DBP Balance Feedback

Comments

2 years ago

@SkysTheLimit said:

@Hingie said:
    Not to mention the Bofors can fire back at the Mortar... but never mind. Sure. Mortars counter the Bofors. The same way a single at gun counters a Brummbär.

It CAN fire back at the mortars, except it has WAY more scatter for shooting at a smaller target. Meanwhile if you call a barrage on the center of the Bofors you'll have a hard time missing. And, If you target the mortars with a suppressive barrage, anything and everything can walk right up to it. Sound familiar? It's the exact same mechanic that was just introduced to the Flak HQ for shooting down airplanes.

I find mortar pits far more troublesome than Bofors to be honest. I've never struggled to destroy a Bofors UNLESS there was a nearby mortar pit. But even mortar pits on their own can be far more difficult to get rid when well defended/placed.

It's not the exact same mechanic. The Bofors indirect fire can be cancelled to immediately resume direct fire and it's purposefully designed to counter the things that should counter Bofors itself. It doesn't have a 60 second cooldown where it can do fuck-all. And it's not all that inaccurate, either. Even if it rarely outright kills a Mortar, it'll suppress or pin it for sure.

2 years ago

@SkysTheLimit said:

@Noitatohtori said:
    I disagree with you completely on the Major. If Battlegroup or a Forward Assembly gets flares but under it, it's going to take a beating.

Okay but the thing is, the Battlegroup FRP (until just yesterday) required nothing but OKWs cheapest tier to setup. You could have that FRP setup LONG before anyone has enough artillery to actually give it a beating, whereas the US FRP requires the final tech.

@Noitatohtori said:
    Major? Just move your stuff away and continue, business as usual. It can relocate, escape, advance with pushes and scout with abilities.

And it requires the Major and Ambulance, both of which take up popcap, meanwhile the BG is just a structure. You can literally roll up your tank for a split-second, fire 1 shot to knock out the ambulance, and peace out. Or of course a single howitzer shell will do the trick as well. The USF FRP has obvious and clear ways to go about pushing it off, whereas removing OKWs requires you to simply outnumber them in everyway long enough to focus it down.

Delaying OKWs FRP is by far the most welcome change in the patch for me, and I am only sad that they did not see fit to remove them entirely from all 3 factions who get them.

Having a tech building out of your base isn't a boon, it's a huge drawback. Rarely are Soviet or Wehr tech buildings destroyed, but OKW has to balance between keeping them safe and gaining any kind of benefit from their unique abilities. While I agree that FRP should be removed across the board, I would take a mobile retreat point any day of the week over the static "fuck me up" sign that the BG is.

2 years ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,271
    edited December 2017

@Noitatohtori said:
    It's not the exact same mechanic. The Bofors indirect fire can be cancelled to immediately resume direct fire and it's purposefully designed to counter the things that should counter Bofors itself. It doesn't have a 60 second cooldown where it can do fuck-all.

Nor should it be, AGAIN, the Bofors is not a FREE building that is a bonus with your tech structure. It is a specifically purchased unit, designed for nothing other than actually fighting. The flak HQ provides you with access to units, and potentially gets you closer to building a KT.

IF you choose to get a Bofors, then you are building an AA unit. There is no choice involved in the Flak HQ. You build it every game, and for a tech structure to have ZERO micro requirement when it comes to completely denying the other teams air support is absurd. If you ask me I would of liked to see a large munitions cost be placed on the Flak gun.

@Noitatohtori said:
    While I agree that FRP should be removed across the board, I would take a mobile retreat point any day of the week over the static "fuck me up" sign that the BG is.

The mobile one is locked behind a final tier, the static one was (again, until yesterday) locked behind the cheapest and earliest one. Don't understand how that can be brushed off, most of the firepower you would need to destroy the BG is late-game.

2 years ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,672
    edited December 2017

@Hingie said:
    Right. You mean mortars, I take it. Perhaps a LeiG. Even if the enemy doesn't do diddly to defend it, it takes quite some time to whittle it down, especially since there is a magic deflector shield installed in ever Brit Emplacement. Not to mention the Bofors can fire back at the Mortar... but never mind. Sure. Mortars counter the Bofors. The same way a single at gun counters a Brummbär.

