as this.

4 years ago

@EsgibtkeinBier said:
    So in order to be eligible for the contributor prizes you have to purchase a warpaint skin by or before the 4th of September.

Purchases before the announcement of the event do count right? Since I can already see the skins 33% off at the in-game store I presume that this is the case but I posted this anyway just to be sure :blush:

edit: After reading the post again, I realised that the 33% discount applies to everyone so my hypothesis above is invalid!

Anyone who has purchased (for real currency, not Supply) any of the War Paint skins between the release of the skins to September 4th, 2016 is considered as a "contributor" to the War Paint Championship Series and thus eligible for the Milestone rewards.

4 years ago

@Majd said:
    At times like this I wish there was an option to gift in-store items to friends. That functionality is sorely missing, especially since there are many people who want the skins but can't buy them directly.

I whole heatedly agree. I pushed to have a feature like this added for this promotion but unfortunately it was not possible to do at the time. It is something we are looking into and considering for the future.

4 years ago
    Muad'DibMuad'Dib Posts: 76

Very glad to see this, I don't normally care for cosmetic stuff but I bought a pack to support the initiative.

4 years ago

This all sounds great and pretty much has something for everyone, fantastic!

a.jpg 123.6K
    4 years ago
    PAULADPAULAD Posts: 23
    edited August 2016

@Kyle_RE said:

@Majd said:

I whole heatedly agree. I pushed to have a feature like this added for this promotion but unfortunately it was not possible to do at the time. It is something we are looking into and considering for the future.

, the top 8 competitors from each qualifier round will move on to face the 16 pre-seeded contestants from the ESL series in the main tournament which begins on August 28th, 2016.

is me -HOI-PAULAD
    http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561198016393852/standings
    in the 16 pre-seeded contestants?

4 years ago
    SneakEyeSneakEye Posts: 76

When will the milestone rewards be released? After each milestone or all after September 4th?

4 years ago
    CyanaraCyanara Posts: 18

@Kyle_RE said:
    Unfortunately the revenue generated by the War Paint skins would never be enough to give the CoH2 tools the overhaul you are looking for. However, the revenue generated can be still used in other ways that give back the community, such as this.

Thanks for the insight. It certainly doesn't surprise me that changing the mod tools would chew up substantial hours of labour. They can be overwhelmingly complex.

Given the basis of this tournament however, can you advise as to whether there is any possibility of official vehicle model assets being released to aid future skin creation?

While I can appreciate skins aren't likely to let Relic employees have money fights any time soon, the models presumably wouldn't require much effort to release (with the possible exception of the legal team), and the massive gains to efficiency and detail skin modders by having accurate models really can't be overstated. The time lost to burning every revision of a skin and having to load up a game to test the changes just to find out if seams line up is a massive time sink and barrier to content creation.

Cheers

4 years ago

Are the milestones rewards retroactive? Do I get the rewards from the milestone 2 if I buy the skins now?

4 years ago
    RitaRushRitaRush Russian Federation, KrasnoyarskPosts: 54

@TotallyUndressed написал:
    Are the milestones rewards retroactive? Do I get the rewards from the milestone 2 if I buy the skins now?

Sure!

4 years ago

Thanks!

4 years ago
    SAS CommanderSAS Comma… Rule Britannia Posts: 55
    edited August 2016

So if you ever bought for real money any of the skins you are a contributor?

Cause I bought the desert rat set for summer vehicles for my british vehicles with IRL cash because well, incase you couldn't tell

patriotism

I just wanna know whether it counted or not

4 years ago
    MusketmarineMusketmar… Being a USF ParatrooperPosts: 68

Does purchasing them with Steam-funds count as purchasing with Cash?

4 years ago

@Remco787 said:
    When will the milestone rewards be released? After each milestone or all after September 4th?

The rewards will be sent out when they are ready. Things like skins, faceplates, and decals are currently being designed and once completed, will be integrated into the game and then given out as rewards. All this takes time and it is not yet clear when their release will be.

4 years ago

@Cyanara said:

@Kyle_RE said:

Thanks for the insight. It certainly doesn't surprise me that changing the mod tools would chew up substantial hours of labour. They can be overwhelmingly complex.

Given the basis of this tournament however, can you advise as to whether there is any possibility of official vehicle model assets being released to aid future skin creation?

While I can appreciate skins aren't likely to let Relic employees have money fights any time soon, the models presumably wouldn't require much effort to release (with the possible exception of the legal team), and the massive gains to efficiency and detail skin modders by having accurate models really can't be overstated. The time lost to burning every revision of a skin and having to load up a game to test the changes just to find out if seams line up is a massive time sink and barrier to content creation.

Cheers

This is indeed something we have been looking into. Unfortunately it is something on the back burner right now but I am hoping it is something we can do before the end of the year.

4 years ago

@SAS Commander said:

Cause I bought the desert rat set for summer vehicles for my british vehicles with IRL cash because well, incase you couldn't tell

patriotism

For anyone and everyone, if you purchased any of the War Paint skins between the time they were released to September 4th, 2016 using your Steam Wallet, you are considered a War Paint Contributor.

4 years ago
    CyanaraCyanara Posts: 18

@Kyle_RE said:
    This is indeed something we have been looking into. Unfortunately it is something on the back burner right now but I am hoping it is something we can do before the end of the year.

Cool, thank you :)

4 years ago
    SAS CommanderSAS Comma… Rule Britannia Posts: 55

@Kyle_RE said:

@SAS Commander said:

patriotism

For anyone and everyone, if you purchased any of the War Paint skins between the time they were released to September 4th, 2016 using your Steam Wallet, you are considered a War Paint Contributor.

Awesome, Thanks!

4 years ago

Registration for the WPC Qualifier Round 2 is now open. Don't miss out on your chance to compete!

4 years ago
    tightropetightrope New ZealandPosts: 25

In case you were looking for an update in this thread and couldn't find one (like I was)

War Paint Finalists

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• © SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Relic Entertainment, the Relic Entertainment logo, Company of Heroes and the Company of Heroes logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

DeutschEnglishEspañolFrançaisItalianoРусский