[OKW][ALL]Stuka zu Fuß squad wiping performance

2 years ago
Sri_vakaSri_vaka India Posts: 45
edited February 2017 in Balance Feedback

WBP versions transformed T70 from squad wiping light vehicle to a more consistent model killing vehicle. This has a very positive impact on game imo. I think the same should be done with Stuka half-track as it is very good at taking down multiple squads. Many people complain that it's a great risk to start with stuka etc, but the reward is also far too good. So the risk vs reward in this case, is not very consistent imho.

Possible Solutions:
1. Reduce the damage, little bit of its cost and armor. (Thus making it to tough to micro and attain quick vet)
2. Move it to schwerer HQ and place some other unit. (Not a good idea imo)

Any other solutions/opinions are welcomed.
I hope the inconsistency of stuka will be addressed soon. There were some old threads on this but they were before wbp and were not taking to a greater pitch.

Comments

2 years ago

Number 2 is the best solution. it is suicide to build one of these in 1v1 early game, but in 3v3 and 4v4 is is quite common.

2 years ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,268
    edited February 2017

The only complaint I have related to the walking stuka isn't even the fault of the unit itself. I'm not a fan of the inconsistency in its building damage across different maps. Visually you can tell which buildings are flimsier so its not a huge deal, but I'm referring to the trend of Eastern Front Maps having Popsicle stick shacks vs. WFA maps tending to have much sturdier buildings. Again the visual cue is there, and this goes way beyond the walking stuka so maybe I'm just being picky. But I just don't like how it can wipe some of the bigger EFA buildings with just a few rockets from one volley meanwhile some of smaller WFA ones will take a couple and still be standing.

It's most noticeable with the walking stuka because of the raw power of the rockets, but this really goes for any explosives. Grenades also seem too powerful for EFA structures.

2 years ago

The Walking Stuka is the same as the Sturmtiger: great vs. people who can't/won't micro, waste of resources vs. decent players.

2 years ago
    Selvy289Selvy289 Posts: 172
    The only thing that annoys me about the walking stuka is it's damage to buildings and wipe ability to support weapons (AT guns for instance) althrough, thats is all it really is good at (althrough I do hate how it can desroy katyusha in a direct hit).
    2 years ago
    @Selvy289 a pwerfer or lefh will also ohk a katy, 160hp doesnt leave much room for error, but if a walking stuka gets in range of your katy thats an error in unit positioning
    2 years ago
    If anyting the katy can use a price reduction, its to expensive for what it brings to the talbe and is destroyed way to easy.
    2 years ago
    Farra13Farra13 Posts: 647

@TheLeveler83 Its the exact same cost as the Panzerwerfer, except its much easier/cheaper to tech to, the pair of them (land mattress excluded due to cp requirements) are the cheapest rocket arty, with the exact same survivability (though debatable as the P-werfer needs to be basically next to its target to have any real effect). A price decrease would just see them spammed more than they are in everything above 1v1, this game has enough problems with arty wars without people asking for said arty to get cheaper. If anything its stationary howis (LEFH, B4 and ML-20) that need price reductions/adjustments (something like 400mp 50fuel for example).

2 years ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,593

@CartoonVillain said:
    The Walking Stuka is the same as the Sturmtiger: great vs. people who can't/won't micro, waste of resources vs. decent players.

Not even close.
    Stuka gives you sound warning at least.

Sturmtiger gives you no warning at all and wipes instantly from the cover of FoW/los blockers.

2 years ago
    They katy needs to move forwards just as far as the pwerfer with a longer barrage time to do more then change the terrain. And the katy cant take any return fire unlike pwerfer.

When i see the katty and the other rocket arty, the katty is not in their legue.
    2 years ago
    Farra13Farra13 Posts: 647

@TheLeveler83 said:
    They katy needs to move forwards just as far as the pwerfer with a longer barrage time to do more then change the terrain. And the katy cant take any return fire unlike pwerfer.

1. The Katy is not a tool designed primarily to kill units, its a saturation weapon, its supposed to dislodge a defensive position and force them to move or suffer under four full waves of rockets, at close range then yes a Katy is very dangerous but it still works at long range. The P-werfer is a blob punisher, its a burst weapon designed to maim infantry, but to be effective it needs to be right up close to do its a job, something the katy doesn't suffer.
    2. They have nearly the exact same defensive stats (same health. target size and such little armour that is basically non-existent, Katy - 7, p-werfer 20)

When i see the katty and the other rocket arty, the katty is not in their legue.

Its not overly expensive or hard to tech to, and when paired up is excellent at killing things with a combined barrage. If you want something designed to both saturate and kill, just pick the USF calliope.... that thing is just better in every single way and then some.

2 years ago
    Yes i get that its there for saturation. But when i am at the reciving end i mostly dont move my mgs or pack and i loose if any at all 1 or 2 models. Only when he has 2 or more katys firing at once or he fires from very close range do you need to move or get wrecked.

As you say to be able break/dislodge the enemy position u need 2 mostly 1 doesnt cut it. Gerry will be like thats cute and just go about his bussines. Again as you say galliope and land matras do the job a lot better.

It basicly needs another katy to be effective or be really close to the front and small arms wrecks it. so that is why i think it could be somewhat cheaper.