Dosenöffner (ISU-152) [soviet]

5 months ago
MakcumMakcum Posts: 68
edited March 18 in Balance Feedback

Problem
As you can guess, i want say about ISU-152. I understand what concept have this assault gun in game. But its bad concept. You turned best antitank machine to antipersonel, that can be worst thing what you ever did. Now its unuseful expensive trash but it can be one of the best allies tank destroyer.

Solution
I think need just delete switching armor-piercing and high-explosive shell (this tank must use only high-explosive) and give him damage like jagdtiger and not always but frequent penetrations . Also it can have light armor to fit in soviet concept

Tagged:

Comments

5 months ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 4,800
    A "heavy" TD like elefants and jagdtigers dont fit in the allied lineup because the axis pay so much for their tanks and are *supposed to* be advantaged in the armour department.

To exploit an enemies weakness is one thing, to eliminate their strength is another thing entirely
    5 months ago

ISU-152 costs more than elefant

5 months ago
    edited March 18

i think, ISU-152 can have damage like jagdtiger but without good armor and not always pin and its will be balance, because now ISU is trash for what this tank was added in game?

5 months ago
    Isu is more expensive because its multi role. Its fine as is and fits into the soviet faction. A JT lite would not
    5 months ago

Yeah, and go back to 2015 to ISU-Elefant wars era. No, thank you.

5 months ago

But this gun better than have jagdtiger and without armor it will concedes other tank destroyer. No one skillful gamer will not use this tank because this too expencive for machine that can normally kill only infantry

5 months ago
    edited March 18

@Exterminatus написал:
    Yeah, and go back to 2015 to ISU-Elefant wars era. No, thank you.

But this machines really fought against each other. Or your decision nerf your opponent?

5 months ago
    edited March 18

I understand concept allies and axis but, i think, concepts unsuitable in games about WW2.

5 months ago

Also i can say that exactly concepts broken all balance in game with unbalanced axis and more unbalanced british forces

5 months ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 3,676

@Makcum said:
    I understand concept allies and axis but, i think, concepts unsuitable in games about WW2.

Too bad. This community and more importantly, Relic, the people who design the game, believe concepts are suitable in games about WW2.

You can always get a refund if you don't like it.

5 months ago
    edited March 18

@Lazarus написал:

@Makcum said:

Too bad. This community and more importantly, Relic, the people who design the game, believe concepts are suitable in games about WW2.

You can always get a refund if you don't like it.

What refund? And even if keep this concepts you can just give damage this tank destroyer and nerf armor. Without damage its trash. I think in balanced game cant be trash units

5 months ago

Refund from steam if this game isn't what you want.

This unit is not a tank destroyer. It is an assault gun. They are not the same. It has damage. Infantry damage. It is not trash.

5 months ago
    edited March 18

@Lazarus написал:

This unit is not a tank destroyer. It is an assault gun. They are not the same. It has damage. Infantry damage. It is not trash.

This "assault gun" splits tigers and panthers. And you want waste 245 fuel for killing infantry?

5 months ago
    You spend 245 fuel to delete infantry from a range unmatched by any other AI unit AND the ability to contribute against armour if needed. You are paying for the ability to out gun and out range. If you dont like it dont pick an isu doctrine, its pretty rare so its easy enough to avoid.
    5 months ago
    edited March 18

But this tank is not intended to kill infantry

5 months ago

@Makcum said:

@Lazarus написал:

This "assault gun" splits tigers and panthers. And you want waste 245 fuel for killing infantry?

I don't waste anything. I pay fuel to wipe out squads and to help destroy tanks.

5 months ago
    edited March 18

@Lazarus написал:

@Makcum said:

@Lazarus написал:

I don't waste anything. I pay fuel to wipe out squads and to help destroy tanks.

Its not rationally to pay 245 fuel to kill infantry, so, i guess, i said right - its waste

5 months ago

@Makcum said:

@Lazarus написал:

@Makcum said:

@Lazarus написал:

Its not rationally to pay 245 fuel to kill infantry, so, i guess, i said right - its waste

No it's not. That's why I use it to kill infantry and tanks. So you said wrong - not waste

5 months ago
    edited March 18

@thedarkarmadillo написал:
    You spend 245 fuel to delete infantry from a range unmatched by any other AI unit AND the ability to contribute against armour if needed. You are paying for the ability to out gun and out range. If you dont like it dont pick an isu doctrine, its pretty rare so its easy enough to avoid.

This machine used to splits tanks but in this game its kill infantry - brilliantly

5 months ago

@Makcum said:

This machine used to splits tanks but in this game its kill infantry - brilliantly

This is not a simulation. Play Men of War if you want a simulation. This is a game that is decided by balance first, history second.

