Fall Balance Preview Feedback

Comments

2 years ago
    1ncendiary_Rounds1ncendiar… Posts: 798
    edited July 2017

Look at all the haters disliking my posts and not wanting to come out and debate me. It's pathetic how they like to hide in the shadows because they know they have nothing to say.

2 years ago
    SAY_MY_NAMESAY_MY_NA… Posts: 257

@1ncendiary_Rounds ha detto:
    Look at all the haters disliking my posts and not wanting to come out and debate me. It's pathetic how they like to hide in the shadows because they know they have nothing to say.

Yep, they have got free tier 0 smoke regardless of teching, and they still want good dirty cheap pricing on m23 smoke.
    "But hey tier 1 okw got smoke, fast, huge nerfs to whole roster and remove those flamenades, must go away !111!1"
    These guys are awesome, don't you think ?

2 years ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951
    edited July 2017

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:
    Look at all the haters disliking my posts and not wanting to come out and debate me

This is why I said the rate-down feature was dumb way back when. It doesn't make sense, especially in a community as polarized as CoH2's.

On topic, really liking the Brits more now. Having access to cheap arty makes urban maps a lot less miserable for them and the smoke range buff works really well with Commandos or flamer-engies. Not being able to scuttle them is a huge pain in rear and is distinctly noticeable.

Bofors, on the other hand, is too good on urban maps now. Its pretty easy to deny crucial buildings like the station on Ettelbruck and its nasty to contest in tight areas where getting AT or tanks into alignment to attack the thing isn't too feasible. The change makes sense in the context of the balance team's full changes, but works poorly when cherry-picked like this.

For a patch that deals with team balance and on-map arty, I'm surprised the USF pack howie didn't receive any love. Tac Support is going to remain a go-to just because pack howie still can't do its job and leaves the US high and dry against Pak Walls

2 years ago
    javabaljavabal Posts: 88

Excellent, I always play in teams of 4v24 or 3vs3. I think these changes are great. The change of the 251 stuka and the jagdtiger are fantastic.

2 years ago
    RiCERiCE Posts: 1,588

I don't really like these changes...

• I don't like the mortar pit / leIG changes. It's good that the mortar pit is available for a cheaper price, but from the other side it was too durable. The main reason why everyone build mortars and leigs is the british mortar. That didn't changed at all... by the time the mortar is built basically you can afford the upgrade to make it just as good as it was. This is not a nerf, its a buff.

• I don't get the idea of nerfing mortar ranges. Same goes for leIG. If it goes like this they go melee range. I think the autofire accuracy / scatter and firing speed should be lowered. So make the autofire mode less accurate and less rapid, then make the barrage more accurate, but give it a nice little cooldown. Same for LeIG. These changes pretty much killed it. Funny because you also killing the walking stuka.. so good luck for OKW to fight against the UKF cancer.

• The other think what i don't get is idea behind the increased call-in prices if the tech requirements are not fulfilled. Locking doctrinal call-ins behind teching was a change against those who skipped techs. Now you want to allow it for extra price? There was no problem with the tech limits, why you want to fix what is not broken? and whats your goal with it?

• Also i don't get why you try to delay the FRP. This is again a solution that not addressing the problem itself. I thought people started to understand whats wrong with FRP, and the fact you change it, means you know it too. But why do we keep the wrong mechanism and only delay it?!

• Kubel nerf... poor USF players were unable to put RE squad into cover. There goes another unit from OKW. I can hear the crying voices because of volks spam. Hopefully you remove incendiary nades as well, so emplacements don't have to fear anything before the first panther arrives.

2 years ago
    1ncendiary_Rounds1ncendiar… Posts: 798

Aqua said:

For a patch that deals with team balance and on-map arty, I'm surprised the USF pack howie didn't receive any love. Tac Support is going to remain a go-to just because pack howie still can't do its job and leaves the US high and dry against Pak Walls

USF has enough arty already. The mortar, pak howi and m8 scott come as stock. I'd love some of that as Ostheer as in 1v1, all Ostheer can usually afford to get are mortars as pwerfers are locked behind a tier that still isn't worth it. I see USF players spamming m8 scotts to great effect. They have insane accuracy on the move. A WORTHY glass cannon. USF mortar is still the most accurate. All it needs is to keep pace with riflemen. And USF still has the great callilope and priests are ok. Ostheer has only the howitzer as doctrinal arty. I'm not a team player but pak wall? Might work on narrow maps, but that's about it. A good flank should be all that's required.

