Effective use of Radio Silence

2 years ago
SquishyMuffinSquishyMu… Posts: 434
edited August 2016 in Multiplayer Discussion

Any tips on when to use this ability? In terms of attack or defensive. One I remember reading was to activate it when the Stuka is about to fire off.

Does it stop alerting the enemy of points being lost?

Comments

2 years ago

Dude in my clan said he would turn on radio silence, drive his kubel into the enemy base and them kill all the retreated squads. People don't think to look for red dots in their base. This was when the kubel could suppress though.

2 years ago
    BaálthazorBaálthazor The shoreline by the river Styx.Posts: 1,092
    Flanks, flanks and flanks ;)

Launch a small assault head on by your stronger units(preferable a panther/kt backed by volks), then drive a PIV backed by a few Obers/SP around the flank, pop radio-silence and prepare to be amazed at your opponent never reacting to it ;)
    2 years ago

@Baálthazor said:
    Flanks, flanks and flanks ;)

Launch a small assault head on by your stronger units(preferable a panther/kt backed by volks), then drive a PIV backed by a few Obers/SP around the flank, pop radio-silence and prepare to be amazed at your opponent never reacting to it ;)

Thanks. Are you flanking for capping points or flanking for engaging in the enemy in the 'middle'? I assume capping a point or even walking through one gives you away?

2 years ago
    BaálthazorBaálthazor The shoreline by the river Styx.Posts: 1,092
    @Exterminatus

It could be for whatever reason tbh :)

Myself, I usually uses it to conceal a flank on my opponents main army, because radio-silence ain't free and a cut-off might win you time, but destroying his main army will properly win you the match :)

Engage his frontlines(however they are drawn), flank around with weaker(but still capable forces) active radio-silence before you engage(obviously!) And watch as his tanks do not turn, his infantry do not retreat and his emplacements arent braced ;)

Remember, it's not just the fact that he can't see you on his minimap(that part is easily nulified). It's that he(if you time it right) get a thousand pings about his units being attacked at the same time, thats the confusing part. ;)