Green cover

2 months ago

Hi. We all know it, yet no one does anything about it. So let me explain, even though we are all aware of it.

So, my squad is happily in green cover, a bit clumped, it's a tiny wall, but all is dandy so far. Then, a grenade comes in, all over the wall, and guess what: the grenade drops down exactly behind the wall. Really? Grenade went through the wall? How? We never see nade bounce off wall. Nor we see a red zone saying nade will bounce off wall. No, we just see nades passing through walls happily. Wiping squads. Entire squads. Why entire squads? Because they are clumped together. And you can't control individual squad members.

So:
1) nades passing through objects
2) clumping in cover

Someone do something about it please, quickly, it's becoming reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally annoying!

Thanks!

Comments

2 months ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 3,619
    Nades will never wipe an entire squad through green cover unless theyre already wounded. There is a 50% damage reduction applied in these situations as long as it passes from one side of the wall to the other. This is to make clumping in green cover less of a liability to you.
    2 months ago
    BaálthazorBaálthazor The shoreline by the river Styx.Posts: 928
    Green cover means less damage from explosive projectiles, period!

I'm all for adjusting the balance issues of this game(of which there are many..!), but infantry units in green cover suffering from the very weaponry which is surposed to counter them is.., not very high on my wish-list...

Move your units or face extinction..!
    2 months ago
    VutherVuther Posts: 2,129

Grenades will pretty much ignore whatever's in the way to their direct target. Fortunately, as said, grenades will only do half damage when tossed through green cover (but it won't if tossed from the other side of the cover in the first place...). The yellow cover's the real stuff to watch out for, there's no damage reduction to aid infantry squads there.

2 months ago
    PotatoMArkPotatoMArk Posts: 16

green cover is too strong for sit but too wek for enemy lots of troop. maybe make not cover bedder so troop in cover do good but not too strog?

1 week ago
    SAY_MY_NAMESAY_MY_NA… Posts: 76

You don't put troops in cover until engagements start.
    And surely you don't stay behind a wall if you think the enemy spotted you....................