Ardennes assault wont launch

2 years ago

Just bought ardennes assault and Fox company DLC, however when i try to launch a campaign, regardless of difficulty it won't do anything at all, you click and it just sits there. Only after i close the game and re-launch it i'm able to see the save files "twin villages - 0%", unfortunately I can't continue from those save points either. please help

I've already checked the game cache integrity

Tagged:

Comments

2 years ago

I'm having the same issue, hopefully somebody has a fix for it. I'm currently reinstalling the game to see if that works.

2 years ago

@twitchsomething said:
    I'm having the same issue, hopefully somebody has a fix for it. I'm currently reinstalling the game to see if that works.

Let me know if you have any results?

2 years ago

@sawyer779 said:

@twitchsomething said:

Let me know if you have any results?

Didnt work, same issue still occuring.

2 years ago

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue exactly.
    Bought it with the humble bundle, and according to steam it's in my library and it's activated on my account, but exactly the same things happen when I try to launch a campaign, that is: nothing.

There is like one thread about this on steam support, and there seem to be no answers.
    I have:
    Verified CoH2
    Deleted my games/coh2 folder
    Uninstalled and reinstalled the DLC
    Uninstalled and reinstalled the games
    Deleted everything from the Steam folder apart from the exe, steamapps and the user folder
    Reinstalled the game, verified, run as admin.

Literally everything I could possibly do I have tried.

I would appreciate someone taking a look at this issue.

2 years ago

Oh, I seem to have fixed it.

I activated the skin bundle key as well as the Mission Pack key, the one with the US forces, and now it lets me launch the campaign.

2 years ago

I already got the US Forces, so I want to gift them to a friend. Is there another workaround to let me start Ardennes assault?

2 years ago
    dukejasondukejason Posts: 1,379 mod

what exactly are you trying to do?

2 years ago

@dukejason said:
    what exactly are you trying to do?

I bought the humble bundle 10th anniversary bundle. I already got the base game, us forces and OKW. I bought it to get the british forces and ardennes assault. the spare keys I would gift to a friend so he can play with me.

I activated the key for ardennes assault and the british forces. the problem is that when I click on the ardennes assault campaign in the main menu, hit "start new mission" it just does not load or do anything. It's like a dead button. now when I restart steam and the game, I see that it made a save file for me having started a new ardennes assault campaign even though it won't start.
    I don't want to use my spare keys for the dlc's i already bought just to play the ardennes assault campaign mode..

2 years ago
    dukejasondukejason Posts: 1,379 mod

You already own the game,and its not working,meaning you already used a key in the past?