[WFA] Nerf repair speeds

1 week ago
SquishyMuffinSquishyMu… Posts: 215
edited February 13 in Balance Feedback

A lot of EFAs cannot get back into the fight anywhere near as quickly as WFA. I'd much prefer there being more risk and punishment for being heavily wounded on both sides.

These polls are fun aren't they!

Currently, for example: 2 Comets vs a Tiger and Panther. The Comets will just win. Even if the engagement is 'equal' and both take damage. The UKF faction can get those tanks up to speed x2 as fast as the Wehr player can. Meaning overall, you can just push and push and push. This is completely disregarding all the cheap insta smoke repair abilities and the fact that the RE's are just better in every single way. Jeez UKF are incredible OP atm, soz, have to reinforce it - back on topic:

USF can repair from their tanks to begin with.

OKW is tricky(?). Because like Wehr, they generally can not get as many tanks out as Allied factions. So if they also get nerfed I'd want the sturm repair upgrade to remain. Wehr pioneers vet 2 has to remain too for the same reason.

This is opposed to buffing EFA to WFA levels as I personally prefer a more sluggish engagement involving all units. Not just tank on tank late game action.

(You could also make another discussion on what should be done for the stupid movement penalties on the older factions.)

[WFA] Nerf repair speeds

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

1 week ago
    Yes, nerf their repair speeds.

i think that in the case of ost its also because of high hp pools on the tiger and panther that greatly effect the time of repairs. maybe i am wrong but this is a thought.

Okw have a microless auto repair station non doc (and FRP) i think it would be unfair to make a exception for them, just like pio,s. it would be a massive buff to axis and an hard nerf to allies imo.

I presume you want to nerf the CE 50% repair speeds at vet 2? i can be wrong and mis read this.
    soviets fight with more vehicles at once with lower armour/hp values vs better armour/at options, the CE have more work to do most of the time when compared to other faction imo.

if we nerf the wfa repair speeds wich i think will help, no exceptions should be made. The priveligd factions needs to disappear and thank god okw doesnt have that status anymore. (yes i know ukf)

1 week ago
    SquishyMuffinSquishyMu… Posts: 215
    edited February 13

@TheLeveler83 said:

I presume you want to nerf the CE 50% repair speeds at vet 2? i can be wrong and mis read this.

I didn't even know they also got a vet2 repair speed bonus. I thought it was the Pios only due to the reasons you mentioned (higher health pool, less tanks so more priority). So I don't know - to answer your question lol.

In regards to vs. Wehr, Soviets have a few 'microless' doctrinal repair abilities too (conscript repair also but bit of micro).

Of course when devising a plan regarding repair speeds I personally do not want to see a flat rate across all factions. I want each faction to be taken into consideration with love and care to suit their playstyle. But everything is technically fine with EFA right? Just bringing down the WFAs should be enough??

@Farra13 That is helpful to know thanks. Maybe you could put it into a 'spoiler' though as it's rather long lol.

1 week ago
    TheLeveler83TheLevele… Posts: 323
    edited February 13
    Yes i believe efa army repair is fine imo. And doctrines can augment them to good effect.

And bringing wfa repair down to efa should help balance. We should check how it effect the faction and not just make it the same.
    1 week ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,096
    edited February 13

This is an issue that is not restricted to repair speed only but the utility in general.

WFA engineer can equip AT weapon, Lmg and some of them can have 5 members thus they can act both a fighting infantry and as repair unit.

Imo:
    1) the repair speed of all unit should (except SP/heavy Sappers) should be normalized
    2) Build repair speed vet bonus should be removed
    3) minesweeper and weapon should be mutually exclusives
    4) minesweepers should provide bonus repair/build speed, bonus repair/build speed via veterancy and possibly either veterancy via build/repairs or shared veterancy with vehicles.

Special case should be SP and Heavy Sapper:

SP could be changed, to be toned down a bit maybe start with 2 mp44 2 mp40 and have pop reduced possibly price also, so that OKW have less problem vs mines/demos.

Heavy sapper could split into separate units a fighting unit with no repair speed bonuses with the Vickers K and less speed penalty (maybe less armor) and another version of the Sapper with no weapon but the reaper speed buff.

1 week ago
    TheLeveler83TheLevele… Posts: 323
    edited February 13
    Vipper

Your third point in relation to soviet engies.
    So 2x ptrs to combat engineers? Instead of cons or penals?

Would solve the lack of non doc hand held at, and keep penals and cons relevant in their current roles wile also take away the depence on guards.

To bad its out of scope.
    1 week ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,096
    edited February 13

@TheLeveler83 said:
    Vipper

Your third point in relation to soviet engies.
    So 2x ptrs to combat engineers? Instead of cons or penals?

Would solve the lack of non doc hand held at, and keep penals and cons relevant in their current roles wile also take away the depence on guards.

To bad its out of scope.

Hand held AT weapon on squads with more than 4 members have proven problematic. 2 PTRS on CE could prove a solution but I am not sure what the actual problem is.

If Soviet as a faction actually need stock hand held (AT weapon and that is a if) I would op of complete redesign of the Soviet faction.