2 years ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 950

I really like the new leIG18 and the mortar emplacements.

I have one wish, can you make German trench same as british one with 50mp cost? Alternative remove and change it with hull-down ability.

Cosmetic:
    1. Can you add a shell animation for the vet1 ability of leIG18? There is only a shoot and impact animation, with a shell in the air it would look better.
    2. Give all tanks impact animations which fit for their area effect. So Firefly, Jackson etc. get same animation as Panther. Pershing, T34/85, Comet etc. get same animation as Tiger 1.

2 years ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951
    edited July 2017

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:
    USF has enough arty already. The mortar, pak howi and m8 scott come as stock.

The mortar and Scott are both great skirmishing units, but neither is capable of breaking a defensive line. Its not about how many arty options a faction has available, its about how well they actually work.

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:
    I'm not a team player but pak wall? Might work on narrow maps, but that's about it. A good flank should be all that's required.

Lelic maps + 3-4 players grouping around 2 vps = camp central. Think about how much ground 5-6 paks can actually cover, its quite a bit. Its pretty normal to encounter and is a bitch for USF to break without Calliopes, which is why they (and rocket arty in general) is common/dominant in team modes.

2 years ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,723
    edited July 2017

Howitzers:

"M7B1 Priest
    _The Priest has received a change to reduce its ability to be massed in team games through the use of de-crewing. In return, the unit has received a slight reduction in population while its AOE has been modified to be more in-line with other howitzers.
    • Call-In cost without Major tech: 600/145
    • Mid AOE from 0.15 to 0.28
    • Creeping Barrage weapon now shares the same stats as the standard barrage weapon.
    • Population from 16 to 15.
    • Can no longer be decrewed. _

ML-20
    The ML-20 is getting a boost to its mid-range AOE. Previously the ML-20 had worse damage drop-off between near and far distances compared to its counterpart, the LefH.
    • Cost from 600MP to 400MP/50FU.
    • Mid AOE from 0.15 to 0.28."

Both guns have received a huge increase (x186%) in mid damage bringing AOE damage at 56 at radius 4 similar to LEFH 18 but this is actually a buff that imo is too big and it will creates problems because:

1) both guns do 200 damage they will have a x125% bigger lethal radius
    2) they both fire a squad with less entities that more prone to wipes.

If they need more AOE damage I would start with allot small increase something like x120% and see how it goes.

In addition the Priest saw a reduction in POP which imo is wrong. Priest is unit allot harder to counter than a static howitzer and thus imo it should have a pop increase or at least stay at same pop.

2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,822
    Usf major arty after the last buff is fairly effective at scattering a line, combined with all the smoke options as well as multiple barrage units they shouldnt havw an issue with a line really.the issue is "why spend muni on the major's abilities when i can instead slap some more BAR or m1919s and attack move my way through"
    2 years ago
    bananamanbananaman Posts: 8
    edited July 2017

17 Pounder ATG Nest should have pop cap reverted. A Pak 43 is locked behind a commander while the 17 pounder is not. Also, a 17 pounder has many abilities including bracing.

2 years ago
    edited July 2017

OKW's Schwerer Panzer Headquarters need some changing

Compared to a Bofors, it has much higher value and greater risk when it comes to deploying.

Canceling a truck will lose you the manpower and fuel you put into purchasing the truck. Having it destroyed after you put it down literally puts you in the stone age (huge resource setback).

A bofors can be canceled for a full return of resources and losing it is not the end of the world as it does not block off any tiers. In some games, multiple bofors are built (one at each major point such as a VP or fuel point).

You can't even force it to target a specific unit. One of the worst things I have seen is a tank run up to the HQ to soak whatever the little damage it does while Penals run up to it and throw a few satchel charges at it (or soviet/usf engineers with demo bombs).

Bofors on the other hand, does consistent damage against medium tanks and can kill a pz4. You can use a Stug for example, but the bofors can brace to buy a lot of time for AT to reach up (something you cannot do with the hq).

HQ is much more susceptible to indirect fire.

The only thing the hq offers over a bofors is suppression. But, why suppress when you can shred infantry?

Bofors offers too little reaction time. Ever sent in a luchs or a flame halftrack and had it destroyed within 3-5 seconds? Any light vehicle that meets the hq has ample time to reverse/change their path.