But you are right. Fuck OK-W. If it wasn't for those Bastards, Wehr wouldn't be in such a sorry state.

Step 1 - build mortar.
    Step 2 - build ATG.
    Step 3 - use smoke and directly attack with ATGs.

If you struggle against bofors, then you really need to work on your skill.
    There is reason why not even a single player uses it in top 100-its too easily countered.

@Noitatohtori said:

@SkysTheLimit said:

@Noitatohtori said:
    I disagree with you completely on the Major. If Battlegroup or a Forward Assembly gets flares but under it, it's going to take a beating.

Okay but the thing is, the Battlegroup FRP (until just yesterday) required nothing but OKWs cheapest tier to setup. You could have that FRP setup LONG before anyone has enough artillery to actually give it a beating, whereas the US FRP requires the final tech.

@Noitatohtori said:
    Major? Just move your stuff away and continue, business as usual. It can relocate, escape, advance with pushes and scout with abilities.

And it requires the Major and Ambulance, both of which take up popcap, meanwhile the BG is just a structure. You can literally roll up your tank for a split-second, fire 1 shot to knock out the ambulance, and peace out. Or of course a single howitzer shell will do the trick as well. The USF FRP has obvious and clear ways to go about pushing it off, whereas removing OKWs requires you to simply outnumber them in everyway long enough to focus it down.

Delaying OKWs FRP is by far the most welcome change in the patch for me, and I am only sad that they did not see fit to remove them entirely from all 3 factions who get them.

Having a tech building out of your base isn't a boon, it's a huge drawback.

In this case, why won't you put it in base and why do you even care for the FRP nerf?

Rarely are Soviet or Wehr tech buildings destroyed, but OKW has to balance between keeping them safe and gaining any kind of benefit from their unique abilities. While I agree that FRP should be removed across the board, I would take a mobile retreat point any day of the week over the static "fuck me up" sign that the BG is.

Trucks can be rarely destroyed too and are if you don't over extend them, but place them smartly and use them smartly to keep the map instead of getting pushed back.

2 years ago

@SkysTheLimit said:

@Noitatohtori said:
    It's not the exact same mechanic. The Bofors indirect fire can be cancelled to immediately resume direct fire and it's purposefully designed to counter the things that should counter Bofors itself. It doesn't have a 60 second cooldown where it can do fuck-all.

Nor should it be, AGAIN, the Bofors is not a FREE building that is a bonus with your tech structure. It is a specifically purchased unit, designed for nothing other than actually fighting. The flak HQ provides you with access to units, and potentially gets you closer to building a KT.

IF you choose to get a Bofors, then you are building an AA unit. There is no choice involved in the Flak HQ. You build it every game, and for a tech structure to have ZERO micro requirement when it comes to completely denying the other teams air support is absurd. If you ask me I would of liked to see a large munitions cost be placed on the Flak gun.

The FlakHQ is priced with the flak gun in mind, and it does cost quite a lot. It's not "free." Whenever you place the truck, you're making an investment. Either the Flak HQ gives you some kind of a benefit, or it doesn't. That's even not taking into the account the fact that if you want to get anything out of it, often that means putting it in the flanks or near the front line, endangering it to enemy artillery or tanks. I'd be happy to have the gun cost munitions if the price otherwise went down. Then I could just plant it in my base without having to pay for the gun and go happily about my day.

And as for Bofors, it's not just an AA unit. It's AA, AI and anti-light vehicle all in one and completely shuts down everything in its area of effect until you get tanks or artillery to break it. And unlike Schwerer, which merely denies infantry and suppresses/pins them, the Bofors absolutely devastates infantry, forcing you to fight without infantry support if you do decide to assault it with armor.

2 years ago

@Noitatohtori said:

@SkysTheLimit said:

@Noitatohtori said:

The FlakHQ is priced with the flak gun in mind, and it does cost quite a lot. It's not "free." Whenever you place the truck, you're making an investment. Either the Flak HQ gives you some kind of a benefit, or it doesn't. That's even not taking into the account the fact that if you want to get anything out of it, often that means putting it in the flanks or near the front line, endangering it to enemy artillery or tanks. I'd be happy to have the gun cost munitions if the price otherwise went down. Then I could just plant it in my base without having to pay for the gun and go happily about my day.

