[FBP STEM][ALL] Fuel AT platforms

13»

Comments

2 years ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,723

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    With the ass of the KT no longer exceeding the front armour of medium tanks flanking is now ACTUALLY an option, theres no need for allied TDs to be SO potent. More than they were, hell yea, but less than now. Before the only way you COULD fight a KT was frontally and that is no longer the case.

Imo a heavy TF should be ABLE to pen enemy mediums 100% of the time, but either using target tables or reduced ROF make that it inefficient to do so, they should be slanted towards large thick targets, not exceedingly powerful against everything upto and including heavies.

This can be achieved by lowering the change to hit vs meduims of unit like Su-85, FF and M36 that not only have a high accuracy to beging with but gain more as a vet bonus. One can lower their accuracy and/or make the target size gap between medium and heavies bigger.

2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,822
    @Katitof well shit, who would have thought that combineing arms and supporting armour would be so strong! What next? Are you going to tell me there might be infantry armour too to provide LOS and snares?
    .you sir are absolutely right! There should be a single unit that can pretend that the enemy hasnt fully teched, spent a massive amount of resourses on a single unit, and more still to protect it. I should be able to simply remove it from play with minimal effort....

Seriously? Why not give the KT 500 rear armour then? Or the JT, whats the point of making the rear armour stun the longest ranged unit in the game, its not going to have AT guns behind it?
    Why will the KT have AT guns by it but not the is-2 or tiger?
    2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,822
    So to revive and redirect: what is a good percent chance to pen for each "dedicated" counter? 75? So if we use a tiger as a baseline (instead of a KT) for heavy TDs we could run ~230 pen at max (thats a little higher than 75% on 300 armour, 70% for the panther and 60% for the KT) i think that is reasonable for a single TD, this would mean to meaningfully counter heavies a TD and a little support would reasonably counter. Adjust accuracy for a similar chance to HIT against medium armour and we have defined roles.

Thiughts?
    2 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,033

I'd want a bit of wriggle room depending on the army (for example I think the Soviets should have highest chance of pen at max due to depending on the turretless 85 and having limited handheld AT) but as a starting point that's pretty decent

2 years ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,268

@Lazarus said:
    for example I think the Soviets should have highest chance of pen at max due to depending on the turretless 85 and having limited handheld AT

SU85 also has the highest rof of western TDs though. Not as good as it once was, but its still much faster than the Jackson and FF.

I do think because of the turret it should get the best chance to hit against medium armor. The other 2 can flee a tight situation against advancing mediums, whereas the su85 usually can only escape if its done enough damage to kill/scare away the tank.