1vs1-4vs4 [UKF] Q17 punder nest damage.

1 year ago

since the Q17 nest lost it garrison damagebonus it should be adjusted to 300 damage i think, it did 320 before if it was close to an assimble or had a dude in it. Its ok if the pak has 320 damage and still able to 2-shot medium tanks because of it lesser benefits comparing to the Q17. Alternity get 300 after vet 1 or back to 320 after reachin vet 3. It just got an UI added(which dosent work currently) to make up for the loss of the assimble aura and garrisn bonus which is a bit meh imo.

What u think?

Comments

1 year ago
    MisterMafMisterMaf Posts: 28
    edited January 2018

Nobody uses the 17 pounder because it's such a liability for its cost in fuel and population. Any buff for it would be welcome tbh, especially after such a heavy nerf as losing its garrison bonus.

1 year ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,014

@MisterMaf said:
    Nobody uses the 17 pounder because it's such a liability for its cost in fuel and population. Any buff for it would be welcome tbh, especially after such a heavy nerf as losing its garrison bonus.

Two major changes. It's only 14 pop now, so it's no longer a liability, and the Axis super heavy TDs have had their range nerfed so they can now only trade with the emplacement rather than snipe it (the 17pdr will absolutely win). These are massive buffs, and more then enough compensation for removing the garrison mechanic.

1 year ago
    mrdjjag81mrdjjag81 Posts: 233

For the amount of fuel it cost it should has 320 damage i think, be faired at least sence its pretty easy to kill. Also, 90 mun for a pearcing round ability?? 50-60 would be a better spot.

1 year ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,721
    edited January 2018

The unit received 5 buff last patch.
    Actually Pack43 is easier to kill than 17p.

17 Pounder Anti-Tank Nest

• Population from 20 to 14
    • Reload from 5.7 to 5.5
    • Can no longer garrison troops
    • Weapon range UI indicator added
    • Flares moved to veterancy 1
    • Piercing Rounds now available at veterancy 0
    1 year ago
    MustiMusti Posts: 20

@mrdjjag81 said:
    For the amount of fuel it cost it should has 320 damage i think, be faired at least sence its pretty easy to kill. Also, 90 mun for a pearcing round ability?? 50-60 would be a better spot.

It already has 320 damage, since it 2-shots Pz4s and Jp4s. Unless ofc. I didn't get the memo and they had their HP nerfed to 600.

@Lazarus said:
    (the 17pdr will absolutely win).

Actually, it won't, trading shot for shot the 17 will lose to both JT and Ferdi even with vet 3. That is of course just in testing, I haven't had my 17pdr killed in a live game by a TD yet since most players are smart enough to not go for trades and just use artillery instead so it's probably irrelevant, but it's still a bit of a shame that 17 loses to what it's supposed to counter.

I found myself using the 17 much more often since the patch, and I think the changes are very positive.

@Vipper said:
    Actually Pack43 is easier to kill than 17p.

Depends on how you look at it, the 17 is definitely much more resilient to infantry assaults and artillery/off-map strikes so it often requires much more munitions sunk to finish it off. On the other hand you can't really place it behind a building (because of the 90 muni ability cost) and it is vulnerable to AT guns, tanks and TDs (i.e. things it's supposed to counter)

1 year ago
    mrdjjag81mrdjjag81 Posts: 233

It already has 320 damage, since it 2-shots Pz4s and Jp4s. Unless ofc. I didn't get the memo and they had their HP nerfed to 600.

Think it has 280 right?