[Wehr] [All Modes] [Stuka dive bomb on reatreat]

2 years ago

OK, before start argu that this been up before, im a 6k + player and always played as allied. For a while a go i start play a bit OKW, and now some hours as Wehr. So in short term, im a big noob as Wehr.
However, we all know how BS this Stuka dive bomb on reatreat could be and i just find out how unbalanced this ability feels. Played 3 matches 2vs2 and saved the last one.

In mather of fact i actually felt poor for the recived player just to watch how a noob with zero skills behind this faction can utilize one ability as gamechanger . Theres something thats not qute right here then..

Solution:

1. Remove the ability from base sector at least.
  2. Reduce the AOE so you dont have to lose multiple squads even if they are a spreaded out a bit.

Link to playback: http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/bj9c2n7v/file.html

Comments

2 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,018
    Remove it from the base and call it a day
    2 years ago

@Lazarus said:
    Remove it from the base and call it a day

More like remove every form of off-map on base lol

2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,810
    Im pretty sure everyone wants off maps out of base... How will Relic respond? They will probably Nerf the b4 further.
    2 years ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    Im pretty sure everyone wants off maps out of base... How will Relic respond? They will probably Nerf the b4 further.

-Removed capture territory from IS-2 vet 1
    -Gave IS-2 vet 1 tripwire flares

2 years ago
    Mr_SmithMr_Smith Posts: 343
    edited October 2016

The Stuka Dive Bomb needs to lose the unjustifiable ninja buff it received a year ago.

That is to say, the ability needs to lose its death critical vs infantry.

• Currently, the ability has the biggest lethal radius in the game, and by a huge margin (15m)
    • The lethal AoE is so huge, it even surpasses UKF bombing run (lol!)
    • The cost of the ability is ridiculously low, at 160 munitions
    • The cooldown of the ability is ridiculously low, at 50 seconds
    • The critical looks unrealistic, as it instagibs all infantry within 15m (in cover, garrisoned or not), and leaves stuff at 15.1m completely unharmed

I believe I've covered everything that has already been discussed here:
    https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/241995/ost-2v2-stuka-dive-bomb-painfully-over-efficient-for-its-cost/p1

All artillery needs to be prevented from targeting the base sector.
    Amen.

2 years ago
    BaálthazorBaálthazor The shoreline by the river Styx.Posts: 1,092
    edited October 2016

My two cents;

The SDB(Stuka Dive Bomb) is an incredably potent ability and justifiably so. OH absolutely NEEDS potent abilities as the entire faction is a faction on crutches and in dire need of such abilities...

HOWEVER...

With that being said, I feel that there are certain aspects of the SDB which is simply unneeded or unjust and could be changed. Mind you, this is coming from a pure axis player which likes to use the SDB...

1)
    No need for the ability to cost less than a bottle of scotch. Up the cost to 190-210.

2)
    The ability still needs to be without visual warning. Thats kinda what makes it unique. Just listen for the Jerico trumphets and you'll be fine. If you miss that audio, well then thats on you.

3)
    The SDB still needs its very potent aoe and huge circle of doom. It just needs limitations.(See below)

4)
    Just get rid of arty/off-maps/whatever in the base sector. No need for that. Its STILL an incredibly potent ability, so no need for it to be deployable in the enemys base sector. Its a hoot I'll(cheerfully admit :p), but its unjust and needs to go...

2 years ago
    Yeah that arty can target base sectors is is OP and just rubbish
    2 years ago
    First look at Allii abilities before you say Stuka is OP or too cheap.

It only needs less aoe but more damage and a flare one the minimap, that's all.
    2 years ago

They need to add flares to this ability. It is broken without it.

2 years ago
    mrdjjag81mrdjjag81 Posts: 237

Everyone says it has sound warning, yes it has..but in the middle of the battle if you have youre screen on the other side of the map in a tank battle, you cant hear a thing if the enemy has drop a bomb in ur base sector. Even if you have youre screen there once you hear it and start realise its on its way it gives u maybe 3 seconds to move all youre troops away from a possibility possition the bomb will land with its huuuuuuuuuuuuug AOE.

2 years ago

It is one of the reasons why i do not like equipping double weapons on rifles or infantry sections. One bomb can erase 240 munitions without much counter-play. I usually stick to commandos or guards rifles. Flares have to be added.

2 years ago
    TwistedTootsyTwistedTo… Posts: 277
    edited October 2016

I think the sound indication is just fine. Your soldiers will always call out "Aistrike incoming!" even if you aren't watching them (they will say it through a radio voice, same with grenades) too so if you don't see flares then it is obviously a stuka divebomb.

I believe Relic intended for off-maps to not be used in base sectors, as all the "newest" companies and doctrines (British, USF, and OKW) don't allow off map artillery strikes on base-sectors. They were just too lazy to fix Soviet and Wehrmacht abilities that could target base sectors.

2 years ago

It needs to have flares. I can't listen to music while playing because of this ability :(. I want to listen to some songs without having my major and everything around it die.

2 years ago
    GrittleGrittle Posts: 993

@Lazarus said:

@thedarkarmadillo said:

-Removed capture territory from IS-2 vet 1
    -Gave IS-2 vet 1 tripwire flares

you silly child
    you know nothing about soviet flare balance

-Added new B-4 ability at vet 1: 203mm flares
    -Sturmovick attack now fires flares instead of bullets, no change in effectiveness of the ability.
    -Satchel Charge now launches a flare on detonation

2 years ago
    @company14u2 äähmm... your fault? xD this game is mostly based of listening to sounds.
    2 years ago

@Widerstreit said:
    @company14u2 äähmm... your fault? xD this game is mostly based of listening to sounds.

