[SOV] Is the DShK balanced?

13»

Comments

2 years ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,271
    edited May 2017

Right now I honestly treat cons at as snare units more than anything else. If I'm getting more than 2 of them its only to have snares widely available on the field; unless my commander has a ppsh package but penals are still a better AI option even without flamer IMO, so I haven't gone for them in a while. PPsh cons are very good no doubt, but I'm not sure non-docing that ability is the way to go.

I kinda like the idea of them not having an weapon upgrade without doctrine, the molly just needs to be less useless and their accuracy needs to be a little better with less damage so they are more reliable. Only thing that'll do is make them worse against kubels, but soviets have plenty of options at start for dealing with that, unlike US.

The maxim got nerfed and their core infantry are easily the worst. They are the only faction with a doctrinal alternate MG, that also happens to be very very good. Of course they are going to use it a ton, but just because lots of people are using it, doesn't mean it's enormously OP either. It's a combination of lack of alternatives w/ and MG that is very powerful, but for its cost and timing I still don't see it as being OP. The Dshk has been this good for ages, and it's still the easiest MG in the game to flank.

2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,822
    Only change i think i would like to see on the DSHK would be removal of sprint and maybe +1 sec on set up so its a little less easy to use, i would even go as far as to reduce its supression in favour of a smidge more pen and throw sustained fire on it as vet 1 (it has more than enough dps to get that). But fundamentally, it should be a beast. The most expensive and smallest arc means things inside its arc should feel the hurt.
    2 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,066
    On the note of the DSHK I think something thats important to remember when adjusting it is doctrine. Honestly Lend Lease reminds me a lot of release Rifle Company - where no individual element of the doctrine stood out as particularly OP (well... Rifle Flamers and free Vet but shhhh) but rather the combination as a whole just provided you with everything you needed at every step to dominate your opponent.

Rather than outright nerfing the DSHK so it fits in Lend Lease, it very much may be worth changing Lend Lease so that it fits the DSHK, or replacing the DSHK with something else like some WFA abilities (WP on mortar, HVAP on ZiS, Mk 2s for Penals, carbine package for cons, stuff like that)
    2 years ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,271

@Lazarus said:
    Rather than outright nerfing the DSHK so it fits in Lend Lease, it very much may be worth changing Lend Lease so that it fits the DSHK, or replacing the DSHK with something else like some WFA abilities (WP on mortar, HVAP on ZiS, Mk 2s for Penals, carbine package for cons, stuff like that)

Well they want to swap the assault guards weapons out for Thompsons and Zooks which is a cool idea (in the thread you linked to). If they go the route of nerfing the Dshk they could turn the lend-lease halftrack into a weapon dropper like the British one. I think to prevent absurdity the weapons would need to be restricted to cons, cause penals with zooks and an AT satchel seems dangerous, and they're good enough at AI as is.