No, its not.
    Compare it to last tech of all other factions and you'll see that clearly as sun.

And as for Bofors, it's not just an AA unit. It's AA, AI and anti-light vehicle all in one and completely shuts down everything in its area of effect until you get tanks or artillery to break it. And unlike Schwerer, which merely denies infantry and suppresses/pins them, the Bofors absolutely devastates infantry, forcing you to fight without infantry support if you do decide to assault it with armor.

That's why its a side tech that locks you from powerful light vehicle, cost pop cap, upkeep and isn't being given for free.

2 years ago
    mrgame2mrgame2 Posts: 496

Axis is unplayable now.

Conscript spam the waazzo
    Brit lightning fast mortar, take ages to take down bofors.
    2 Jacksons dominate the field with infantry blobs.
    Goodbye relic u sux.

2 years ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,271
    edited December 2017

@Noitatohtori said:
    The FlakHQ is priced with the flak gun in mind, and it does cost quite a lot. It's not "free."

Lol no its not. Not even close. Add up the tech costs for all 5 factions, if that were true OKWs would be way more than everyone else's. Add up Soviet side-tech (since those bonuses are included for free for OKW) and regular tech altogether and you'll get 245 fuel. OKWs Sws trucks+tech buildings gets you to 240 fuel. If a massive bonus the OKW has access too that the Soviets doesn't is included in that cost, then where's the big fuel difference?

@Noitatohtori said:
    Whenever you place the truck, you're making an investment. Either the Flak HQ gives you some kind of a benefit, or it doesn't. That's even not taking into the account the fact that if you want to get anything out of it, often that means putting it in the flanks or near the front line, endangering it to enemy artillery or tanks.

No it doesn't. You can put the thing pretty close to your base sector and it will still shoot down a ton of aircraft. Since planes need to fly all over the map regardless of where they are loitering, you are getting free AA no matter where you put it.

2 years ago
    HingieHingie Posts: 2,006
    edited December 2017
    > @Katitof said:
    > Step 1 - build mortar.
    > Step 2 - build ATG.
    > Step 3 - use smoke and directly attack with ATGs.
    >
    > If you struggle against bofors, then you really need to work on your skill.
    > There is reason why not even a single player uses it in top 100-its too easily countered.

Right. Meanwhile, my opponent of course does not try to defend it's emplacement in the slightest. Not to mention I spent 320+240 MP to counter a 280 MP 30 Fuel unit. The Bofors is waaaaaay to cheap for its power or waaaaaay too powerful for its price. For the same cost I can roughly get a 251. Or an M20. Now, do any of those two vehicles have even remotely the same impact as the Bofors? And before you mention your tired excuse that it locks out the AEC... getting the M20 generally means skipping the other officer for USF as well. No unit in the game offers what the Bofors offers for cost. Build it on a fuel point and that fuel point remains yours for quite some time. Even if the enemy commits resources to destroy it, it achieved it's goal by tying up resources of the enemy for a considerable amount of time for basically no micro requirement whatsoever. Not to mention that in order to counter the Bofors the way you mentioned it you need to spend more ressources on destroying it than it costs.
    And I don't give two spits about what the top 100 players do. They are busy abusing other, more broken tactics and builds. That does not negate the Bofors Bullshit, over the top efficiency and no-brainer functionality.
    2 years ago

Ok, I'll say it this way:

Mortar pit was nerfed, because it was a problem.
    Now, can you guess all by yourself why bofors wasn't touched?

I'll give you a friendly hint:
    It was not a problem and it isn't for anyone who can play above AI level.

2 years ago
    HingieHingie Posts: 2,006
    The Bofors wasn't touched for the same reason the SU 76 wasn't buffed for 2 years, or Penals weren't changed for God knows how long. Limited resources combined with limited time conjugate priorities and the Bofors wasn't one. Doesn't mean it's not broken. Or shall I remind you how other things took long time for them to be tweaked regardless how much you cried for them to be op?
    2 years ago
    Could we maybe shift to a discussion of how these changes (or lack thereof) are playing out in actual game situations? I havent gotten a chance to play yet, or i would provide some feedback.

