Overwatch feedback

4 years ago
moremegamoremega REDWOOD CITY CA USAPosts: 229
edited August 2016 in Commander Feedback

Does anybody get any use out of the forward receivers. I am not sure how close the base needs to be for it to work, but it sounds pretty silly to put your base at risk for what a infrared HT can do, and its a bit overkill b/c of the early warning flares. I suggest scraping this useless ability and switching it with heavy mobile arty like the Hummel. This is a pretty unique arty that served both as arty and tank destroyer during the war.

Comments

4 years ago
    omar_empomar_emp United Arab EmiratesPosts: 532

the commander is good enough some other commanders are more useless

4 years ago
    It would fit the theme of the commander.

But honestly right now this game is not in need of more arty. They need to make base sectors off limits for stationary, self-propelled, off-map and rocket artillery.

All a Hummel would be used for now is to perpetually shoot into the enemies HQ sector in hopes of wiping reinforcing troops.

If they fixed that I'd welcome a Hummel.
    4 years ago

According to coh2 guides, this ability doubles sight range and a 70 range detection of units in fog of war. In comparison, if I am reading CoH2stats correctly, the weapon range of Pak40 is 60. With that in consideration, I'd say this means HQ trucks can be basically IR halftracks without the need to build the latter, plus all three trucks get them. Pretty nifty, though I don't own the commander so I cannot comment.

As for replacing with Hummel, well a unit that can fire 150mm shells and can move is going to be more powerful than any howitzer in the game. It didn't serve a tank destroyer role.

4 years ago

My feedback on Overwatch: completely useless doctrine.

3 years ago
    Spartan-032-SamuelSpartan-0… Posts: 3
    edited January 2017

the Overwatch doctrin us useless. the Goliath can be killed by rifles....... For the Fatherland is only usefull if you need to defend something.... and these sector airstrike is the dumbest shit i have ever seen in a commander. its only a good way to waste much ammo in less time. i dont know what relic thought about that useless ability.

the OKW sector Airstrike:

• cost 250 ammo
    • can be killed easy
      (mostly by the first flight above the map by bofor)

• it is so rat that the plane hit something

• need sight for aming a target (to threw some bombs)
    • there are so less bombs

the British Airstrike:

• cost 300 ammo
    • Cant be killed by anti air
    • can destroy a german defenceline so fast (Bunkers, Pack 43, HQ Trucks, Infantery and weaponteams)
    • mostly kill every infantery or infantery in buildings.
    • doesnt need a sight, after the ability will be used the plane throw the bombst everywhere

as you can see the british can invest 300 Ammo to destroy a whole german defenceline and the germany onla get a useless ability to wast much Ammo.

this is my feedback for the Overwatch Commander.

3 years ago
    QuesocitoQuesocito Posts: 128

pretty useless doctrine, no one uses it because it is just a gimmick and doesnt provide enough vs taking a different doctrine..

3 years ago
    comrade_daelincomrade_d… Posts: 2,948

When you select this commander in a custom game, it goes

Command Abilities ready
    Command Abilities ready
    Command Level Capabilities Ready for Effect
    Command Abilities ready
    ...and then once you unlock the other one
    Command Level Capabilities Ready for Effect