[OKW] [2 vs 2] - [ jagdpanzer iv camouflage ability]

2 years ago

Problem

When the jagdpanzer iv hit the vet when it can camouflage, this could probably be one of the hardest unit to deal with. Players often use it as stealthunit behind a Panther or kt for example, which make it even harder to try take out. Even if you as soviet for exampel put a snare on it and call in an iL2 bombing run on it, it dosent even hit it if it hits excactly where it stands but it is in camouflage. Theres something thats not right hear with that vet ability that could be this effective on such a cheep unit. I have no excample but it ruined much games for me as a Soviet or USF player. They already have fastmoving at guns in comouflagemood so i see no Point in allowing a 50 ton tank disappear in and out after each shot.

Solution

Replace the ability with something else, faster reloadtime, longer range, anything is better then this ability in term of balance.

Or make it vincible when it is in combat at least, it will help SU-85 and Jackson that relay much on good view.

Thanks

Comments

2 years ago
    I like the camo, removal would require a rework of vet due to the cloak related bonuses BUT it is bugged, that needs fixed, otherwise its fine imo. Its an expensive unit, costing more than an su85 but having less pen (more armour tho)
    2 years ago
    It's the only Axis tank that performs like it should. Removing cloak would kill it and make Allied TD's eat it for dinner. Fixing cloak is another thing, though.
    2 years ago

It should have some cooldown so it cannot be cloaked instantly after firing. The detection radius could perhaps also be a bit higher.

2 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,014

Yeah... it should still be hit by attack ground while cloaked. Otherwise leave it alone though.

2 years ago
    I think the cloak needs to be changed, popping in and out of cloak when reloading is really gimmicky and some units fail to actually squeeze off a shoot in uncloaked window.

The other issue is that you have to be so stupidly close to detect it.
    2 years ago
    moremegamoremega REDWOOD CITY CA USAPosts: 229
    edited September 2016

nah its was the best TD during the war, so it should stand out.

2 years ago
    @raulmagana121707 Actually the best was claimed to be the Jagdpanther.

Same deal just on a panther chassis. It's supposed to have a good mix of armor, mobility and firepower.

I guess it's kind of a subjective judgement.

I still would like if the stealth cheese was toned down.

In combat it can sneak of 2-3 shots while creeping back, barely avoiding detection and renentering stealth before it takes fire.
    2 years ago

Camo need fix or remove. JP are good TD, have good vets, so this vets with that camo are broken, how players must hit JP in camo ? This problem are like 2 years, hope relic dont lose all mind and will be fix it.