What does everyone think so far?

Im especially interested in how the okw ISG is performing against UKF emplacements now that A. ISG are more accessible and have smoke and potentially fire, and B. the emplacements can't brace as long and dont repair as quickly while braced. Seems like this should be a lot easier for OKW now but i wonder if the incendiary rounds are potent enough.
    2 years ago

@Katitof said:

By that logic, nothing can change because if it wasn't changed already, it's fine and shouldn't be changed.

2 years ago

@Noitatohtori said:

@Katitof said:

By that logic, nothing can change because if it wasn't changed already, it's fine and shouldn't be changed.

Modders have changed literally EVERY SINGLE op and up unit this patch.
    MOST CLEARLY emplacements and static defenses were in scope as most of them got changes too.

I know I'm breaking your axis heart with this, but if something wasn't change this patch, its because its fine and you need to play better next time.

2 years ago
    @katitof not EVERY SINGLE OP thing. Kv-2 can still cap territory and there is really no counter for that
    2 years ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951
    edited December 2017

@Katitof said:
    Modders have changed literally EVERY SINGLE op and up unit this patch.

Don't worry M42/Valentine, I still love you, as trying as you are

2 years ago
    zeroing arty single handedly destroys sim city. if one isnt enough, two surely are. so if a brit sets up on a star you can just double team a different player until you build up enough cp and mu to make little brit boy quit very quickly.

for this reason i dont mind that the bofors remains op.

it's the soviets that are the real problem. seriously.. did shock troops really need a buff? really?? they could already chew through three squads of volks before even thinking about retreating.
    2 years ago
    ShukoShuko Posts: 4

@ElliotAlderson said:
    Could we maybe shift to a discussion of how these changes (or lack thereof) are playing out in actual game situations? I havent gotten a chance to play yet, or i would provide some feedback.

What does everyone think so far?

I've been testing out the fallschirmjägers. They are still completely useless. As a 4-man squad they are too fragile and by the time you get them, RM blobs are already vetted and BARed up and you stand no chance. Oh well, maybe in a few years... I would really like to use something other than fusiliers in team games for a change.

2 years ago
    capiquacapiqua Posts: 270

Mechanized Company is pure mechanized, Where is the arty of 155?

IMO is excessive so much vehicle.

2 years ago
    > @Shuko said:
    > @ElliotAlderson said:
    > Could we maybe shift to a discussion of how these changes (or lack thereof) are playing out in actual game situations? I havent gotten a chance to play yet, or i would provide some feedback.
    >
    > What does everyone think so far?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I've been testing out the fallschirmjägers. They are still completely useless. As a 4-man squad they are too fragile and by the time you get them, RM blobs are already vetted and BARed up and you stand no chance. Oh well, maybe in a few years... I would really like to use something other than fusiliers in team games for a change.

I dont think i can name a single lone squad capable of taking on any blob. Not even vetted shocks with their 1.5 armour and 6 men are durable enough. They are infiltration units now with camo all the time. Try more than brute force. Aside from their nades on cooldown they got buffs so....
    2 years ago
    XlossXloss Posts: 235

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    > @Shuko said:
    > @ElliotAlderson said:
    > Could we maybe shift to a discussion of how these changes (or lack thereof) are playing out in actual game situations? I havent gotten a chance to play yet, or i would provide some feedback.
    >
    > What does everyone think so far?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I've been testing out the fallschirmjägers. They are still completely useless. As a 4-man squad they are too fragile and by the time you get them, RM blobs are already vetted and BARed up and you stand no chance. Oh well, maybe in a few years... I would really like to use something other than fusiliers in team games for a change.

I dont think i can name a single lone squad capable of taking on any blob. Not even vetted shocks with their 1.5 armour and 6 men are durable enough. They are infiltration units now with camo all the time. Try more than brute force. Aside from their nades on cooldown they got buffs so....

Completely agree on that.
    Why would an infiltration Squad take on an army? Is there something we miss?

