(BUG) Stuck at 1st mission (Ardennes Assault Campaign) Please help

2 years ago
StonoStono Posts: 3
edited April 2017 in Bug Reporting

Hi,
Can't unlock Bar rifle pack to continue with the quest. (Quest: when you get Wolverine and two Stuarts).

Screen:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/88225128359869188/20A1EA3969041993B9CE3FD4739B15EC5C28C7A5/

Steam forum Topic (it does not work to more people.They have the same issue):
https://steamcommunity.com/app/231430/discussions/0/135512931355975914/

Thank you for your help

Comments

2 years ago
    dukejasondukejason Posts: 1,380 mod

What are your specs for pc?

Can you please verify the cache in properties.

2 years ago
    edited April 2017

Processor: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3
    GPU MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
    motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 GAMING - Intel Z97
    RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866

All files were successfully verified

2 years ago

Now Whole game crashed when I try to start campaign......

2 years ago

Got same issue here, please do check the Steam forum where you have more examples - https://steamcommunity.com/app/231430/discussions/0/135512931355975914/?ctp=2

2 years ago

I've just started playing ardennes assault for the first time and i've actually restarted the mission, but it keeps breaking at the same point. I have to build the BAR Weapon post and it doesn't register when i've done that.

All files were validated.

2 years ago

Same issue here. Was just trying this for the first time.. not a good experience now that I bought it.

2 years ago

I'm having the same problem, Only bought the game a couple of days ago and its really grinding my nerves. Pay that money and I'm just getting a disc space sponge pretty much... Gah, false advertisement at its best! :(

2 years ago
    Mr_SmithMr_Smith Posts: 343

I haven't played Ardennes Assault in a long-long while

From the screenshot, I can tell that Bars and Bazookas are bundled in the same upgrade (as is the case in the multiplayer for many months now).

Does somebody remember whether the upgrades are meant to be still separate for Ardennes Assault? (i.e., separate upgrade for Bar and Bazooka)?

If somebody could please recall this, that would help us narrow down the cause of the problem really fast.

2 years ago
    As far as I remember they were seperate. I've narrowed it down to the "my games" folder in documents. If you label your current one "old" and allow it to auto-generate a new one. You can play the first mission but then will get bug splatted when you try to play another.
    2 years ago

I have made relic aware of issue.

2 years ago

Tried renaming the folder, but still stuck at exactly the same place.

2 years ago
    Nicks02Nicks02 Posts: 5

Have the exact same problem. First I got stuck in the mission on unlock Bar rifle then I resign the mission and now I cannot start the campain again,

I reinstalled the game but still the same problem cannot start the campain.

2 years ago
    helicidahelicida Posts: 1

Buyed the game yesterday, I have the same bug. Fix it, please.

2 years ago
    Kyle_REKyle_RE Posts: 483 admin

Hey everyone, we are currently investigating this issue and hope to have it resolved soon. If all goes well, we are aiming to release a fix by early next week. Apologies for the troubles and thanks for your patience.

2 years ago

@Kyle_RE said:
    Hey everyone, we are currently investigating this issue and hope to have it resolved soon. If all goes well, we are aiming to release a fix by early next week. Apologies for the troubles and thanks for your patience.

Hi Kyle ive experienced my first bug in the first mission on adrennes assault. After you capture the radio tower and the cut scene starts, it immediately crashes. Done everything, reinstall, verify cache, changed graphics to recommended settings but still crashes. Please help. I just bought the game yesterday. Complete edition.

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_ltsb.170204-0600)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
    System Model: System Product Name
    BIOS: 0403
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
    Memory: 32768MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 32696MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 980
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13C0&SUBSYS_29803842&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 20294 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 3945 MB
    Shared Memory: 16348 MB

2 years ago

Crash Report #1584433

2 years ago

Just bought the game today as well and I'm having the same issue. I upgraded the BAR package and equipped the gun to the 3 squad units. Still I am not getting credit for the upgrade and the equip. I am stuck within minutes of playing the game.... If they won't fix it can I get a refund?

2 years ago
    arystophelesarystophe… Posts: 1
    edited April 2017

got the same issue, when it will be fixed?

2 years ago
    LocainLocain Posts: 2

What exactly constitutes "next week"?

Wednesday here and still nothing.?

2 years ago
    MilandroMilandro Posts: 2
    edited April 2017

I bought this expansion a few days ago and have been unable to play it. Any updates would be appreciated!

2 years ago

@Kyle_RE said:

this "next week" is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long

2 years ago
    LocainLocain Posts: 2

I know I'm one impatient bastard, but really?

You effectively sold us a game that doesn't work. I paid money for this singleplayer only game and it simply doesn't work.
    "Here's your new car Sir. The engine runs but it has no wheels!"
    Come on with a patch date at least. Last week you said "next week", and then we've heard nothing since.
    Fix your damned product people!

2 years ago

The Fix is out and should solve all issues. thanks for your patience.

2 years ago
    Nicks02Nicks02 Posts: 5

Hi, I have reinstalled the game after the patch was released and now I can play the first mission. But when after choosing companies and are going to start the second mission the game crashes again. "Bug Splash"! Also when trying to restart the game it crashes again when hitting the "Attack" button.

2 years ago
    SumitisSumitis Posts: 7

I still can't load the first mission of Ardennes Assault. The update was installed automatically yesterday, but it doesn't change anything for me.

2 years ago
    SumitisSumitis Posts: 7
    edited April 2017

By saying "the first mission", I mean the first that we can't skip.
    EDIT: I just tried, and both missions can't load anyway.

2 years ago
    heisianheisian Posts: 8

I bought the game thourgh Steam, not sure if it updated or not. Well I tried playing my saved game where the BAR wouldn't unlock, and, well, the objective still doesn't get completed. BAR was unlocked in the saved game but objective still stays uncleared.

2 years ago

replayed the beginning for the third time.. still doesn't do shit and can't get past unlocking BAR.

2 years ago
    edited April 2017

A WHOLE LOTTA NOPE.

2 years ago

welp, I didn't want to but i'm issuing a refund. ironically one could probably find a "trial" version of the game that doesn't have this ridiculous bug.