[Allies][All] Remove all received accuracy bonuses

3 years ago
SquishyMuffinSquishyMu… Posts: 434
edited October 2016 in Balance Feedback

This has been talked about in posts but there's no real thread on it. I want Relic to see it as it's not in the current patch poll.

Volks had this removed. In addition to the single shrek. Why do USF riflemen keep it? In addition to being able to have TWO bazookas per unit (ANY unit).

Why do Infantry sections keep it? They are suppose to be in cover yet run about without a care in the world. Like the riflemen. This I believe is called a blob = Current problem for Axis players.

Discuss if having a gameplay style of trying to keep units in cover be it yellow or green is better for the game or not. I believe it removing it or altering it somehow is needed.

Tagged:

Comments

3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,822
    I think there needs to be a blanket reduction in rec acc bonuses OR a substantial buff to how cover works. The only unit that shouldn't be harshly punished for being caught out of cover should be shocks, because they are armoured to do so*

Too many times does good positioning fall to brainless charging. Hell I had a game last week where comandos walked across negative cover vs sturms (mid range for negative cover portion) and toss a cooked nuke, commandos didnt lose a model. I positioned properly and was not rewarded appropriately costing me a very well vetted unit.

Being caught in no and negative cover under fire should be a calculated risk, not the norm, but there are squads (elite infantry, vetted cons, rifles...) that can stand in no cover and due to ludicrous rec acc out fight enemies in cover. Unacceptable
    3 years ago
    dmsdms UKPosts: 531
    edited October 2016

This would punish all mid to short range infantry and weak ones like cons which are poor unless you get them to vet 3. It would favour all lmg based units since nothing could close in without too much loss.

3 years ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    I think there needs to be a blanket reduction in rec acc bonuses OR a substantial buff to how cover works. The only unit that shouldn't be harshly punished for being caught out of cover should be shocks, because they are armoured to do so*

Too many times does good positioning fall to brainless charging. Hell I had a game last week where comandos walked across negative cover vs sturms (mid range for negative cover portion) and toss a cooked nuke, commandos didnt lose a model. I positioned properly and was not rewarded appropriately costing me a very well vetted unit.

Being caught in no and negative cover under fire should be a calculated risk, not the norm, but there are squads (elite infantry, vetted cons, rifles...) that can stand in no cover and due to ludicrous rec acc out fight enemies in cover. Unacceptable

Your example is EXACTLY what I'm talking about and am glad you agree. I don't know the solution but something needs to be changed.

@dms said:
    This would punish all mid to short range infantry and weak ones like cons which are poor unless you get them to vet 3. It would favour all lmg based units since nothing could close in without too much loss.

Yes I did think of this being a potential problem, you're right. It should and shouldn't apply to certain units. Some units should also be neutral. Axis units such as PG's, Stormtroopers, AG's. Sturms etc are already dealing with this problem technically.

3 years ago

@SquishyMuffin said:
    Your example is EXACTLY what I'm talking about and am glad you agree. I don't know the solution but something needs to be changed.

Removing all recieved accuracy bonuses vs reducing all of them are two completely different things.

Even then removing/reducing it a lot would make units like Obersoldaten and pretty much all axis infantry in general destroy Allied infantry in engagements all game. Received accuracy bonuses were Allied infantry's issue in the past (hence how they got to the stage they are in now) since Allies relied on only one squad for the whole game (ex. Riflemen, Infantry Sections being the only combat squad that scaled and could be equipped to fight all threats) where Axis could buy elite infantry for late game and those squads could be upgraded according to what they were designed to fight.

You also seem to highly underestimate the damage potential of Axis infantry overall. It's more complicated than just nerfing Riflemen or Penals or whatever. Long story short, either frontline Allied infantry squads need small nerfs to received accuracy or all of the infantry in general need huge changes.