2 years ago

Axis was already a fun challenge compared to playing allies. Now they're utterly unplayable.

Sucks.

2 years ago
    Excuse my ignorance but does the Kubel have shared vet?
    2 years ago
    PrincessBubblegumPrincessB… Posts: 110
    edited December 2017

Well, a couple of matches played.
    Allies are superior. Every faction have received more buffs than it deserves.
    Starting on soviets: now IL-2 strafe is no-brainer. It is like "delete" button on axis infantry in late game. It wipes even PAKs and RWs easily.
    With so strong early game on allied side getting more than 1-2 tanks for axis is impossible, this strafe kills all AT support and gives open air to T34 spammers in all their glory. Radio-intercept gives even more salt. Really, why the hell this ability is passive and CANNOT BE COUNTERED ANYWAYS, EVEN WITH RADIO-SILENCE ABILITY OF OKW. RADIO SILENCE CANNOT COUNTER RADIO INTERCEPT, relic please. This soviet ability was OP before patch and now soviets are unstoppable with radio-intercept T-34-85 doctrines.
    PPSH-cons have possibility to kill STG-obers in 1v1 combat. Of course in close range, but it is too much utility for so cheap squad.
    Panther still lacking. A little support (like 1-2 zis shots) to cheap T-34-85 gives him like 80 percent chance to take it down. "Mark target" is cheap no-brainer and works like recon (yeah, it was the same annoying before the patch, but everybody was crying about "OP" STG-volks and pfusies). Buff of MG's dont give a possibility to deal even with 2 vet0 RE's equipped with bazookas, they do too much more damage than they deserve.
    OKW AA halftrack was rushed by cons on my eyes and destroyed by AT nades. I repeat the situation: not a cons blob. Just 3 cons squads rushing in queue and send at nade before they get supressed. So there is no alternative for old Luchs in dealing with superior infantry masses.
    New Luchs is lackluster. Comes too late. Misses too much shots against allied lights. Always come when allies have counter to it in masses. There is no point to use it, now OKW T2 got only 2 vehicles avalaible. Soviets are open to spam infantry, nice work.
    IL-2 strafe was not taken down by schwere when I picked an "AA mode". It just did it work and left a schwere for 2 T-34-85 because raketen was wiped. A single comment for new AA mode, nothing else. Thanks for allowing OKW place a truck on the base sector. Really don't see a point to place em somewhere else with so superior allied arty like 120mm mortar, call-in arty and tanks.
    Another maxim buff. Maxim spam is back in masses. Good work.
    Brits:
    Maps, what have garrisons, give to UKF a possibility to spam only IS and dominate the battlefield. Even ostheer mortar requires too much time to clean the garrison and ostheer flamepios drop models before they reach a distance. Those awesome grenades are so cheap to research that every UKF player now get them and garrisons are always on UKF favor to take and destroy enemy troops.
    Centaur is vehicle of doom, buffed speed gives him an option to wipe squads and AT guns even on retreat. Supported by 2 qf6 centaur becomes unstoppable.
    Nobody feels Firefly nerf, because it is cosmetic. It snipes axis tanks like before (tank commander upgrade, cheap and awesome, yoohoo), all kind of AT cannot get on range to take FF down because of buffed AVRE and centaur. Best patch ever, when things go even worse with "nerfed" units.
    USF:
    Smoke grenade spam is unchanged. Officers still spam em like crazy. Point of removing it from rifles is not taken.
    Fortunately, USF changes just brought them on line to axis, only smoke spam and is annoying.
    OKW is "unplayable", like those two guys on top have said. Literally everything what u need comes too late and all early-game counters are nerfed.
    Wehrmacht has some new "toys" to speak with UKF and USF, but soviets are unstoppable even against new wehrmacht.

Gonna switch to play only allies, because now things have gone like I expected here before. Especially with new IL-2 strafe I don't see the point to play factions what cannot get their infantry out of base sector.

