Make CoH2 free to play

2 weeks ago
Bringing in a larger playerbase can serve to boost coh3 popularity down the road.

Comments

2 weeks ago
    VegnaVegna Posts: 867

Seems a bad move, Relic needs the income to stay afloat. DoW3 wont do that, not even showing on top 100 played games atm. (viewing the community hub only 599 shown online!)

2 weeks ago
    mna27mna27 Posts: 15

FTP is actually a good model if done right. Having free players support online population is almost as valuable as people who purchase the game. Relic could have 2 factions free at a time (1 from each allies/axis), then change the free factions every week or two. That way the same factions would not always be free, so if free players had a favorite faction they would end up buying it.

1 week ago
    page305page305 Posts: 29
    edited October 10

I'd vote no. F2P can be a good model when done right but I don't trust it would go that way. There are 2 roads to take with F2P and that's cosmetics and god units/weapons etc.

The cosmetic road leads to forcing players to see the other players items... you'll soon not be able to disable custom skins b/c if other players can't see my flashy new skin, why would I buy them (and Relic would be relying on selling them). I personally don't want to be forced to see someone pink zebra striped T70.

The second road is the better/new units/squads/weapons/ path and I don't trust Relic to avoid the P2W temptations. Especially after hiding units in the base game behind a paywall (also the reason I avoided DoW3 like the plague; fool me twice, shame on me). There's a reason the Pershing wasn't launched with USF and that's because it was planned DLC they knew would sell (among other examples). If they'd pull a scummy stunt like that I'm sure they'd do it in a F2P model.

1 week ago
    dmsdms UKPosts: 522

F2P multiplayer only with the 2 original factions (sov and ost) would work. Players could buy the extra factions, the campaigns and commanders if they wanted to unlock more. I don't see a problem and it would get new players for coh future.

1 week ago

@Vegna said:
    Seems a bad move, Relic needs the income to stay afloat. DoW3 wont do that, not even showing on top 100 played games atm. (viewing the community hub only 599 shown online!)

Do u seriously think Relic is still selling copies of CoH2?

1 week ago
    VegnaVegna Posts: 867

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:

@Vegna said:

Do u seriously think Relic is still selling copies of CoH2?

Then going F2P is even worse and they should shut down their servers for it as it's just draining their cash.