ImperialDane suggested in his video to use companies as subfactions for the mainfactions (for more information watch the video)
This idea made me think and i came to the conclusion that divisions as subfactions would be more interesting because for example a infantry companie only determents if for example panzergrens, normal grens or osttruppen are the standart infantry unit, but if you make it division-based they get a completely different set of units. In my idea you select the faction, then the division an then you start the match so you can't change the division while already playing a match.
I will use the Wehrmacht 1943 for my example but this would also apply indirectly for every other army. In my example the faction has a 3-tier-system (you can't skip tiers) with a decision in the last tier (like UKF's hammer or amboss) and of course which units there are and in which tiers they are, isn't final and I use this example just to make my point clear.
Mechanized Infantry Division:
- 251 Half-track (upgradeable with a pak-upgrade or to a flame half-track otherwise boosts nearby infantry and is able to reinforce; able to lay down riegelmines)
- Pak 40
- 234 scout car (a 222 turret on a puma cassis, more durable than 222 but also more expensive; 7,5cm-support-gun upgrade)
- Officier unit (which gives buffs to combined-arms Operations or something like that)
- short-barreled Pz IV (with MG-upgrade; for infantry support)
- Stug III G ( AT)
- Decision: - cheap long-barrel upgrade Pz IV
- Wespe (light mobile Artillery based on the Pz II cassis)
(I'm too lazy to do more Divisions but I hope you understand what I mean: Subfactions with the same basic structur but with different units)
I start with a example and explain my basic concept afterwards (there will be CPs but I won't add them in this example):
4. 1 Ability: StuKa drops a 50kg bomb in the designated area
5. 1 Ability: Call in the Pz V Panther
4. 2 Ability: Stukas with 37mm canons strafe the designated area for a certain amount of time an hit the tanks in the area
5. 2 Ability: Nebelwerfer rocket launcher can be called onto the battlefield
That's at least my idea for a division-based faction system. I hope Relic looks at my thread and maybe implements some ideas in the next Coh Game.
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!