Whats going to happen to the game??

1 week ago

its been 1 month since the fall balance patch has been canceled. no word from anyone at relic as to the future of the game even though its still badly in need of some balance changes. things are starting to look very bad for the game and player numbers in game are starting to dwindle it seems like, plus activity on the forums is also severely starting to dip. is this RIP coh2 or what? what ever is left of the community needs answers.

Comments

1 week ago
    CanIPost?CanIPost? Posts: 15

I think that just as you said the game is dying off, we can take the fact your post didn't have any reply for 2 days as good evidence.

That's the problem with relic business model. I think they need to switch to a subscription-based model that suits better with multiplayer driven games.

I am afraid Relic cannot monetize on COH2 anymore as the player base is too low to make DLC profitable. They must do something that will make us pay again.

If Relic survives DOW3 financially we will probably see COH3 in 1-2 years. Probably after COH3 announced there will be an increase in players interest.

1 week ago

@CanIPost? said:
    I think that just as you said the game is dying off, we can take the fact your post didn't have any reply for 2 days as good evidence.

That's the problem with relic business model. I think they need to switch to a subscription-based model that suits better with multiplayer driven games.

I am afraid Relic cannot monetize on COH2 anymore as the player base is too low to make DLC profitable. They must do something that will make us pay again.

If Relic survives DOW3 financially we will probably see COH3 in 1-2 years. Probably after COH3 announced there will be an increase in players interest.

Relic also has their arms tied down with Age of Empires 4 also which they are expected to NOT MESS UP. I don't expect to see another Company of Heroes. In general, I don't think there was much of a player base in the first place for CoH2 and then the balance made many more leave so if they messed up again, the franchise would be trashed.

6 days ago

This game is dead. Cancelled the Fall Balance Patch, abandoned their own 2v2 map contest, and introduced a glitch in online play where you have a 1-2 second lag until you run into something that may kill you then you have a 5-10 second lag. That's enough proof for me. Hopefully I am wrong. Since vCOH could never even remember what map you just played or how it was setup, I don't have much hope.

6 days ago

I lied, they updated the 2v2 maps finally..... I sense a heartbeat. Its faint...but its there....