[Wehrmacht] [Automatch] SdKfz 250 Half-track

3 years ago
NapoqeNapoqe Posts: 60
edited July 2017 in Balance Feedback

Hello everyone.

I'm here to start a discussion (if want) and send some suggestions to improve the unit. But why? Because I think the SdKfz 250 Half-track, is weak. I think low hp of the vehicle, no is good, with firepower of the squad from inside, is unbalance. Even though the vehicle will be destroyed , and before, order the squad to leave the vehicle to not die, to use more. Does not make up as is.

My suggestions is to squad inside the vehicle, to be able to use some skills as Panzerfaust. And increases resistance of the vehicle against some rifles and mgs.

Comments

3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,824
    Wosowowowowowow easy there... A pgren squad inside the 250 is hilariously good... Its a clown car from hell, being able to throw hand nukes out of it might be a bit too much.... Additionally high mobility snare might be a bit sketchy
    3 years ago
    SAY_MY_NAMESAY_MY_NA… Posts: 257
    edited July 2017
    ????
    Lmao that would be so op hitler would have won the war with something like that.
    3 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,096

Bundle nades and fausts? Good God no. Giving it shared vet and having the vet 3 bonus be an ability to throw a normal stick grenade with a 2.5 sec timer while there's a garrisoned squad wouldn't be too bad though. It is still made of paper.

3 years ago
    > @Lazarus ha detto:
    > Bundle nades and fausts? Good God no. Giving it shared vet and having the vet 3 bonus be an ability to throw a normal stick grenade with a 2.5 sec timer while there's a garrisoned squad wouldn't be too bad though. It is still made of paper.

Yep this is a good idea
    3 years ago
    RiCERiCE Posts: 1,588
    edited July 2017

I think performance wise the unit is fine. I would rather see a small decrease on its fuel cost.

But i remember when soviet snipers were firing out from clowncars with now restrictions or penalties. So nope... no fausts and nades from HTs imo...

3 years ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 950

Give it same front MG as SdKfz. 251. Give it passive vet like SdKfz. 251. Finished.

3 years ago
    Farra13Farra13 Posts: 647

Be interesting if when the handbrake is applied, it gains a small delay before it can provide light supression in a similar arc to the 50.cal. Something to take both the pressure or reliance of the mg-42, and give a useful tool to help OST early infantry pushes.

3 years ago
    KurfürstKurfürst Posts: 289

Both half-trucks, the 251 especially could use a hefty armor buff to 25, its patently ridiculous given how late they arrive that they can be driven away with just rifle fire (compare to M5). The thing is supposed to give staying power to fragile OST infantry, yet it cant stay there even again BAR/Bren toting guys..

Or some ability. Infantry awareness, really? Give them supression ability or armor piercing rounds, healing, ability cooldown decrease (like Muni halftruck in coh 1) or something.

The 250 is very situational, can be pretty neet though, with Panzergrens inside, they are an enemy snipers worst nightmare. Killed 3 in a row once when they were spammed by UKF... There is nowhere to run from a drive by from this thing. But otherwise, its pretty useless. Too slow, shot to pieces by rifle fire, cant shoot, cant run, cant reinforce... and rather expensive at that.

3 years ago
    edited July 2017

@Widerstreit said:
    Give it same front MG as SdKfz. 251. Give it passive vet like SdKfz. 251. Finished.

If MG is be as of SdKfz 251, I think that still go be weak. Because of mobile combat. Passive vet I no remember.

As I said, I think the vehicle has little resistance. Shoot of some rifles and mgs are giving I think high damage, and so I think it leaves the vehicle useless. If it were more resistant I think in 2x2, 3x3 and 4x4 it would be good to combat teams, and depending units in garrison.

3 years ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951

@Farra13 said:
    Be interesting if when the handbrake is applied, it gains a small delay before it can provide light supression in a similar arc to the 50.cal. Something to take both the pressure or reliance of the mg-42, and give a useful tool to help OST early infantry pushes.

I've always wanted to give it (and probs the American M3) an upgrade to reinforce + 400HP to make them dedicated late-game support units, but I really love this idea too. It kinda reminds me of King Kubel without all the timing and durability issues that made it such a problematic unit.

3 years ago
    BeardedragonBeardedra… Posts: 1,495

@Napoqe said:
    Hello everyone.

I'm here to start a discussion (if want) and send some suggestions to improve the unit. But why? Because I think the SdKfz 250 Half-track, is weak. I think low hp of the vehicle, no is good, with firepower of the squad from inside, is unbalance. Even though the vehicle will be destroyed , and before, order the squad to leave the vehicle to not die, to use more. Does not make up as is.

My suggestions is to squad inside the vehicle, to be able to use some skills as Panzerfaust. And increases resistance of the vehicle against some rifles and mgs.

it has as much hp as any other halftrack and the flame projectors are taken straight out of hell if used properly.

3 years ago
    @Beardedragon 250 not 251 (the little 1 seater in a few doctrines that comes with lmg grens or pgrens)
    3 years ago
    Farra13Farra13 Posts: 647

@thedarkarmadillo I admit I made the same mistake, I thought we were talking about the 251.

The 250 could be easily be buffed through passive mine detection so it can be a reliable agressive flanker, and make it purchasable from the bp2, that way it can be replaced and knock off the rather high premium on the ability.

3 years ago
    comrade_daelincomrade_d… Posts: 2,948

I personally don't mind the idea of Grenadiers being able to use Panzerfaust while inside 250 halftrack, if only for the fact that the 250 isn't a durable vehicle, requires a Grenadier squad to manually put in, and only two commanders feature the call-in so the "fast-moving vehicle snare" would only occur if you chose Mechanized Assault and German Mechanized Doctrines, which brings predictability and other limitations (like no Elefant or Stuka dive bomb). That privilege also requires 30 fuel.
    The obvious problems are the fact that you're better off drawing fire with Panzergrenadiers inside while Grenadiers close in for snare, and whether this alongside straight up buffing it's durability would make it OP. We don't want no Kangaroo cheese back in CoH.

3 years ago
    Snare MIGHT be ok, but a bundled nade would certainly be too strong...
    3 years ago

@Beardedragon ha detto:

@Napoqe said:
    Hello everyone.

it has as much hp as any other halftrack and the flame projectors are taken straight out of hell if used properly.

You must play OST ALOT.

3 years ago
    edited July 2017

Panzerfaust I think it is good to escape light vehicles with AT guns as T70, etc.

I'll put some positives and negatives on the vehicle. And a few more suggestions...

Positives:

• Use the skill of the commander, will bring the vehicle and a squad inside (Grenadiers if it is German Mechanized Doctrine or Panzergrenadiers if it is Mechanized Assault Doctrine). The infantry, I think are less situational and less limited depending of elapse of the match.
    • The Vehicle I remember is fast.
    • Give to replace the squad inside, and put another. Depending is good, Pioneer squad equipped with flamethrower, to attack enemy squads in garrison and cover.

Negatives:

• AT weapons are efficient against the vehicle. If destroyed, I think that all inside dies.
    • I think flame thrower guns are good against the squad inside of the vehicle.
    • I think that grenade AT thrown against the vehicle with full HP causes damage to the engine.

Suggestions:

• Veteran system.
    • Unlock skills with more than at least 1 veteran level.
    • A shortcut skill, to order the squad inside get out of the vehicle.