Last, but not least, the hq is much more forgiving if an enemy unit's retreat path is in range. Bofors will straight up wipe a full squad (or multiple smaller squads) on retreat because pathing algorithm picks the shortest path (which sometimes happens to be the most deadliest).

I am not saying we should make the HQ like the bofors since HQ's are typically built further back from the front lines. I just want to see the both of them looked into.

Comments about this: https://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/691v1k/does_the_okws_schwerer_panzer_headquarters_need/

2 years ago
    @bananaman i disagree that about the 17lb, its pop cost is not the only factor, it also costs fuel which the pak43 doesnt. Its more durable of course but 1/5 of your pop for a static fire magnet is why it never gets built
    2 years ago
    edited July 2017

Why does the Kubel get nerfed against small arms while the Universal Carrier does not? It is such a pain to destroy one with infantry only early game. Kubels are already like little flies...

2 years ago
    > @bananaman said:
    > Why does the Kubel get nerfed against small arms while the Universal Carrier does not? It is such a pain to destroy one with infantry only early game. Kubels are already like little flies...

Timing and utility i reckon. UC fights a bit better of course but needs munitions or tech to repair, plus it cant cap points
    2 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,090
    UC also costs more and is the only mobile anti-garrison platform UKF has in early mid and fights the two factions which have easy access to either AT guns or Fausts as opposed to the Allies who tend to require tech.

In short - its because theyre different units
    2 years ago
    mrdjjag81mrdjjag81 Posts: 269

@bananaman said:
    Why does the Kubel get nerfed against small arms while the Universal Carrier does not? It is such a pain to destroy one with infantry only early game. Kubels are already like little flies...

You forgot about the bloody free repear the sturms has from start? UC dosent has that..

2 years ago

The kubel nerf, guys what was the problem with it ?
    Who couldn't counter kubelwagon lol ?

2 years ago
    KiethSomataw99KiethSoma… Posts: 71
    edited July 2017

A few ideas:

Penal Battalions can either equip 2 PTRS Anti-Tank Rifles or 1 flamethrower. Both cost 60 munitions and are mutually exclusive. The Flamethrower requires either the Support Weapons or Tankoviv Battalion structure. The PTRS rifles have no requirement.

Soviet T-34/76 and T-34/85 Tanks: ramming ability is adjusted for experienced crews:
    Veteran 1: Causes heavy engine damage instead of immobilized
    Veteran 2: Has a 50% chance to not lose its main gun
    Veteran 3: Has a 50% chance to suffer engine damage instead of heavy engine damage
    This makes ramming less risky for veteran crews.

M26 Pershing: at Veterancy 3, can toss a smoke grenade to block line of sight at the cost of some munitions.

Obersoldaten: at Veterancy 2, can fire a rifle smoke grenade. Does no damage but blocks line of sight. This long range grenade instantly creates a small smoke cloud upon impact.

2 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,090
    > @SAY_MY_NAME said:
    > The kubel nerf, guys what was the problem with it ?
    > Who couldn't counter kubelwagon lol ?

