The foreign doctrine commanders

7 months ago

It could be nice if Relic would team with the community to bring the foreign doctrine commanders to the market asap !!!

Those commanders would be coming into the game bundled with units/abilities of the same country.

As an Example : (i'm sure i've forgotten the most important)

A italian commander coming with new italian units;
A canadian commander coming with new canadian units; (arty)
A australian commander coming with new australian units;
A polish commander coming with new polish units; (Cavalry,why not)
A hungarian commander coming with new hungarian units;
A french commander coming with new french units; (partisans)
An austrian commander coming with new austrian units;
A finnish commander coming with new finnish units; (ski units)

And so on.

Easier to be made and balance then a full fledge DLC.

Sold separately for 3.99 USD.

It would be good for the game and for their bottom line.

I would buy them all !

What do you think ?

Comments

7 months ago
    Top_Haten1Top_Haten1 Posts: 40
    edited May 14

For a new player this huge amount of DLC's may be intimidating, and make them think that COH2 is more of a Pay to win game than it is.

Also it may make COH2 too complicated, at the moment you can remember what every unit does. And what it is good and weak against. I don't want 300 units to remember.

Maybe these units could just be a reskin? Like Scottish units with kilts? Infiltration commandos but French?

Idk

-Top Hat

7 months ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 865

CoH2 was designed to be "pay to win". @Top_Haten1 this game isn't the same like years ago and that is good! xD

First they have to re-design most fractions, increase the volume of nations' abilities without commanders and bring back a more clear structure like in CoH1. That isn't difficult, because most things exist, but you have to mix them in another way. Relic has to walk OVER most peoples mind, so they can create a new kind of game feeling.

7 months ago
    comrade_daelincomrade_d… Posts: 2,948

No thanks, we're not playing Total War where half of a game's roster are really just clones of eachother. Rome II had like 100 units at least, but in reality the difference was like 10-20.
    At least in this game, Jaegers aren't Commandos aren't Rangers aren't Panzergrenadiers. Canadian Infantry Section would literally be Infantry Section but with Canadian voicelines, unless you want to go straight for the fantasy and have them riding bears.

I mean if I want Waffen-SS Leibstandarde Adolf Hitler commander, what would that bring? Grenadiers that operate like, well Grenadiers. I can already just find plenty of Waffen-SS vehicle skins if I wanted that suspension of disbelief.

Commanders were designed to offer different approaches with the general template; they'er not designed to give a different template (ie factions do that). The closest you can do is just make up new commanders but add a national prefix.

7 months ago
    Top_Haten1Top_Haten1 Posts: 40

@Widerstreit Was it designed to be Pay to Win? I don't think it turned out that way.

@comrade_daelin Well i don't know what else Relic could do to be honest. Maybe they could make this one BIG DLC all bound up together rather than 30 little DLC's?

To add to what i have said though i believe Relic should be focusing on other problems than adding some more DLC at the moment.

7 months ago
    Cpt. BlitzCpt. Blitz Posts: 729

I'd much rather see the 6th faction. Japanese Army and some pacific inspired commanders for the USF and UKF

Then we can do the Italian/ Afrika Corp commanders for the Germans and give something to the Russians.

6 months ago
    Mr_RuinMr_Ruin Posts: 58

USF, UKF and OKW could use more commanders cause with current ones there is a few which are usable, others aren't, and that is it. Most commander choices are the same between different players. Several more commanders really wouldn't hurt.

On the other hand Wehr and Sov have a lot of commanders but some are absolutely never used like NKVD. They could be fixed up, maybe even by community ... you don't need anything new, just change an ability or two and voila!

6 months ago
    VoltardarkVoltardark Posts: 45
    edited May 17

Remember that those are not DLCs, but only commanders that would introduced new units or abilities with them.

You would be able to buy them separately in the shop.

Example :
    The Canadian commander could come with some special riflemen, a new mobile unit, some kind of arty and so on like others. So you could buy only that one.

This could be done while we wait for a new faction DLC and help to finance it.

:)

6 months ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,008
    Problem is relic doesnt have the resources to create new...anything. They have balance being outsourced the community, and tbh adding anything more currently just adds more sand to the scale
    6 months ago
    ubermenschubermensch Posts: 42
    edited May 19

Honestly better in my opinion to save the development and future content for COH3. As unfortunate as that sounds considering the wait that will be undergone to get to that point, it would prob be for the best. I just hope Relic doesn't decide to change COHs more foundational mechanics and features like they did DOW.

6 months ago
    VegnaVegna Posts: 872

@Voltardark said:
    Remember that those are not DLCs, but only commanders that would introduced new units or abilities with them.

You would be able to buy them separately in the shop.

Example :
    The Canadian commander could come with some special riflemen, a new mobile unit, some kind of arty and so on like others. So you could buy only that one.

This could be done while we wait for a new faction DLC and help to finance it.

:)

Most of them wont bring new units though and don't have any army to join with.

6 months ago
    GrenadierIT19Grenadier… ItalyPosts: 574

Instead of adding so many DLC commanders, why don't you think about a Commonwealth Nations armies? You could have canadians, aussies, new zealanders, south africans, kenyans, etc.
    They could be matched by the Japanese Army (a DLC with Commonwealth Nations VS Imperial Japan Forces).

About the Italians I believe they should be the 6th faction.
    Also an Italian commander could be given to OKW, giving infantry and some SPGs or anything Relic will think would be ok.

I would give 2 french commanders to the americans, one based on french partisans (maquis, ...) and another one based on Free French Forces.
    USF could also have 1-2 marine corp commanders (if Japanese would ever come to CoH2).

Britishmen could be supported by 2 polish commanders (one about partisans and the other with free polish forces) and a greek commander.

Then Romanians, Hungarians and Finns could be commanders for the OKW because it has fewer commanders than Ostheer. Since OKW has not that great variety of stock infantry units, Finns could be a commander based around infantry and ambush tactics; Romanians could give infantry and defensive tactics, while Hungarians could give infantry and their famous 43M Zrinyi II.

Why austrians? They're already part of the german army.