[SOVIET] [ALL] KV-8 flamethrower tank speed

2 years ago
mrdjjag81mrdjjag81 Posts: 237
edited November 2016 in Balance Feedback

The KV-8 flamethrower tank's speed was nerfed back in the days when it did insanly damage and chased down retreated units and could wipe out 2-3 squads easly, however Relic has left it this slow sence then even if it got hit by ather nerfhammers along the way. It now dont treathen inf that much with its slow moving speed and decent damage, even if OST's halftruck deals more damage with its two mounted flametrowers that fire at all direction in notime (lol), therefor i suggest that that the KV-8 flamethrower tank should had its speed reverted so it can "stick and retreat" better and be that effected as it should be, its not worth the 145 fuel it cost right now for sure.

1. Revert speednerf it got back in 2013 to make it more endureable sence its too slow now and being pretty easy taked out.

Question on that?

Comments

2 years ago
    I say no, kv-8 is actually pretty well balanced, the most durable flame unit as well as having a turret as well as having a Lil pop gun to let it support vs armour (shitty support, but more than a hetzet does...)
    Thw only thing I would change is actually just a wish, and thats letting the 45mm fire with the flames at with vet...
    2 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,855

Yeah, I'd say it's pretty decent overall, maybe a small buff to armor, but it's decent

2 years ago
    newshatterhandnewshatte… Posts: 278
    edited November 2016

Chasing inf down with a heavy tanks is I think not really what should be going on. It's flame performance is still OK however the 45mm gun is quite bad. Especially because it needs to be activated on its own when the croc gets a better gun that can also shoot when flaming. I would like if it got some sort of buff so that it would better against light vehicles.

2 years ago

@newshatterhand said:
    Chasing inf down with a heavy tanks is I think not really what should be going on. It's flame performance is still OK however the 45mm gun is quite bad. Especially because it needs to be activated on its own when the croc gets a better gun that can also shoot when flaming. I would like if it got some sort of buff so that it would better against light vehicles.

The croc's flamer is also directional. You wanna shoot something, the tank has to turn. Armadillo's point about its turret is a big deal, you can keep your front facing the AT and shoot at whatever you want. I'm a big fan of KV-8s as is right now, I don't think they need any changes. Underused and underrated unit.