USF on open maps. Now bullets actually hurt it so you cant sit in front of multiple with mo consequence. Itll still work as a solo flanker.
    2 years ago
    kingdun3284kingdun32… Posts: 1,090
    > @SAY_MY_NAME said:
    > @kingdun3284 ha detto:
    > > @SAY_MY_NAME said:
    > > @kingdun3284 ha detto:
    > > Stuka shouldn't arrive even faster. It has already arrived faster than any mobile rocket artillery before. It should be locked behind T4 or even full tech !! There is no room for ally team weapon anymore in team game. The average arrival time of ally team weapons are too late, but fuel gains much quicker. Just imagine you finally reach CP2 and call in a 120mm to finally have something to respond to the ost crazy double mortar mg bunker camping position protected by reketens and volks blob, then your 120mm get wiped by a brain dead stuka A click without any skill after firing the first barrage! Serious? Not just the S.U., the team weapon of USF also arrive extremely late and there is no room for them in this stupid patch now!!!(There is nearly no room now, please fix it)
    > >
    > > Also, Priest has been already overpriced for many years .Its performance is worst than stuka a lot while arrive later and being more expensive than stuka. The MP cost should be reduced to 400 and the arrival time should be CP6-7. It usually can't do anything until there are 3 to 4.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Yeah 15 fuel before is so much game breaking, it's not like it has been toned dowwn so much that backteching for isg will be the only option to counter arty from now on.
    > >
    > > It's called katyusha.
    > > TEN times more effective, if there isn't a german military parade with bunch of troops marching in line each group at the distance of 50ms.
    > > Capable of dealing with every target and not just team weapons and buildings.
    > > Can't be avoided by infantry simply moving left or right, or up and down, depending on how your troops are placed.
    > > Takes less time to hit, the shadows of the katy rockets don't reveal the target.
    > >
    > > Stuka has been nerfed to death, you realized it right ?
    > > Now 28 cm rockets have same aoe modifiers than a katyusha that fires much more rockets, so no target will receive any considerable damage, since stuka has still that stupid nonsense long line barrage with a perfect hit, as only the first rocket can be aimed properly, and now it still won't kill anything.
    > > Pre nerf stuka required a considerable amount of micro, given the inferior range, to be properly aimed and full hit.
    > >
    > > Now, if the problem was the reliability of stuka in wiping team weapons, which was the only good thing that overpriced piece of pudding could do, to counterbalance lack of indirect fire of tier 2, they could have just given stuka a normal barrage (since they like so much the word REVAMP) and flush down in the toilet that creeping barrage that apparently its either UP or OP.
    > >
    > > The new stuka would give team weapons a chance, despite being still relevant, especially since a normal barrage will make stuka less situational and more versatile, while less of a death sentence against team weapons
    > >
    > > Are we kidding ? giving the easiest to avoid rocket arty such a nerf to the aoe of its six rockets when in pratical terms the only one is relevant ? giving a nerf to durability to a vehicle that was meant to use such durability to conpensate it's lack of range that required it to go closer to the target compared to long range arty ?
    > >
    > > As i said, i'm not questioning if stuka was OP in first place, but is the balance team able to target said OP stuff without making it useless ?
    >
    > Maybe you are right in 1v1 mode, but in 4v4 the density of unit is high enough for stuka to always hit something with its precision strike just like the retarded stuka diving bomb. Maybe you can dodge that bomb everytime in 1v1 , but that's simply not the case in 4v4. I really cant see how powerful katyusha is considering its arrivial time being later than stuka, super inaccurate, unreliable alpha barrage and very little aoe and low penetration when compare to current stuka. Dont try to persuade me how important the shall no. of a whole barrage is. Only alpha strike is effective unless ur opponent is brain dead and unable to leave the circle after the first 4 shells of katyusha did nothing but hitting the ground. People always pray for less rng for competitive and strategic play and more predicta le outcome. The best example is the improvement on TD penetration and engine criticals and heavy rear armour nerf. I would always prefer stuka for its reliable shot rather than katyusha that hits nothing even after carefully aimed. In fact stuka always reach 5 stars easily and gain more kills than katyusha in team game. Not to mention its devastating shall can even kill tanks and counter kill all kind of ally mobile rocket artillery with its reliable barrage that you think it is useless. So ironic.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > All good.
    > But 4vs4 is the (no offense) noob ****show mode where balance is hell and nobody really even game a ***** about.
    >
    > Regardless of what you said, over 200 matches in 1vs1 as SU (which i don't main) i mainly never skipped katy.
    > The 4 shell won't wipe all but actually kill models, and come as fast after the first salvo, that harly ever a retreating squad skip the second one, while the third gives a good ground denial or finish buildings (much better than panzerwerfer).
    > They hit faster the target nontheless, giving less warnings.
    > They aren't as deadly as panzerwerfer, but katy rocket give an incredible amount of area denial on late game capping points.
    >
    > The fact that a 12 rocket arty for 75 fuel has less aoe that 6 28 cm rockets seems normal.
    > The fact that these patch gives stuka rockets same aoe than katy is insane.
    >
    > "Not to mention its devastating shall can even kill tanks and counter kill all kind of ally mobile rocket artillery with its reliable barrage that you think it is useless. So ironic."
    >
    > No lol are you drunk ?
    > http://www.stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=walking_stuka_rockets_mp
    >
    > They have no pen and barely deal damage to tanks..
    >
    > "In fact stuka always reach 5 stars easily"
    >
    > LEL, in teamgames, where noobs blob hard....
    > In 1vs1 it hardly reach vet 2 after last nerf....
    > You truly never used it, right ?