5 months ago
    edited March 18

@Lazarus написал:

@Makcum said:

@Lazarus написал:

@Makcum said:

@Lazarus написал:

No it's not. That's why I use it to kill infantry and tanks. So you said wrong - not waste

Switch to destroy tanks occurs too slow, and even you right away have armorpiersing shell, smart opponent is not afraid of this tank, becouse its have low damage, and just twists him. This tank not effective to destroy tanks in this game and for kill infantry not really too

5 months ago
    edited March 18

@Lazarus написал:

@Makcum said:

This is not a simulation. Play Men of War if you want a simulation. This is a game that is decided by balance first, history second.

But there is no balance and no history. Men of war and with balance and with history together. So, i think, history gives balance

5 months ago
    If you are callimg it in without support expecting it to be all end all you are a bit late as that time has passed. Its like a tiger ace. Its a part of your army, not the whole thing. Use it to hit the enemy where it hurts- their vetted infantry OR make use of the the massive 240 damage per shell AP shell, its flexible, but not a dooms day device

The game has to be fun for the enemy too you know
    5 months ago

@Makcum said:

@Lazarus написал:

@Makcum said:

But there is no balance and no history. Men of war and with balance and with history together. So, i think, history gives balance

That's nice, but wrong. There is balance, and some history. If you want history play Men of War. Don't buy CoH and then tell us it's not Men of War. We already know that.

5 months ago

If you are callimg it in without support expecting it to be all end all you are a bit late as that time has passed. Its like a tiger ace. Its a part of your army, not the whole thing. Use it to hit the enemy where it hurts- their vetted infantry OR make use of the the massive 240 damage per shell AP shell, its flexible, but not a dooms day device

The game has to be fun for the enemy too you know

But jagdtiger can answer when he alone, this tank cant. And use t-34 for cover this tank not effective, when against you uses axis tanks, but you cant cover with su-76

5 months ago
    edited March 18

@Lazarus написал:

@Makcum said:

@Lazarus написал:

@Makcum said:

That's nice, but wrong. There is balance, and some history. If you want history play Men of War. Don't buy CoH and then tell us it's not Men of War. We already know that.

You want say that axis balanced in this game, when their cheap pz4 ricochets not worse than panthers, and british forces that good at all. They have best infantry that can with brens kill mg, when they supressed, boforce, that defend and kill all enemies before appear tanks, best tanks (comets) that have armor like panthers, best guns like firefly, but that can kill infantry also, best speed like pz-4?

5 months ago
    edited March 18

@Makcum написал:

@Lazarus написал:

@Makcum said:

@Lazarus написал:

@Makcum said:

You want say that axis balanced in this game, when their cheap pz4 ricochets not worse than panthers, and british forces that good at all. They have best infantry that can with brens kill mg, when they supressed, boforce, that defend and kill all enemies before appear tanks, best tanks (comets) that have armor like panthers, best guns like firefly, but that can kill infantry also, best speed like pz-4?

Try win british forces by soviet, if your opponent not noob, you cant do it

5 months ago
    edited March 18

@Makcum said:

@Makcum написал:

@Lazarus написал:

@Makcum said:

@Lazarus написал:

@Makcum said:

Try win british forces by soviet, you cant do it

The game is not balanced around Allies vs Allies - only Allies vs Axis. If you are playing custom games do not expect balance.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=799500210 use that to get old OP ISU-152 for custom games so competitive games can remain balanced.

5 months ago
    edited March 18

@Lazarus написал:

@Makcum said:

@Makcum написал:

@Lazarus написал:

@Makcum said:

@Lazarus написал:

@Makcum said:

Try win british forces by soviet, you cant do it

The game is not balanced around Allies vs Allies - only Allies vs Axis. If you are playing custom games do not expect balance.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=799500210 use that to get old OP ISU-152 for custom games so competitive games can remain balanced.

Just soviet flawed and british forces are gods of war in this game

5 months ago
    MeowMeow Posts: 165

Dude you are annoying sorry to say that , you want a soviet TD , this is a balance forum where we should give feedback about units in game. You say its thrash because it can't kill tanks like jagdtiger , elephant which have zero anti infantry capabilities. Also as we know ISU 152 was beast in world war 2 , but this is not a simulator of ww2 , it has some realistic elements but to suit a pleasurable and balanced gameplay , ISU should be used as long range support tank which has phenomenal anti infantry , allowing you to secure 1 victory point no problem.

ISU should be firing whole time WHY ? 70 Range only few units can punch it back , elephant , jagdtiger , packs 88.
    Maybe its not soo great when it comes to DPS vs tanks , it shouldn't be , it can also kill infantry. ISU is awesome.