I can listen to music when i play axis. I only play them once a week though.

2 years ago
    @company14u2 thats your fault. Audio cues are a massive part of the game no matter who you play. Try playing Axis more frequently and you'll be against higher ranked opponents who use abilities that require audio awareness.
    2 years ago

@Lazarus said:
    @company14u2 thats your fault. Audio cues are a massive part of the game no matter who you play. Try playing Axis more frequently and you'll be against higher ranked opponents who use abilities that require audio awareness.

I am as high in the bracket as one can get. team of 4 and constantly fighting top 50, mate. The flares need to be added.

2 years ago
    edited October 2016

@company14u2 said:

@Lazarus said:

I am as high in the bracket as one can get. team of 4 and constantly fighting top 50, mate. The flares need to be added.

Edit: Doesn't matter. Anyway, the game will never be balanced around you wanting to not have to listen anymore than it would be balanced around someone not wanting to look at the minimap.

2 years ago

Then please create a SOV commander that has the same audio only massive ninja AOE like the SDB and call it a day. When both sides feel the pain, both sides can agree to something reasonable as Mr Smith has stated.

2 years ago

@whitesky00 schrieb:
    Then please create a SOV commander that has the same audio only massive ninja AOE like the SDB and call it a day. When both sides feel the pain, both sides can agree to something reasonable as Mr Smith has stated.

They have enough OP abilities.

2 years ago

@Lazarus The ability break too many rules:

It can't be shot down.
    It has no flares.
    It is cheap and performs very well for its cost.

Why is everyone so against flares? Even ir pathfinder's arty has flares. By the time you hear it, your pak howitzer is dead.
    You have to react insanely quick to avoid it. It becomes worse when your enemy has a 222 with a spotting scope, and you will not know when and why this ability is coming for your units.

2 years ago
    Slightly off topic, but has anyone seen what a vet 2 222 with spotting scopes and a command panther is like? Fucking hilarious...anyways carry on
    2 years ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    Slightly off topic, but has anyone seen what a vet 2 222 with spotting scopes and a command panther is like? Fucking hilarious...anyways carry on

Yes, because we use 222 with spotting scope with command panther and he shells. He shells is in the commander with the sturm tiger. Let's just say, the kt puts out more damage than an elephant. Remember to mark every vehicle because vet scales with damage. Vet 5 jagpanzer can kill a kt in 2 shots with this combo. :D

2 years ago

@Widerstreit said:

@whitesky00 schrieb:

@Widerstreit said:

@whitesky00 schrieb:

@Widerstreit said:

@whitesky00 schrieb:

List me one on SOV that's equal to SDB? None, GJ Axis fanboi

2 years ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 950
    edited October 2016
    @whitesky00 IL-2 fighes tanks AND infantry. And the bombing run one-shots everything.

Vs the dive-bomb? Simply play with audio and you know where it will drops.
    2 years ago
    @whitesky00 as said, the il-2 bombing run (while it could use a speed buff) will obliterate whatever it hits. I had a match where I poped mark target and il-2 bombed a JT instantly killing it, not sure if mark target is required, but I didn't want to take the risk... Anyways the stuka nuka wouldnt have accomplished that... So there is that
    2 years ago

@Widerstreit said:
    @whitesky00 IL-2 fighes tanks AND infantry. And the bombing run one-shots everything.

Vs the dive-bomb? Simply play with audio and you know where it will drops.

Puhlease, Cooldown is how long? cost is how much? We all know it's strafing goes next to tanks and not actually on tanks. OST strafing is way more powerful in that regard.

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    @whitesky00 as said, the il-2 bombing run (while it could use a speed buff) will obliterate whatever it hits. I had a match where I poped mark target and il-2 bombed a JT instantly killing it, not sure if mark target is required, but I didn't want to take the risk... Anyways the stuka nuka wouldnt have accomplished that... So there is that

The IL2 bombing run costs 200 and has at least a 2-3 minute cooldown. It has 3 flares and does not have as wide of a radius as SDB. The plane can actually be shot down before ever delivering it's payload. The entire payload does about 750 damage? Someone correct me if i'm wrong but that should not kill 1080 HP elefant. Not to mention you can see 3 flares. Now you're using 200 muni + 80 muni to kill one vehicle assuming he doesn't move at all.

And yes, Stuka can accomplish that. If a SDB lands squarely on IS2, ISU152, or a vehicle that survives, i believe it automatically criticals the engine. Immobile vehicle = dead vehicle. 50 seconds later, you can call another one. There's a reason why good teams abuse muni drops and SDB. It is the game winner late game. The potential to wipe out units capturing points, retreating units in base, 600 mp static arty.

There is also a delayed sound effect where you only have 3 seconds before you can hear it blaring. Even if you pressed retreat on everything, you will still be caught in the radius. Weapons teams have no chance to survive. Refer to Mr. Smith's comments on SDB effectiveness and ninja buff.

2 years ago

IL2 will not kill a tiger by itself. With mark target it will. And its skill shot indicator is sort of weird. Most of the bombs will hit the first half of the indicator. The IL-2 takes skill to use to kill a jagtiger. Only one commander has il2 and mark target in it.
    No more excuses! 50k bomb strike needs to have flares added.

2 years ago

If it gets flares, it needs more damage. ;D