In the initial designed each faction had specific strong point and weakness. Patch by patch allot of the weakness of some faction have been ironed out but their strength have not.

Soviet faction designed included heavy reliance on call-in unit and thus Soviet have a wide array of call-in units available (almost in every doctrine) and some of those units are very cost efficient.

If Soviets continue to become more similar to other faction and get non doctrinal hand held AT I would rather have the whole faction and commanders redesigned.

Generally Imo EFA are better designed and where more balanced, so it is the WFA that need to be toned to EFA levels and not the other way round.

1 week ago
    The other faction are already more simaler then soviet is to them. Soviets are strange duck in the pond imo.

Every faction has non doc hand held at a decent non doc medium tank, better at options on inf or field guns, good main line inf (penals are not main line) but soviets are good in getting a larger army and outlast/swarm the enemy.

I think faction difference is good and i woudnt change much with soviets currently, only to kill the heavy reliance on guards and opening the faction to all its commanders.
    1 week ago
    BigBearBigBear Posts: 90

Definitely the UKF needs a reduction, or at least normalize so all factions repair at a similar speed. I do also think there should be the ability of all engineers to increase speed with veterancy though, to be fair.

1 week ago
    VutherVuther Posts: 2,127

Yeah, how fast WFA and UKF tanks can come back ain't right. It's about as fast as the time it'll take a player to reinforce all their infantry, really.

@BigBear said:
    Definitely the UKF needs a reduction, or at least normalize so all factions repair at a similar speed. I do also think there should be the ability of all engineers to increase speed with veterancy though, to be fair.

They all already gain repair speed from veterancy. The problem probably lies more in that EF engineers have no chance of ever gaining it with minesweepers.

1 week ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… At TenagraPosts: 1,401

@Vuther said:
    They all already gain repair speed from veterancy. The problem probably lies more in that EF engineers have no chance of ever gaining it with minesweepers.

Always thought it was kinda weird for the WFA to have combat effective engineers even with sweepers, but with EFA it makes them worth little more than LOS in combat. You can still put 2 weapons on a RE sweeper squad, and Sturms can stow theirs plus get a repair speed buff for having it.

1 week ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 5,850

@SkysTheLimit said:

@Vuther said:

Always thought it was kinda weird for the WFA to have combat effective engineers even with sweepers, but with EFA it makes them worth little more than LOS in combat. You can still put 2 weapons on a RE sweeper squad, and Sturms can stow theirs plus get a repair speed buff for having it.

WFA combat effective engineers is a slight exaggeration and each faction needs to be evaluated separately here.
    In OKW case, they are rather expensive, mandatory and you can't afford to lose them, they also got plenty of roles to fill and are only early game close range infantry, so their combat performance is justified.

In USF case, RETs are anything but combat effective after all the nerfs and moving 5th man to vet3 from vet2.

In UKF case, they are again, the only close range unit the faction has out of doctrine(and commandos don't scale, so they are exclusively ambush troops) and are locked behind tech, which also is a justification for their combat capabilities.

Now, Pios got combat buff with WBM, which only leaves CEs as completely combat impotent, if it was up to me, I'd go with them osttruppen way, with lower damage per shot and higher accuracy to keep DPS the same, increase reliability of dealing damage and allowing them to vet up with sweeper.

1 week ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… At TenagraPosts: 1,401
    edited February 14

@Katitof said:
    In USF case, RETs are anything but combat effective after all the nerfs and moving 5th man to vet3 from vet2.

I said they can still be combat effective with a sweeper because you can put 2 weapons on them still, which makes them vet up a lot faster, especially if its zooks. They are plenty combat effective with either weapon, and they vet up wicked easily. Not very difficult to get your opening REs to vet 1 in their first engagement, especially if you have a building.

I'm not saying the engineers are OP individually, just that from an overall perspective, it fits in with the general model of EFA tools being less versatile.

1 week ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 4,387
    U think efa engies should be the standard, ukf sapper could easily repair slower and more like ost, this would incentivise using anvil more if they find themselves repairing roo much (or use smoke/crew repairs, or add am extra man)

Sturms i actually think are fine given their role in their army, maybe lock the bonus repair speed behind the repair truck (and revert the med kit cost reduction but add that as a side benifit to the med truck?)
    But as said, they are expensive and preform many roles

RE should probably repair like conscripts tbh... Every usf vehicle can repair itself for Christ sake RE are already pretty flexible i dont see a reason for speedy fixy.

Western factions as a whole are less punishing, they all have frp wo reward failed infantry pushes amd fast fixes to keep their armour pushing. This is a stark contrast to EFA who need to retreat with caution because its a long trek back to the front and armour that takes damage/blows a mine arnt in peak operational condition before the enemy can close the gap....
    1 week ago
    PastulioPastulio Posts: 2,007
    edited February 17

I just don't like "Company of Tanks". Nerf ALL.

FFS tank repair is free. At least make it long. And add combat bonuses instead of repair.

1 week ago
    comrade_daelincomrade_d… Posts: 2,871

I'd go for a compromise and slightly nerf WFA repair speed, while slightly buffing EFA repair speed.