1v1 also has tons of noobs. And it seems 1v1 has even more megalomania like you. Please read the introduction of this patch. This patch is toned for teamgame, okay?bye!
    2 years ago

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:
    > @ColonelRadec said:
    >
    > Werh early meta with flame halftrack.
    >
    > This unit can appear from 5-6 mins to burn everything and cause a huge setback for allies. I get it why it's a favorite. Super speed, range and it's ridiculous damage. It vets fast due to the damage output making it even harder to kill for the speed bonus. If you don't rush a AT gun then you are in trouble, but this is a pain to get in early game. Players concentrate on inf in the first minutes, so spending on the AT will hurt your advance. Forgot to mention the almost instant kill on garrisoned units. So please take a look at the unit and maybe reduce its dps to match the other flamethrowers.

The halftrack can be swiftly dealt with by handheld at. And the flame projectors were already nerfed vs garrisons. As well, the halftrack is exceptionally vulnerable to small arms fire.

> UKF and the hardships with vehicles, they need a snare.
    >
    > Fighting vs UKF with vehicles barely has the risk like other factions. They have no core inf to have some kind of tension or punish to those that make mistakes. Vehicles come and go without worry. Kitting your early AT's if you don't have a bofor. This produces obligated metas like picking the tank hunter commander. Mines are not reliable due to you must guess the path and that the enemy takes the it. The Piat is low damage and requires ammo which is low on the starting minutes, also forces players to have 2 which is a bad idea at the beginning. Reducing greatly the anti-inf output in the early stages of the game which is so important during that phase. Solution? To maintain asymmetrical design it would be a great respond to add them to the Sappers, they would have less range than the tank hunter variant and they require the grenade upgrade. Increase the fuel cost of by +5. The other response would be to give them to tommies, but they would become like the other factions.

This is why you have a dirt cheap aec that can keep pace with all Ostheer light armor and almost chase down a luchs. No snare means you may not get the kill but that is far from being defenseless or allowing Axis vehicles to drive about "without worry." Piats were already buffed, though they still are the worst handheld at vs light armor. Brits have just enough when it comes to dealing with light armor in the early-mid game.

The flame halftrack gets vet fast of dps, so they get the mobility bonus quick. Making it hard to kill, it has 360hp, need 2 shots of AT to kill and a lot of small arms shots. You don't have that on early game, second need rng to hit it. With mobility and a small target size the odds are against you. Also the flame stacks, since they are 2 flamethrowers.

You need three shots to kill the Luch, with AEC or AT. So rarely you can kill it. You can't chase it because it's fast, the Aec at vet 0 is a turtle and volks can snare. Not to mention that UKF has small squad size and each burst of the luch is a guarantee kill of a model and the 3 pounder has a small arc. With other factions you can follow the Aec since it's slow and you ''don't worry'' of snare. They follow it with a drive by and leave. I've seen a few games of Helping Hans and lately he only picks the Tank Hunter doc because of the fear of the light vehicles. The Aec with the recent update is now kinda obsolete, horrible Anti-inf, average to almost low AT. But even on other timelines the snare is important. How many times have I seen medium tanks or heavies, make drive by's like gangsters or surviving by rng? Nah, just equip all your troops with Piats. Sure let's drop em like piñatas and lose our Anti inf so volks and grens can kill us! And our small limited tanks can kill em and fight them head on since the faust ain't that much of a problem or ATGs. Or mass retreat because our dps is to low and the tanks go to the base and finish of us.

2 years ago
    Lnk003Lnk003 Posts: 418
    edited July 2017

Really glad to see a new balance patch, i like the knew changes, thx to the community team for the support.

For my part (sry for the book):
    -UKF-
    I think that centaur will still be useless because of it's movement speed (witch is the big issue) and cromwell will still be a much better choice in almost all instances only because of that.

AVRE is still useless just as much as base Churchill since Crocodile is here. To fight armor you use firefly and cromwells, to fight infantry centaur and cromwells and when you're looking at heavies, base churchill doesn't shine anywhere and is just good to soaking dmg, a thing that crocodile also does while burning any support weapon that happens to have a date with it. Maybe AVRE should be more close to the sherman bulldozer in term of performances while base churchill maybe could have a better ability than the grenade and possibly a better vet 1 (vet1 become stock feature then vet 1 grant something).

