Regarding 25 Pounder Emplacement Animations

3 years ago
SSGSSG Posts: 10
edited August 2017 in Tuning Packs

I have been working on making a 25 Pounder emplacement for some time. I have successfully made it, however I am having two troubles, first with the animations of gunner and loader to turn (pivot) the gun. They just keep sitting and slide with the gun. Secondly, after every barrage the gun slides back to its original position. Can anybody please guide me how to fix this?

Comments

3 years ago

Just fixed the problems ^_^. Cheers!

3 years ago

Could you describe how you did it? I tried to make a buildable 25-pounder that functions like the ML-20 and leFH 18, but without success.

3 years ago
    edited August 2017

Bro do you want to make emplacement or a simple squad? Because mine is an emplacement.

Can you describe where exactly you are having trouble or what did you try so far? So I can guide you from there. Cheers!

3 years ago

Sorry about the late reply, I'm not here often!

I set it up as a squad, just like the other buildable howitzers. The only thing that doesn't work is attaching the crewmen to the gun - they just stand inside it. Unlike an emplacement, which uses crew_ext, a team weapon uses team_weapon_ext, which has other parameters and I'm not quite sure how to set them.

Here's what I have right now:
    http://i.imgur.com/oMZsVSU.png

You can look at the source files here:
    https://github.com/PlanetSmasherCOH/BritishArmy

Thanks in advance!

3 years ago
    edited August 2017

The easiest way to achieve this is by using 17 Pounder squad in the sbps as a reference. Similarly you need to make two separate ebps e.g. artillery pit & artillery gun, similar to 17 Pounder ebps as well, I am attaching their xml files in .txt format for reference. Try to use the same action_apply_ext as I used for my ebps.

3 years ago

Thanks for the quick answer! My problem is that the vanilla 17- and 25-pounders do not work like team weapons: The soldiers manning the guns are not proper entities and cannot die, they are just animators attached to the gun. But I want the howitzer to work like for the other factions: With a crew of four to six men which can die and be reinforced. For that, I need to use the team_weapon_ext in the 25-pounder entity, not the crew_ext. Just gotta figure out the right values to put in there!

3 years ago

Don't go with team_weapon_ext, try crew_ext. There is some code restriction. The developers designed the 25 pounder to work along the British base buildings, so team_weapon_ext doesn't work on it as it should. You can test the animations in the world builder by using NIS file.