COH3

2»

Comments

3 years ago
    HuntsmanHuntsman Malton North YorkshirePosts: 72

Why not do the Korean war its hardly touched WW2 is done to death

3 years ago

oh yes. Nazi cyborgs and a science fiction "what if" WW2 scenario.

i want lasers!

3 years ago

@Huntsman said:

Because in terms of wars, nothing can touch the sheer scale, spectacle and/or horror of WW2. Modern wars don't make good rts games imo (unless fictional). I personally think it's important to keep WW2 in the limelight. It really didn't happen that long ago.. It's still living history and when you think about it, that's crazy.

3 years ago
    The Big Red 1The Big R… Daly City, CA, USAPosts: 681

@SquishyMuffin said:

@Huntsman said:

Because in terms of wars, nothing can touch the sheer scale, spectacle and/or horror of WW2. Modern wars don't make good rts games imo (unless fictional). I personally think it's important to keep WW2 in the limelight. It really didn't happen that long ago.. It's still living history and when you think about it, that's crazy.

korea is not as "widely discussed" as WW2 thats why historians call it the forgotten war. i think it deserves some spot light as much as the WW2 pacific campaign does....

3 years ago

A coh2 inspired modern day combat game wouldn't be bad. I just cant see them doing ww2 again. Maybe Korean war, but even then not much different. However Vietnam would also be pretty cool. Just with a lot less nations.

3 years ago

Yep, it's an interesting decision for them to make. I think it could be freshened up with more gameplay mechanics/more units. Korea/Pacific are options. People forget the Japanese pushed the Chinese and commonwealth forces back a fair bit before having no success at all after midway. So it wouldn't be completely onesided/boring.

3 years ago

Oh, there is one thing I would like to HEAR in COH3. Let the Germans speak German, Russians speak Russian and so on. First and last time I've heard Germans speaking German in COH it was like second mission intro in Company of Heroes 1.

3 years ago
    BaálthazorBaálthazor The shoreline by the river Styx.Posts: 1,092
    @Beardedragon

YES!! Moar lasers!! More pew pew, less bang, bang!! :D

Seriously though, the coh-franchise is about the 2nd world war, because everybody can relate to it and there's more iconic units there than in virtually any other war. Id like to see it continue the trend tbh. :)
    3 years ago
    WW2 setting is great, but it need a REAL German campaign and has to be like CoH1 and some touch of Men of War. More historical points and more individuality for the gamer.
    3 years ago
    SquishyMuffinSquishyMu… Posts: 434
    edited September 2016

@Widerstreit said:
    more individuality for the gamer.

Adding sub-factions within main factions would help with that. If you like tanks, choose that Tiger company; doesn't have a lot of fuel but packs a powerful punch'- blah blah etc etc. Or expand the commanders somehow to alter what base buildings/units you can build. Plus a higher pop cap!

3 years ago
    DudeDude Posts: 576

I think that before they make a CoH3, there will have to be some massive changes/improvements to the game engine and/or they need to make it about something a lot different than what we have now.

Either change the time period covered, for example, post WWII eras, or change somewhat what is allowable in the game and how it is allowed, for example, make air/naval power more of a player controlled item like other units.

I am in part thinking of, for example, the War Game series on PC.

While I love certain parts of this series, unit diversity (1,700 possible units) and its abstract realism, there are a lot of other things I do not. When playing this series, I can't help but compare it to the CoH series, saying to myself over and over if this were CoH doing this part or that part it would be SO much easier to play and make the game SO much more fluid.

While I know there are a lot of naysayers out there whose knee jerk comment is "Never.", I also personally wouldn't mind something dealing with the Pacific theatre, involving amphibious landings, naval air power, etc.

Interesting discussion all in all.

Links to the game series cited above for reference purposes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wargame:_European_Escalation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wargame:_AirLand_Battle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wargame:_Red_Dragon

3 years ago
    HuntsmanHuntsman Malton North YorkshirePosts: 72

@Dude said:
    I think that before they make a CoH3, there will have to be some massive changes/improvements to the game engine and/or they need to make it about something a lot different than what we have now.

Either change the time period covered, for example, post WWII eras, or change somewhat what is allowable in the game and how it is allowed, for example, make air/naval power more of a player controlled item like other units.

I am in part thinking of, for example, the War Game series on PC.

While I love certain parts of this series, unit diversity (1,700 possible units) and its abstract realism, there are a lot of other things I do not. When playing this series, I can't help but compare it to the CoH series, saying to myself over and over if this were CoH doing this part or that part it would be SO much easier to play and make the game SO much more fluid.

While I know there are a lot of naysayers out there whose knee jerk comment is "Never.", I also personally wouldn't mind something dealing with the Pacific theatre, involving amphibious landings, naval air power, etc.

Interesting discussion all in all.

Links to the game series cited above for reference purposes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wargame:_European_Escalation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wargame:_AirLand_Battle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wargame:_Red_Dragon

I can imagine COH players having aneurysms if they play war game when they realise they have to fuel and rearm their units also the scale is far larger on war game.

It is important to remember Wargame has a lot more realism than COH for example units with the same guns and ammo do the same damage and you also have side and roof armour.
    Also if you are a war game player Israel pack coming soon along with Finland and Yugoslavia

3 years ago
    BaálthazorBaálthazor The shoreline by the river Styx.Posts: 1,092
    @Huntsman
    Actually, the game "Sudden Strike" did something like that. Having to fuel and rearm basically ALL of your troops/units didn't stop that game from becoming a massive success.
    Just saying. ;)
    3 years ago

I'm quite sure they'll do WW2 again. They'll just wait a few years and have all of us sick and tired of DoW3 and waiting to kill nazis a third time for 80 bucks preorder.

3 years ago

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:
    I secretly wish that Relic just spend more time polishing coh2

Yes exactly. If FIFA and NHL can produce annual games that improves on the previous, then CoH that is supposed to be THE WW2 rts should not stray into nazie zombies and modern warfare. It should in fact
    take the SAME game (the game I've played 1700 hours of so far) and

• add side armor
    • optimize game Engine...
    • ...so that the old school arty spectacular hits can return
    • fix the balance
    • fix the bugs
    • add maps and singleplayer content like ToW
    • guard all aspects of immersion with their life

If we got this. O M G what a game it would be. Just crazy. It would be untouchable. And it all seems so doable. I totally loved COHO so bring some hero units and that stuff too maybe.

2 years ago
    Terrorblanche_EugeneTerrorbla… Russia, MoscowPosts: 1

Wanna Japanese side, do a Japanese side | Wanna Japanese side, do a Japanese side | Wanna Japanese side, do a Japanese side | Wanna Japanese side, do a Japanese side | Wanna Japanese side, do a Japanese side | Wanna Japanese side, do a Japanese side | Wanna Japanese side, do a Japanese side | Wanna Japanese side, do a Japanese side | Wanna Japanese side, do a Japanese side | Wanna Japanese side, do a Japanese side | Wanna Japanese side, do a Japanese side | Wanna Japanese side, do a Japanese side | Wanna Japanese side, do a Japanese side | Wanna Japanese side, do a Japanese side |

2 years ago
    PinchyPinchy Posts: 41

Something that isn't intentionally fractured behind overpriced DLC, has unit modding and a good UI.

There's enough unexplored theatres to pick from, also naval and real air combat.