I would really love more changes on bofors, to me it should no longer be exclusive with AEC but limited to 1, delayed (for ex in the same tier as 17pounder). I think it could loose it's ability to counter mortar on his own now with the mortar pit change. Panzer flak hq durability could be use as reference so it could loose brace (and then rebalance the cost between the extra tech cost and it's performances).
    I don't like the mortar pit change that much, it's a good change for UKF to get a real access to indirect fire but between it's cost and it's pop cap it feels a bit two easy to get two of those while it being a fortified structure. Having 3 or 4 mortar also cheaper with that change compared to other factions. What i don't really get is at that point why not just add a mobile mortar squad in the tier 1 and delay the mortar pit?
    Since you're addressing artillery, can you address valentine witch is in a quite weird spot (it's a tank but should be in scope since it has an arty ability and his spotting for arty).

If small changes could make it through:
    It would be nice to remove Officer charge from air landing officer (witch is quite broken) and give the officer camouflage and sprint like other commandos.
    UKF should have base medics as a side upgrade because it's just annoying. I would love a QOL change of 3 man medic squad, sometimes you need to micro them so they start do their jobs. *
    RE should be able to build caches, it seems unnecessary assymetric design.

-USF-
    Officer cost being adjusted: replace the RE models with RM models
    Seems M36 can face tank a P4 to counter it (close range 1vs1), the changes are really nice because it was a crappy unit but maybe it's rof could go slightly down so you're not just a-rolling on a p4 if rng gods are with you.
    I'll try more and edit since basically it goes like: while closing m36 fire 1/2 shots at the p4 and then you just rolling over it because both kills each other in 4 shots. P4 seems to fire faster but M36 has range and can deflect some shots but basically once you have land one long range shot just feel free to face tank the p4.

I think you shoud reintroduced m20 changes.

-Wehr-
    Such durable tanks as tiger, panthers etc should loose their war speed or equvalent ability imo and be replaced with other abilities. Currently you're just restricting movement boost with dmg engine with is a good move but maybe just remove it all together .
    Ostwind is quite strong, either it's too good for it's cost or too cheap imo.
    Since you can address tank destroyer it's time to change panthers (vet 2 ridiculously op). Imo this unit should loose range because of its 320 armor and have a rof boost either stock or with reworked vet (For ex: V1 rof (from v3) with/without turret rotation V2 mobility and/or accuracy, V3 range). There is other suggestions but rework this unit since you can.
    I think stug lss is op for cost and is doing too much dmg to infantry (since it still snipe model regulary) despite the twp change. I would love to see it more changed with a look at his accuracy and rof (stock +vet). SU76 have some shared issued as well so don't forget to change it as well.

I don't really aggree with tiger's movement speed buff, imo all 3 (IS2; Tiger 1, Pershing) should have their movement speed reduced.

Bundle grenades and their copy paste UKF sisters....
    JU87 loiter...

-SOV-
    I would say IS2 new ability takes a bit too long to fire while idk if an AI ability is the best; i haven't tried that much but i fear it to be countering at gun crews for a quite tanky vehicule. Beside at some point IS2 wipes squad as well without this ability so i would rather have something else.
    Tier 4 should have a better battle tank than T34/76, that's part of why people goes straight with commander that have M4C or KV1 or 85/IS2

Shock troops...

-OKW-
    "Repeal and Replace" rakens with pak 40
    Replace MG34 with MG42 or remove the teching for the weakest mg.

As a note, maybe prioritise vehicule should always be enable on at guns and tank destroyers. Prioritise wehicule toggle is a no brainer on those units.
    As a second note idk what to think about the change on call in with a penalty on cost. Imo it would have been better to turn cooldown into building time and to have the penalty here for not teching. Lss it will cost you 25% more if you're not teching up so you're just telling people to bank their ressources at some point if they want to insta rebuild their heavies. For instance Battle phase 3 + pz korp + panther/brumbar vs 25% more expensive tiger + bank to insta rebuild it seems more in favor of the more expensive call-in, as well bank + crocodile vs stock tech + anvil/hammer + comet/base churchill if you want to take allies. And this doesn't solve one of the biggest call-in issue: the instant spawning, that just lead to have your super heavy tank back on the field at the very second you loose the first one.

