Fortifications Doctrine Placing Artillery:

3 years ago
Slapnut1207Slapnut12… Posts: 49
edited August 2017 in Commander Feedback

So when I was in a match that I was losing I tried to place a LeFH 18 Artillery piece on my headquarters territories,
I wasn't allowed to. My territory only was on the Headquarters territory and one other piece of land that wasn't safe to
place a piece of artillery. I placed a piece of Artillery on the unsafe territory but some minutes later, a Panther appeared out
of nowhere and decimated the piece. Can we be allowed to place artillery in Headquarters territory? I found that unrealistic,
wouldn't artillery be far from the combat most of the times?

Comments

3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,824
    You cant build emplacments in base because off maps are disallowed from base. If yoy could place arty in base and be immune to offmaps and requiring a dive to base to destroy it well that would be too strong. Build it right outside and you will still have it far away from the front but with appropriate counterplay
    3 years ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    You cant build emplacments in base because off maps are disallowed from base. If yoy could place arty in base and be immune to offmaps and requiring a dive to base to destroy it well that would be too strong. Build it right outside and you will still have it far away from the front but with appropriate counterplay

They could add a feature in which you could bomb it, but not damage the base. Plus Artillery Howitzer should be
    far away from the frontlines. It would seem more realistic for me. But it's my opinion.

3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,824
    The problem was that off maps could be used on retreated troops when the player had no control over the units resulting in easy wipes. It was removed and wont see itself back as a QOL and balance decision. They can still be placed very closely to the sector making them easy to defend.
    3 years ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    The problem was that off maps could be used on retreated troops when the player had no control over the units resulting in easy wipes. It was removed and wont see itself back as a QOL and balance decision. They can still be placed very closely to the sector making them easy to defend.

That sucks.... :neutral: