[OKW][ALL] Tank commander and emergency repairs are underperforming

2 years ago

I love elite armoured but those two abilities make me sad. While british tank commander gives +10 sight, +10% accuracy, +20 camouflage detection radius, +20% experience gained this one gives a whopping +6 vision and the worst arty in the game.
As for crit repait USF can do it instantly for 10 munis. Emergency repairs costs 50 munis and takes 14 seconds to repair a crit.

It is really wierd that doctrinal abilities are several time worse that stock abilities. Those two should be buffed to an acceptable level.

Comments

2 years ago

The arty is actually one of the best that OKW have, however I agree that OKW commander should add more bonuses, at least vet gain increase.

2 years ago
    NevecOneUpNevecOneUp Posts: 1,202
    edited August 2016

Okw tank commander bonus should be better.

2 years ago
    SlyzorSlyzor Posts: 51

@Exterminatus said:
    The arty is actually one of the best that OKW have

Are you serious? It has an extremely long delay and it fires 5 shells. Watch this.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Hhp2vNC5xqM&t=49m12s

2 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,014

@Slyzor said:

@Exterminatus said:
    The arty is actually one of the best that OKW have

Are you serious? It has an extremely long delay and it fires 5 shells. Watch this.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Hhp2vNC5xqM&t=49m12s

I knew it was bad but sweet jesus... that replay makes me want to apologize to Hitler.

2 years ago

I tried the commander on the panther out...it was terrible and not worth replacing the mg upgrade. Radius of the arty is poor and in terms of an upgrade is nothing compared to the UKF one. Funny because the Axis tank commanders were known for being good no?

Agree that it needs to be looked at.

2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,733
    Attach the commander to a KT, the kt is a beast as is so you are not trying to make up for lesser AI like on a panther.
    2 years ago
    HingieHingie Posts: 1,979
    edited August 2016

Honestly, I think its not (or at least not only) the fact that the OK-W commander is bad, but its just like with the Airlanding Officer in the way that the Brit Tank commander does everything previously introduced upgrades can do, only a lot better. Whoever decided how much the brit units/upgrades buff the respective units (be it the officers or even the heavy sappers) apparently had no idea what he was doing or lacked every and all sense of proportion

2 years ago

Signal relay can be useful and the Sturmtiger is really situational...the rest of the commander is kinda meh. Not really worth the munitions. The biggest issue is that anything Axis have, British have a better version with better abilities apparently. War speed anyone? Immediate smoke and insta repair? In addition to having virtually equal if not better tanks on the field.

2 years ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951

I'm up for buffs. HEAT and Signal Relay are superb, Sturmtiger has become quite useful ever since Volks got faust, but the Tank Commander is only good for occasionally nuking an emplacement and Crit Repair is laughably awful.

2 years ago
    ImperialDaneImperialD… Posts: 2,967 mod

Agreed. Tank commander is rubbish and could do with providing more buffs similar to the british tank commander and the artillery needs to be sorted as well. Pretty much useless as is.

As for Emergency repairs. is there anyway to make this work really ? The idea just seems off to be honest. I'd just replace it with some other ability that would make more sense in an elite armour context. A Mass blitzkrieg ability for example that boosts movement but also combat ability of all tanks and vehicles. But costs like.. 50 or 75 fuel. or 200 munitions.

Or i dunno. Some upgrade that allows the crew to lob grenades at the enemy.

2 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,014

Doctrinal grenade lobbing and commander that is equal to the Brit tank commander sounds like the two changes that would put this back as a contender for viable commander.