2 years ago
    edited July 2017
    > @Lazarus ha detto:
    > > @SAY_MY_NAME said:
    > > The kubel nerf, guys what was the problem with it ?
    > > Who couldn't counter kubelwagon lol ?
    >
    > USF on open maps. Now bullets actually hurt it so you cant sit in front of multiple with mo consequence. Itll still work as a solo flanker.

In the mod I'm playing is now totally worthless.
    Why if the problem was armor it still kept the same cooldown annd stupidly short bursts. ?
    It's a unit that hardly scale, and now can't do any good but retreat after a few volleys in early game.
    2 years ago
    kingdun3284kingdun32… Posts: 1,090

@SAY_MY_NAME said:
    > @Lazarus ha detto:
    > > @SAY_MY_NAME said:
    > > The kubel nerf, guys what was the problem with it ?
    > > Who couldn't counter kubelwagon lol ?
    >
    > USF on open maps. Now bullets actually hurt it so you cant sit in front of multiple with mo consequence. Itll still work as a solo flanker.

In the mod I'm playing is now totally worthless.
    Why if the problem was armor it still kept the same cooldown annd stupidly short bursts. ?
    It's a unit that hardly scale, and now can't do any good but retreat after a few volleys in early game.

It can capture faster than any squad, cut off your enemy and harassing any single squad that is capturing without any bleeding on MP.

2 years ago
    > @SAY_MY_NAME said:
    > > @Lazarus ha detto:
    > > > @SAY_MY_NAME said:
    > > > The kubel nerf, guys what was the problem with it ?
    > > > Who couldn't counter kubelwagon lol ?
    > >
    > > USF on open maps. Now bullets actually hurt it so you cant sit in front of multiple with mo consequence. Itll still work as a solo flanker.
    >
    > In the mod I'm playing is now totally worthless.
    > Why if the problem was armor it still kept the same cooldown annd stupidly short bursts. ?
    > It's a unit that hardly scale, and now can't do any good but retreat after a few volleys in early game.

Almost like its a fire support weapon instead of a stand alone unit... It moves quickly and caps faster than average, it can hardly also be expected to be able to solo enemy squads with no bleed reliably for the low cost of 210mp (iirc, could be misremebering that)
    2 years ago
    RiCERiCE Posts: 1,588
    edited July 2017

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    Almost like its a fire support weapon instead of a stand alone unit... It moves quickly and caps faster than average, it can hardly also be expected to be able to solo enemy squads with no bleed reliably for the low cost of 210mp (iirc, could be misremebering that)

Except now we are back at the state it was 2 year ago... it gets useless after it captured the points. You won't be able to capture anything with this on the front line... nor behind enemy lines.

If its fragile like this, then increase its long range accuracy to the UC level. That way it could support infantry without kamikaze actions.

2 years ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,653

@bananaman said:

Because Kubel is a fast capping and scouting unit while UC is a transport/weapon platform?
    One is meant to be on the frontline, other not so much.

2 years ago
    > @RiCE said:
    > @thedarkarmadillo said:
    > Almost like its a fire support weapon instead of a stand alone unit... It moves quickly and caps faster than average, it can hardly also be expected to be able to solo enemy squads with no bleed reliably for the low cost of 210mp (iirc, could be misremebering that)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Except now we are back at the state it was 2 year ago... it gets useless after it captured the points. You won't be able to capture anything with this on the front line... nor behind enemy lines.
    >
    > If its fragile like this, then increase its long range accuracy to the UC level. That way it could support infantry without kamikaze actions.

Id like to see it gain the other changes from the unofficial teams WFA mod, shared vet, improved stealth and syphon make it much more....more? Unfortunately RNG is RNG and sometimes innits current state that makes the kuble total bullshit, surviving situations a dirt cheap speedy capper unit shouldnt...

Problem with the kuble is the same problem as emplacments to certaim degree (smaller scale obviously) being able to reliably inflict bleed while never being subject to it itself aside from outright death, and from such an early point in the game.... The kubles "scaling" is that once its not worth the micro and population you can trade it for fuel, which it doesnt cost itself, a rudimentary "refuel and refit" if you will... At least thats how i use it...
    Its map hacks ability is pretty strong when unlocked, but its really a unit INTENDED to be lost if you ask me... (Got one to vet 5 once, promptly drove over a mine when running from some infantry.....)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• © SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Relic Entertainment, the Relic Entertainment logo, Company of Heroes and the Company of Heroes logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.