SCAR/LUA help needed

1 year ago
JLXJLX Ottawa, CanadaPosts: 28

I have a game mode mod with the following in a .scar file:

local function MyFunction_OnInit()
    for i = 1, World_GetPlayerCount() do
        local player = World_GetPlayerAt(i)
        local playername = Player_GetDisplayName(player)
        UI_SystemMessageShow(playername)            -- This displays playername correctly
        if playername=="SomePlayerName" then        -- This never evaluates to true...
            DoStuff()                           -- ...so, this is never executed
        end
    end
end

Scar_AddInit(MyFunction_OnInit)

I'm new to LUA but see that Player_GetDisplayName() returns a LocString while I assume that "somePlayerName" is a regular String. Is there a type issue? I tried tostring(playername) == "SomePlayerName" but that didn't work either.

What am I missing?

Comments

11 months ago
    eliw00deliw00d Posts: 1,086
    edited June 2017

Unfortunately Lua's tostring won't work for this. You just have to access the part of the LocString that has a string, like so:

local playername = Player_GetDisplayName(player)[1]