Company of heroes 2 Avast Virus Detected Win32.BogEnt

2 years ago
AliAAliA Posts: 5
edited March 2017 in Bug Reporting
Hi guys i have been a long time player of company of heroes 2 and i don't understand when a update came through for this game it was automatically installing in steam and then all of a sudden avast told me WorldBuilder_CoH2.exe has a virus named as Win32.BogEnt[Susp]llalgo;

No idea what this is and i have no idea if this is a false positive or a actual virus. Anyone else experienced this? Thanks, I have attached a pic of this problem with this post, This is a game i have on Steam I redeemed the code in my Steam client it's not a pirated game. Any help would be great. Any additional information you require please just ask me.

Thank you

I was adviced to add this here buy a member from this forum.

Comments

2 years ago
    edited March 2017
    I have uploaded another pic of the issue regarding company of heroes 2
    2 years ago
    This is another pic of the issue
    2 years ago

in avast u can send this as a false positive, coh2 can't do nothing about this.
    do u need help making the game run again?

2 years ago
    dukejasondukejason Posts: 1,368 mod

The avast software can cause major problems with coh2,best bet is to uninstall both programs and reinstall coh2. i would recommend malwarebytes for protection: https://www.malwarebytes.com/

Avast is garbage software that does not really work.[my opinion]

2 years ago
    NguyenGiapNguyenGiap Posts: 5
    edited March 2017

Thats your opinion dukejason and its not important here, i´ve had avast for many years without any problem except with CoH2 in some updates namely the last update a few days ago.

So rather than change my anti virus programme according to what the programmers in the CoH2 team are capable of doing, i´d try to squash the bug causing this problem instead of talking about other ppl´s software which obviously will not do anything to better this crash

2 years ago
    dukejasondukejason Posts: 1,368 mod

Avast is a sub par anti virus that does not work or keep your system safe,relic has repeatedly told avast of this issue and let them know there is no threat,but they have not released a fix.