[All] Axis playing on Allied Side - Automatch

4 months ago
LucianoLuciano Posts: 18
edited July 16 in Bug Reporting

Hello, i was watching this streamer and he said that this is the 3rd time that happens to him, people is abusing that bug. Is there a way to fix it?

Tagged:

Comments

4 months ago
    TroydTroyd Posts: 7
    edited July 16

Hello as the aforementioned streamer... all matches were recorded. All matches took place via automatch finder. I've reported each incident by emailing enforcement@relic.com. Luciano decide to make a thread, so posting here to support him and gain visibility with respect to the issue.

Here are the 4 offending SteamIDs

1. SteamID:76561198269704627 - http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561198269704627/history
    2. SteamID:76561198078583311 - http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561198078583311/history
    3. SteamID:76561198165244299 - http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561198165244299/history
    4. SteamID: 76561198167219011 - http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561198167219011/history (British on Axis Side)

It really doesn't' matter that I won 2/3 instances of this occurring; this should not be possible and should be considerd an exploit.

4 months ago
    vasa171960vasa171960 Posts: 82

Its trash guys that you report players, but dont write to relic to fix this bug. In you logic i can report every player coz he abuse somthing broken.

4 months ago
    edited July 23

@vasa171960 said:
    Its trash guys that you report players, but dont write to relic to fix this bug. In you logic i can report every player coz he abuse somthing broken.

Yes, you can report anyone for whatever you want. That doesn't mean relic will do anything about it.

By reporting someone, Relic can make a decision about if the conduct or abuse of this bug constitutes an exploit or not. The last time this bug was around, it was considered an exploit.

Posting here is asking relic to fix the bug they may not be aware of, reporting brings visibility to the issue and allows punitive actions to be taken wherever they see fit.

I don't see your problem.

4 months ago
    vasa171960vasa171960 Posts: 82

@Troyd написал:

@vasa171960 said:

Yes, you can report anyone for whatever you want. That doesn't mean relic will do anything about it.

By reporting someone, Relic can make a decision about if the conduct or abuse of this bug constitutes an exploit or not. The last time this bug was around, it was considered an exploit.

Posting here is asking relic to fix the bug they may not be aware of, reporting brings visibility to the issue and allows punitive actions to be taken wherever they see fit.

I don't see your problem.

So its look strange, remember pershing bug ? People stream with it 24/7, all know and relic dont give bans for that.

4 months ago
    edited July 27

@vasa171960 said:
    So its look strange, remember pershing bug ? People stream with it 24/7, all know and relic dont give bans for that.

I do, and no that's not strange.

Bugs like that tend to be unavoidable during the normal course play of a match. Sometimes they are just bad desgin decisions by Relic. Absolutely game breaking bugs (Like the partisans not having their rate of fire changed) often get hot fixed within a few days and are publically acknowledged by Relic.

In this case we have individuals who have found a bug, which creates a situation that goes against the game design (playing axis on allied side), they have not reported it in a public manner, are keeping it to themselves as a means for their own advantage/entertainment and continue to make the conscious decision of manipulating and break game design. This is not a case of players benefiting from a relic code mishap or stat change after a patch as you are suggesting.

As a note, it appears Relic has taken some punitive measures as the profiles in question no longer have ranks. Likely to reduce the impact of their bug usage on the leaderboards.

http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561198165244299/standings