[ALL] Team Game Dominant Meta Discussion

13»

Comments

2 years ago
    SquishyMuffinSquishyMu… Posts: 434

@RiCE said:
    I think mortar spam is still a thing. It's not a rare sight to see 2 or 3 mortar per player in a team game. This is a meta which should be looked at.

I don't know the exact numbers, but it feels like mortar auto-fire is accurate and rewarding enough to spam these units. You just put them in range, and your enemy bleeds.

• I think mortar auto-fire mode should have much worse rate of fire and scatter. People should use barrage mode over auto-fire since at least it require some attention from the player.

This is better than the 'unofficial balance team's' suggestion of lowering the range of mortar's auto ...and barrage. I don't like that for immersions sake; I don't like mortars having to be in grenade range. The game's scale is small as it is.

2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,821
    I agree that barrage should be where mortars shine, even though most players use attack ground as primary bombardment there is a reason barrage has a cooldown, that reason should be because its good. So many features in this game get bypassed because they are so inefficient

Also anyone know why the mortar pits different shells were removed? (I didnt have the SSD space at the time to get in on the beta) because that sounded like a FANTASTIC feature...
    2 years ago
    KurfürstKurfürst Posts: 289

@RiCE said:
    I think mortar spam is still a thing. It's not a rare sight to see 2 or 3 mortar per player in a team game. This is a meta which should be looked at.

Its a cheese spiral. Cause and effect. Playing against UKF, you know they will spam emplacements and/or double Bren Tommies that mop the floor with your infantry, so preemptive double or even triple mortar behind an MG wall is a must.

Same with the so called "superheavy TD meta". If you know double BAR/Bren/Penal infantry blobs will mop the floor with your infantry all the tie, and your tanks will be neutralized by overbuffed SU 76/M36 cheese meta, you will save up for a super heavy TD, because there is very little chance to deal with them otherwise. This is reinforced by the fact that neither Penal/Tommy/Rifleman spam hardly needs any kind of anti infantry support, you can just get away with building a mega blob and then switch to TDs to neutralize any late game Axis tank game.

All this would not exist if there would be other ways but until then, players will just make use of what is working. If OST infantry would not be so weak, the Allies would actually need their medium tanks to help out their own infantry. Tip the balance. If emplacements would not require absolutely RIDICULUS amount of firepower to bring them down (health pool + free, instant brace...) you would not see mortar spam all the time but more balanced builds.

2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,821
    @Kurfürst i think has hit it on the head. Allies, for the most part, can lean so hard on their infantry that medium tanks are more of an option that a requirement like it is for the ost for example, and being ABLE to skip mediums means you can get out your TD which negates them.
    I truely dont think the allied TDs would be a problem if the road getting to them wasnt so easily paved...