2 years ago
    NiradNirad Posts: 206
    edited December 2017
    All the whining about axis unplayable. Axis had it easy for 5 years. Allied get a buff to level the playing field and all the axis players start whining. So typical and knew it was coming. I found the matches to be more even. Panthers don't bum rush Jacksons anymore. If course it looks like allies are spamming units and makes them look overpowered since they are trying the units out. Axis players need to actually use their brains now lol. Give it some time for people to adjust to the patch instead of complaining. Obviously a lot of time went into the patch with a lot of community feedback saying they agreed with the changes. Can't please everyone I guess.
    2 years ago

@Nirad написал:
    Axis had it easy for 5 years.

Axis NEVER had "easy gaming". Before the last 2 patches axis had to face penals with flamers, USF terminators, comet spams etc. All what OKW (only OKW, wehr always were underpowered) had was volksgrenadier steamroll what was uncounterable only by USF. Anything else was easy to counter and even easier now.

Allied get a buff to level the playing field and all the axis players start whining.

I am not only axis player and i don't believe that if even any faction was underperforming for years it must be overpowered even for 1 day, it is not a true justice.

Panthers don't bum rush Jacksons anymore.

Panthers never did that if you have even 1 bazooka squad, panther were always lacking on it's duty, it is expensive tank destroyer what dies from cheaper allied counterparts.

If course it looks like allies are spamming units and makes them look overpowered since they are trying the units out.

No, now with even more stronger early-middle game soviets and USF are allowed to spam tanks and infantry when axis are lacking on counter to both.

Axis players need to actually use their brains now lol.

From both axis faction can name only 1 non-brainer: volksgrenadiers. More "no-brainer" because OKW has no other choice on infantry part.

Obviously a lot of time went into the patch with a lot of community feedback saying they agreed with the changes.

Even on this thread folks wrote a walls and walls of text why and where patch goes wrong way. Literally everything was ignored without any arguments.

2 years ago
    But im still worried about ost in 1v1 , they can reach 13 cp and bring only tigers and i saw this in most of the battles , u removed all call in tanks but not the big ones due to only one allowed in battlefield but quality over quantity , no tank can go toe to toe with the tiger , have u thought about this? Its very easy to hold with mines paks and infantry and then call in a tiger , im telling this because 4 docs have the abillity to bring tiger and there too many players who choose between these 4 for 1v1 and 3 of them are in.
    2 years ago

@The_Centurion said:
    But im still worried about ost in 1v1 , they can reach 13 cp and bring only tigers and i saw this in most of the battles , u removed all call in tanks but not the big ones due to only one allowed in battlefield but quality over quantity , no tank can go toe to toe with the tiger , have u thought about this? Its very easy to hold with mines paks and infantry and then call in a tiger , im telling this because 4 docs have the abillity to bring tiger and there too many players who choose between these 4 for 1v1 and 3 of them are in.

All allied stock TDs have no problem contesting tiger as they all were tweaked to be less effective against medium armor and more effective against heavy armor.

You can't slug it out, unless you have IS-2, but TDs do the job just fine.

2 years ago
    HardyStyledHardyStyl… MoscowPosts: 24

British forward base exclusive medic upgrade seems to be very weird. It might be okay in 1v1, 2v2 modes, but in 3v3+ it's just useless because of it's exclusivness. And I really don't get it, because you can only upgrade retreat point after t3 built, so both medics and retreat can't be abused early/mid game + new reinforce penalty system. It should be better with both upgrades being avaible for research instead of just one.

Also, it looks like that Axis meta is primary arty spam, and with rebalanced abilities it looks like that UKF emplacements can't handle any kind engagements with Axis arty even with bracing. Damage is too big and you put sappers in big risk trying to repair it with auto repair ability enabled, and it's hard to outzone enemies arty with infantry if they had good mg covering. With non UKF teammates it is possible to survive that, otherwise investment is very risking and you will probably lose a lot of engagements because of enemies arty superiority. So repair rate buff for commander ability might be a solution. Or cost changes.

2 years ago

Couldn't have done something with soviet vet 1 for tanks? i wish the IS2 didn't have secure mode i think its cost is enough to justify it not sharing vet 1 with the measly t34. Same goes for other soviet tanks, i think cappig points only makes sense for cheap t34s

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• © SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Relic Entertainment, the Relic Entertainment logo, Company of Heroes and the Company of Heroes logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.