[OKW] [ALL] MG34 should be available from the start.

13»

Comments

3 years ago
    BaálthazorBaálthazor The shoreline by the river Styx.Posts: 1,092
    edited November 2016

I really think that all this backtalk about the mg34 is a bit convoluted tbh, what with changing its timing, tier placement, swapping it for the mg42, ect...
    Just make the goddamn thing not suck ass anymore and all is fine imho. Up its cost, dramatically even, I dont care! Just increase its power output(suppression/dps) to levels where its actually useful, instead of having it be the military equivalent of one of those tennisball-shooting-thingies...
    I mean, even the damn Maxim is better and that thing is just a glorified wheelbarrow.

3 years ago
    CartoonVillainCartoonVi… Posts: 64
    edited November 2016

I've said it before and I will say it again: the MG34 was actually more viable when it was doctrinal. At 1cp it came out earlier than it does now and it was a call-in so it didn't block the production pipeline like it does now. Given how garbage it is, the least we could get is an MG that comes out instantly. The fact that it's non-doctrinal now is pretty irrelevant to its usage tbh.

3 years ago

@Baálthazor said:
    I mean, even the damn Maxim is better and that thing is just a glorified wheelbarrow.

From WW1 :D

3 years ago
    @SquishyMuffin the vickers is from ww1 too and it is pretty strong. I find it fascinating how one man can carry a 41,2kg weapon (gun + sleeve with water + tripod) :D
    3 years ago
    VutherVuther Posts: 2,129

@AceOfTitanium said:
    @SquishyMuffin the vickers is from ww1 too and it is pretty strong. I find it fascinating how one man can carry a 41,2kg weapon (gun + sleeve with water + tripod) :D

The M2HB is even heavier and the squad can sprint with it.

Its gunners lift

3 years ago

@AceOfTitanium said:

YOU EVEN LIFT BRO!?!?! EZ

3 years ago

I cry when the MG34 does not even suppress after a full burst.

And yes, there have been multiple occasions when i really could have used a mg but couldn't get it because I did not have a truck set up, so i fully support the MG34 being available at the starting truck.

As for its performance... it's bad, considering how dushkas and 50cals suppress german infantry instantly and deal more damage, not to mention the Vickers... I've always argued that cheap and crap units are never an option. Make the MG34 great again sounds like something i could get behind.

Or just let us have the MG42... Oh, and don't use the "they're supposed to be an aggressive faction" argument. It looks realy ridiculous given their lack of smoke.

Offtopic: the LEIG vets up far too slowly. Otherwise it;s fine.

2 years ago
    RiCERiCE Posts: 1,588
    edited November 2016

MG34 is the worst MG in the game. Locking the worst MG behind teching is a design flaw. No matter how cheap it is, by the time you can call it in, it already missed its window of opportunity. I have tried to use it more... every time i forced MG34, i regretted.

Also regardless its performance, it cannot keep up with veterancy against allied infantry. Partially because MGs cannot gain XP as fast as infantry due to their nature, and ofcourse because it comes later and allied infantry gain vet faster. Allies infantry are already on vet2 with received accuracy bonuses, when MG34 is nowhere.

I would put MG34 to OKW HQ (Tier0) and instead of its current vet2 +20% suppression bonus, i would say receive +10% suppression on vet1 and another +10% on vet2.

If the weapon is not a killing machine, it cannot gain veterancy as fast as other units that able to kill faster. Or to put it simple: riflemen vet2 > mg34 vet2 in practice.