Sad time

2 weeks ago
Seems with the withdrawal of relic support and the hopes of improvement it seems the forums are dying (its been a long time since days went by with no new threads or posts)
Thoughts?

Comments

2 weeks ago
    VegnaVegna Posts: 863

I'm not the only one to notice then.

2 weeks ago
    Rommel654Rommel654 Fort Eustis, VAPosts: 839 mod

It has always ebbed and flowed, but I do miss reading from my friends on here. For as little as some have to say on the forum it does not seem to be the case during a game. Still wish we had a mute button, although watching an opposing team self destruct blaming each other is pretty funny.

2 weeks ago

I noticed too, wonder if the in-game player count actually dropped a little overall.

Stopped playing the game shortly after the news. The balance is just bad and not fun at the moment (as Luvnest said when I asked why no 1v1 streams), after losing too many times to what I felt was bs balance in my quest for top 100 1v1. I got to play and beat ImperialDane once and that's all I wanted xD And so stopped posting on here. Occasionally check it still. But if I'm signed out I don't bother signing back in now, except for making this post.

Was also coinciding with the fact that I wanted to make progress and get a sense of completion in a game, so have been playing some single player games instead. Not as stress inducing.

I'll probably reinstall it relatively soon, but my thinking is to wait for the patch to go live.

2 weeks ago

Well, after taking a look at steamspy, there is actually a certain drop in players...

https://steamspy.com/app/231430

sighs
    A sad time indeed.

2 weeks ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,884

@SquishyMuffin said:
    The balance is just bad and not fun at the moment...

Pretty much this. If nobody goes tryhard docs and builds it can be pretty fun still, but 90% of the time its just blobs and camping that degrade into arty fests (play mostly 2v2s)

2 weeks ago
    VegnaVegna Posts: 863

Aqua said:

@SquishyMuffin said:
    The balance is just bad and not fun at the moment...

Pretty much this. If nobody goes tryhard docs and builds it can be pretty fun still, but 90% of the time its just blobs and camping that degrade into arty fests (play mostly 2v2s)

Yeah always been a problem right back in the alpha. I tend to play only against CPU now as my friends have all moved on from the game.

2 weeks ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 4,850
    As somebody thats played ar least weekly since the beta (small hiatus when my hard drive exploded) and has been almost embarrassingly active on the forum (that post count...) The abandonment is extremely disheartening and robs my faith in the future of the game as well as any relic product tbh (not to be THAT guy...)

I dont know if i will continue with my presence in either the game or the community
    2 weeks ago
    TeekavuTeekavu Posts: 11
    What is the point to argue about balance when devoloper stop support the game?

GG RIP company of hero 2
    2 weeks ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,039

Relic gave up on the game and so did community.

Its utterly pointless to discuss any kind of changes, when everyone is fully aware there won't be any anymore.

Only forum section that should not be dead by now should be strategy forum, but CoH2 people always preferred to blame balance then to admit to lack of skill.

1 week ago

@Katitof CoH2 is a special theme, sure most people has lack of skill. But this game is still bad designed, there are so may useless commanders, abilities, units and bugs that people were in right to speak about the balancing issue first. We shouldn't accept that so many content is superfluous.

Relic should simply give the hole balancing story into communities hand. Even Sega would make profit, because we would work for free. ^^ The game-code is outdated, they shouldn't beware it like a treasure. Now it is more important to stay together as fans.

1 week ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,039

@Widerstreit said:
    @Katitof CoH2 is a special theme, sure most people has lack of skill. But this game is still bad designed, there are so may useless commanders, abilities, units and bugs that people were in right to speak about the balancing issue first. We shouldn't accept that so many content is superfluous.

Unless you're able to create a mod and make people switch to custom games for it, there is nothing that can be done from now on.

Relic should simply give the hole balancing story into communities hand. Even Sega would make profit, because we would work for free. ^^ The game-code is outdated, they shouldn't beware it like a treasure. Now it is more important to stay together as fans.

Umm, you are aware that's exactly what they did for last couple of patches right?
    And if you're talking about open sourcing, then I'll just say nothing and smile here as that's not how it works with companies, publishers and their intellectual property.

1 week ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 797
    edited September 11

@Katitof Yes, I mean kind of open sourcing. Sure it would be great if we get the real tools. But it would be ok if the community makes the patches, intern control, relic simply release it. They don't have to touch anything. The community becomes the "scapegoat".

We only need Olhause, the make of WikingerMod.

Like in Gothic 3, community patches saved the game without official tools. Ok, its a RPG, but it is the same idea.

1 week ago
    mrdjjag81mrdjjag81 Posts: 149

Mostly becouse of those strict rules in the forum resulting in newcomer points out some related balance issues cousing the thread to be shut down immediately, better change that if you want the balance section stay alive i think

1 week ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,884

@Vegna said:

Yeah always been a problem right back in the alpha. I tend to play only against CPU now as my friends have all moved on from the game.

I feel you. About half my games lately have been 2v2s with one human and one AI on both sides in the Revamp Patch or rolling idiotic builds in 2v2 until we win (RIP ladder position)

6 days ago

Title of the thread should be changed to "Sad time for Ostheer."

6 days ago

Look at all the haters here. Can't take a joke.

5 days ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… At TenagraPosts: 1,686

So many of the changes in the FBP were so universally good too. We can all disagree about some unit-specific ones here and there, but the Anti-Air rework, Call-in Price Premiums, the FRP limitations, etc. were all at least on the right track if not needing a bit more tweaking.

Sad that they're just gone without explanation. I agree that the forum's decline in activity is directly related to the preview being ended. Always felt like the activity increased whenever a preview was announced and now we have the polar opposite.

3 days ago
    Especial CoH stays attractive because of the Updates. Without changes the game becomes boring, play-styles become too similar, map knowledge destroys the surprise-effect, bug-using and op-content went popular.